Ladies, What is your weekly workout routine?

Options

Replies

• CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Mon, Tues, Thurs is Zumba for one hour, planking routine, then home to do 30 day shred with my daughter. Wednesday and Sunday is jogging 2 miles or speed walking 3 miles. If I ever can't due to weather I use my elliptical
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Monday: Legs
    Tues: Cardio
    Wed: HIIT and shoulders
    Thurs: rest
    Fri: Chest and triceps
    Sat: Cardio
    Sun: Back and biceps

I do core work in there too :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm following the Strong Curves program....so my schedule looks like this:

Monday-Lift + short run
    Tuesday-Lift
    Wednesday-moderate run
    Thursday-Lift
    Friday-Lift
    Saturday-moderate/long run
    Sunday-rest

Looks good :) But when you lift what are you lifting? Thats the thing i have most trouble about

There are lots of free programs you can find online or ones you can buy....like Strong Curves by Bret Contreras or Beautiful Badass by Nia Shanks. I started off doing Stronglifts which is a great place to start to work on form and build strength. Starting Strength is also a free program that is similar to Stronglifts. New Rules of Lifting for Women is a very popular book for beginners as well. When I was doing primarily dumbbell work I started out with the book The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises.

If you can give a bit more information as to your activity history and your goals, I'm sure that we can help point you in the right direction. Some of us that are posting here have been lifting for some time, so our routines may not be suitable for where you are at right now :smile:
  • vandeshalinzie
    Options
    I just started doing 2 a days. Yesterday morning I did cardio (elliptical and bicycle for 15 min each) and in the afternoon I did 10 min of cardio (jogging) and upper body (rowing, bicep cursl, lat pulls, tricep dips, ect). Today I plan to do cardio and lower body (lunges, squats core exercises and butt) routines.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Lifting 3-4 days a week - starts w/ 12-15min cardo to warm up, then lifting (see below) then 25-30 min cardo (elliptical or c25k). If I don't get 4 workouts that week, I pick up where ever I stopped (IE: day 1, 2 & 3 in 1 week, next week start off with missed day 4 then to day 1).

Plus at work, (2-3) 15min walks during the "smoke breaks" (i don't smoke)

current workouts

day 1
    bench press, incline (3 sets - 10 reps)
    bench press, upright (3 sets - 10 reps)
    bench press, flat (3 sets - 10 reps)
    butterfly (machine) or DD Flys (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Military Press (machine) (3 sets - 10 reps)
    DD Side Lat Raise (3 sets - 10 reps)
    DD Front Press, Incline (3 sets - 10 reps)
    BB Standing Front Raise Over (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Upright BB Row (3 sets - 10 reps)

day 2
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldown (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Seated Cable Row (3 sets - 10 reps)
    BB Reverse Grip Bent Over Row (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Bent Over 2-arm Row (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Kickbacks (3 sets - 10 reps each arm)
    Cable Crossover (shoulder height) (3 sets - 10 reps)
    BB Incline Bench Pull (3 sets - 10 reps)

day 3
    Squat (warm up sets 15lb under weight, rep of 10 - add 5lb, rep of 10 till up to full weight, then 3 sets of 8-10 reps)
    Deadlift (similar to above)
    Leg extension (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Seated Leg Curl (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Calf Extension (3 sets - 10 reps) - this can be on the Plate machine or Floor Machine
    Leg Press (3 sets - 10 reps) - this can be on the Plate machine or Floor Machine
    Ab Machine (3 sets - 10 reps)

day 4
    BB Curl, Lying Against Incline (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Hammer Curl (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Seated DD Curl (3 sets - 10 reps)
    21's (3 sets)
    Standing Biceps Cable Curl (3 sets - 10 reps)
    DD Tricep Press (Overhead) (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Tricep Pushdown, Rope (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Underhand Cable Pulldown (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Straight Arm Pulldown (3 sets - 10 reps)
    Dip Machine (3 sets - 10 reps)

(was doing something called Shortcut to Size, but an injury made me stop and when I was good again, I wanted to mix it up some since I was 3/4'ers done. After 3 months of this, I'll head back to S2S).
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wanting to include more strength training, but not sure where to start... Just starting out running, doing a half marathon in June.

