Posting your relationship on facebook

Options
I'm in a distance relationship and my boyfriend said he doesn't want to change his relationship status on facebook after us meeting and being together for 2 weeks, saying that he's not very social and he doesn't want to explain to people about dating a foreign chick. He says he wants us to be in a relationship and he's taking it seriously, he doesn't want to cheat or anything, but it just seems to me like he's embarassed to tell people that we're together. How do you guys feel about changing your relationship status on facebook?

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I feel like my relationship status on facebook has very little do with my relationship.
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I never like posting my relationships on Facebook. I've never had a long distance one, but I still never appreciated the broadcasting of a relationship or a (potential) break up. Maybe he's the same way?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm in a distance relationship and my boyfriend said he doesn't want to change his relationship status on facebook after us meeting and being together for 2 weeks, saying that he's not very social and he doesn't want to explain to people about dating a foreign chick. He says he wants us to be in a relationship and he's taking it seriously, he doesn't want to cheat or anything, but it just seems to me like he's embarassed to tell people that we're together. How do you guys feel about changing your relationship status on facebook?

That's not really a good sign.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm still single on FB but my girlfriend doesn't have a FB account so what she doesn't know won't hurt her, it's nice to have all those women still throw themselves at me and flirt with all of them!
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    How to you expect him to pick up a side piece if he changes his relationship status?
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm still single on FB but my girlfriend doesn't have a FB account so what she doesn't know won't hurt her, it's nice to have all those women still throw themselves at me and flirt with all of them!

How YOU doin'? :wink:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I just keep mine as single or no women hit on me and send nood photo.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    That's cause for a breakup. Facebook relationship status is serious and should not be discounted as something that is not important. Facebook is EVERYTHING!
  • Nouurann
    Options
    Don't think you're making her feel any better :noway:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

How YOU doin'? :wink:

Hey, I heard you got yourself a new guy friend lately, as long as your status isn't changed on FB, it's not cheating!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'll never change my FB status to "in a relationship with", until they allow me to list everyone I'm "in a relationship with." It's only fair. Don't want to leave anyone out.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    IDK dont let FB drama get to you. I mean you could tag him in photos of the two of you if you kind of wanted to do it underhanded, and let the side women know youre an item.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I feel like my relationship status on facebook has very little do with my relationship.

This.
  • BigCupOTea
    Options
    Facebook is stupid for this very reason.
  • Nouurann
    Options
    IDK dont let FB drama get to you. I mean you could tag him in photos of the two of you if you kind of wanted to do it underhanded, and let the side women know youre an item.

Smart!!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I changed my status to 'in a relationship' once...then I felt like a dork when I had to change it back to 'single'. I wouldn't change it again unless I got married or engaged.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Qft!
  • KindredSouls
    KindredSouls Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    797490.gif
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

^this.

Seriously??? you are worried about his FB status??? Have you ever been through a break up while having your reltationship status on FB? ever have to deal with all the drama and comments when it goes from "in a relationship" to "single"????

If FB is dictating your emotions this much, time to deactivate gurl.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Oh don't worry. I'm just going to save over your file on Zelda tonight