so guys what's your reasons for losing weight

Options
I want to do it because i wanna join the police :) so whats your reasons :) feel free to add me as a freind

Replies

• michealjohndeer
    Options
    bump :)
  • carolesal
    Options
    Have one year before my cruise through Italy. Want to be healthy to walk those beautiful streets & sights !!! :smile:
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Originally I wanted to be healthy, I hated not being able to look in the mirror. 64lbs later, the truth is, I just want to feed my ego and like how muscles look on my body.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My niece!! When my sister had a baby I just knew that I had to get myself into shape in order to keep up with her. I also wanted to be an auntie that she would not be ashamed of. Now both my sisters are pregnant and I am expecting two more nieces. I will definately be keeping up with all of them and they will be proud of me.
  • sammieqt
    Options
    I need healthy habits before having one of those things called a baby. Plus I have to be in a some sort of swim wear in five months.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Originally I wanted to lose weight just because I felt fat and blobby. Now I still feel blobby somedays, but now i want to lose weight and get fit more to see what my body is capable of. I want to lift more, run faster - and I still want to fit in smaller size clothes lol. I like how I feel when I eat right and exercise.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm just a nicer person all round when I'm fit and trim.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Get fit and look good naked.
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to have to buy new pants and looking even better naked is a bonus.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose the baby weight from #1 before trying for #2. Proud to say I'm 12lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight! So now we're finally actively trying for #2 (#1 is 2 1/2).
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    For the most part I've had back issues for years and all of my doctors would rather be fat shaming than actually investigate the problem.

When my insurance changes in January I hoping to find some doctors who will actually run tests so I can make sure there are no larger problems and continue on with my workouts.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    For the most part it's just been a slow journey of gradually getting more fit and acquiring better habits as my weight has fluctuated over the years. Now I'm getting married in 7 months though so that's definitely a kick in the pants to push myself harder!

There's a lot of reasons to want to be healthy in general.
    1, obviously like most I want to look good.
    2, at one time I was very depressed and have found that eating right and exercising goes a long way toward alleviating that.
    3, brain disease (like dementia and cancer) run in my family and I really want to avoid that too. I want to be alive and enjoying it for a long time.
    4. I'm a competing equestrian and while it's not as physically strenuous as other sports, it sure doesn't hurt to be fit for both ability and aesthetics.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    to not fall in the same health issues as my mother
    to complete a spartan sprint
    to complete a tough mudder
    and the most important reason, for me
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    1) I'm obese
    2) I don't want to be obese
    3) My mother is obese and has congestive heart failure, diabetes etc...takes like 30 pills a day, I don't want to be my mom
    4) I love my life and want to live!
    5) I found out I absolutely love exercising and how I feel afterwards
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I can say all the right reasons here with health and such, but deep down I'm shallow. It's sheer vanity.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm vain and I want to look good naked

Though, I also am very conscious about my health. Heart problems and cancer run in my family, and I'm the only person in my immediate family who is not significantly overweight. I'm watching my parents, my aunts and uncles and previously watched my grandma degenerate. I don't want to be stumbling around with walkers and wheelchairs when I'm old, and be unable to walk up stairs. I want to still be running, and climbing and being generally annoying
  • emeraldvssilver
    emeraldvssilver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have completely vain reasons too. I want to be able to fit into THAT dress that I've been looking at for months but only goes up to a size 16.
  • mamiarellano
    mamiarellano Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My reasons to lose weight: For my family. I want to be around a long time so I need to take care of myself for my family. One of those things that maybe they will see what positive changes are and want to follow along. Could also be that it may help with snoring lol. I do want to feel better about myself too. I'm doing this for me, but I am also focused for my family's sake. ^.^
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    im eventually going to die and in the course get older, and id perfer not to be a debilitated old lady
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have several reasons and they vary. I have struggled with weight ever since puberty. About 6 years ago I lost 70 lbs and I felt (and looked) better than I ever have. Ultimately I gained it all back. I want that feeling again. To be healthy and active and not so self conscious about the way I look. I want to enjoy shopping for clothes instead of dread it. Also I want to show my ex fiancé how good I can look (he left me for another woman 2 months ago...she is a size 8). Also I am going to a convention next fall to meet my favorite actor and have my picture made with him and I want to look good for that lol. I don't want him to see me fat, which may be a little silly I guess but oh well...its motivation for me so whatever works. There are more reasons and every day they seem to change a little but every day I have a reason and that's what's going to get me to my goal.