My routine-
    Mon- elliptical or Jillian DVD, and 3 mile run
    Tue- spin class, and a short 1-2 mile run with my 8 yr old(I sweat! I count it! Lol)
    Wed- 4-5 mile run
    Thur- spin class and short run with 8 yr old
    Fri- either elliptical or Jillian DVD, then a 3 mile run
    Sat- Long run- I'm up to 5 miles, except I have a 5k this sat. Instead.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    M W F is 100 pushups program (free app- and online site)
    also do the 30day plank program
    add some cardio in between and you have the recipe for gold.
  • Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have to say you all are an inspiration - I've just started going to the gym (I know, terrible). But last week I started with 15 mins treadmill (1 mile) – I did the machine circuit once, and finished with 5 minutes on the elliptical. I was drenched and felt like my legs were rubber!:grumble: (that was a week ago today)

I’ve gone 3 more times since then, and last night I did 2.5 miles (37 minutes on the treadmill) – weighted squats and weighted declined situps - so I'm impressed with my improvement already... :glasses:

I am looking to keep improving my stamina and hopefully get to some of your amazing stats! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am also in for weight lifting suggestions (I don’t ever know what to do!) :huh: :huh:
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    M: Aerial class (so basically arms, back, & core)
    T: Legs=squat, lunges, single romanian dead-lift, dead-lift, hip thrusts
    W: Aerial class
    Th: Legs
    F: Flexibility training (basically yoga)
    Sat: Aerial open gym
    Sun: Rest, but usually contains some sort of mild cardio, hiking etc.

I'm also trying to work more cardio in. Mostly because I'd like to eat more food. :laugh:

ETA: I do 5x5 training on Tuesday and 8x3 on Thursday and then add weight the next week.
  • ashleynratliff
    Options
    My routine is:

M - Lower/Core strength training, 20 minutes cardio
    T - 60-90 of cardio (can be split into two sessions)
    W - Upper/Core strength training, 20 minutes cardio
    T - Lower/Core strength training, 20 minutes cardio
    F - 60-90 of cardio (can be split into two sessions)
    S - Upper/Core strength training, 20 minutes cardio
    S - 60-90 of cardio (can be split into two sessions)

I take rest days as needed - usually once per week. And its typically a cardio day.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Depends on whether or not I took a rest day.

This week looks like this:

Mon: 30 min cardio (running); Strength: 50 min. back and abs
    Tues: 30 min cardio (running); Strength: Shoulders & legs (probably an hour)
    Wed: 30 min cardio (Arc trainer); Strength: Tri's & abs (probably 45-50 min)
    Thurs: 30 min cardio (running); Strength: Bi's and legs (probably 60-70 min. since it's squat day)
    Fri: 30 min cardio (running); Strength: chest & abs (60-70 min)

Repeat with back & legs etc.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. I've done Jillian's 30DS, Ripped in 30, Hip Hop Abs, Insanity, T25, and am starting P90X3 as soon as it releases in December. All of these workouts have calendars to follow, so there's no "arms day" "legs day" etc... It's simply interval training.

Wow! Your picture is really 10 months later? You look great girl!! And you did those and got those results? I may have to rethink what Im doing lol

Why, thank you! :) Yep, 10 months difference. The key is clean eating within a caloric deficit, plenty of protein, and daily strength/cardio. Strength training, strength training, strength training! I can't stress this enough. Working out at home is easy. You get to wear just a sports bra and not care who sees you! ;-)
  • tracklyf
    Options
    I'm a competitive distance cross country/track athlete, and train 6 days a week with 3-4 days body strength.

monday: 35 minutes jog (about 8km) plus strength
    Tuesday: Hard training like intervals, fartleks, surge runs etc. (about 10+km)
    Wednesday: 35 minutes jog (8km) plus strength
    Thursday: Hard training like intervals, fartleks, surge runs etc. (about 10+km)
    Friday: strength (my rest day)
    Saturday: Hill endurance training (8-10km)
    Sunday: 70 minute long run (15km)

all together i do anywhere between 55-60km a week :) which equals between a 2750-3000 weekly calorie burn
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Do 40-60 minutes on the elliptical during the week and 60-90 on the weekend. My weight splits are organized as push, pull, legs. Push is bench, flies, shoulder press. Pull is rows and lat pulldowns. Legs is single leg extensions, abductors, adductors, quad curls. Will throw in a weight split after cardio. On rare occasions will throw in arm or core exercises instead, because both bore me. Unfortunately can't do free weights anymore. Got a neurological disease in 2011 that affects balance. I'm no longer safe moving weights from the rack to the bench or doing squats or lunges.
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    I use Zombies! Run Tues/Thurs and occasionaly other days during the week when I have time (I usually use two programs so it's a little over an hour). I try to do a short yoga workout at home Mon - Fri. On Weds if schedule allows I attend a full Yoga class. I bike on days I don't run or do Yoga and throw in some park time with my kid, occasional walks, etc.

On weekends my kid goes to his dad's house I throw in another Zombies! Run or two (it's a fun app) and a more serious yoga routine with some Rodney Yee Power Yoga or something like that (where I don't have to worry about interuptions).

I might add in some circuit training, which I can also attend free at work (as well as that one yoga class) soon. I don't really like it, but I do want some added muscle toning. I walk around a lot and am on my feet. So, more cardio at the moment.
  • astange83
    Options
    Monday Wednesday Friday 60 min on the treadmill (currently 4 miles)

Tuesday: 2 miles treadmill working on speed and then light dumbbell work later in the day
    Abdominal Crunches Biceps Curl Dumbbell Row, One-Arm, Bent-Over Flat Dumbbell Press
    Squat Triceps Extension

Thursday 2 miles on Treadmill working on Incline (usually 3.8mph 6-8 incline) and light dumbbell later in day:
    Bent-Leg Kickbacks Deadlift, Straight Leg Dumbbell Press, Seated, Palms-In Shoulder Shrug
    side bends, Standing Calf Raises

Saturday: Free cardio (alt treadmill or bike) and light dumbbell workout:
    Abdominal Crunches Abdominal Leg Raise Flat Dumbbell Press Hammer Curl
    Lateral Raise, Dumbbell, Lying Dumbbell Extension Squat

Sunday: REST
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My workouts are in 2-week rotations as follows:

Monday: Lower body strength training & 30 mins cardio
    Tuesday: 2km Swim & Ab class
    Wednesday: Upper body strength training & 30 mins cardio
    Thursday: 2km Swim & Ab class
    Friday: Lower body strength training & 30 mins cardio
    Saturday: 2km Swim & Ab class
    Sunday: Active Rest (maybe a short swim & a bit of cardio)

Monday: Upper body strength training & 30 mins cardio
    Tuesday: 2km Swim & Ab class
    Wednesday: Lower body strength training & 30 mins cardio
    Thursday: 2km Swim & Ab class
    Friday: Upper body strength training & 30 mins cardio
    Saturday: 2km Swim & Ab class
    Sunday: Active Rest (maybe a short swim & a bit of cardio)

I love this. I'm going to steal this minus the swim. I don't swim :)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Monday - Squats, pause squats, BB reverse lunges, DB step-ups, kettlebell ballistics

Tuesday - Walking and mobility work

Wednesday - Bench, floor press, overhead press, DB rows, DB flys, BB complexes/chains

Thursday - Walking and mobility work

Friday - Deadlifts (sumo), hip thrusts, speed deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, BB rows, kettlebell ballistics

Saturday & Sunday - Walking and mobility work