Dessert recipes that will satisfy my post dinner sweet tooth

Options

Replies

• herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for a pot of low fat ambrosia custard warmed in a pan with sliced banana and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve with 1 amaretti biscuit crumbled over the top. It comes in around 200 calories but does include a banana which makes me feel better about it and it makes for an incredibly satisfying thick creamy warm pudding!
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • andrearoehm85
    Options
    banana "ice cream". slice and freeze 1-2 ripe bananas. pop in the blender with a plash of milk, i use almond milk, and you have a healthy dessert that curbs that ice cream craving.

also i like non fat greek yogurt with a small amount of peanut butter, maybe half of a spoonful, and a drizzle of honey. you can add fruit or a few semi sweet chocolate chips and it's delicious and full of protein :)
  • penneyEmma
    Options
    Wow, posted this before I left for work this morning. Just got home and cannot believe the amount of responses. Thank you all so much. i will take a look through them all. There are some yummy sounding ones.

Keep it coming. I have a great link to post too. Will try and find it and post it
  • AidenBryansMommy
    Options
    I graham cracker with about 2 tsps light cool whip in between and freeze....After about 24 hours they taste like an ice cream sandwich but are great after just a few minutes in the freezer under 100 cals.....YUMMY!!!! Don't knock it until you try it :)
  • reneeopruitt
    reneeopruitt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I smear some cream cheese on top of a graham cracker and put a few berries on top. Raspberries are my favorite. It takes like cheesecake!!!

I think that would be the same as a digestive biscuite with Philadelphia soft cheese on top and then the berries.
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    1/4 C. Fat Free/Sugar Free Jello Instand Pudding and Pie filling (25 Calories)
    ½ sheet of graham cracker (33 calories)
    2 Tbsp LIte Whipped Cream (15 calories)
    1/3 C. No sugar added Cherry Pie filling (35 Calories)

Total Calorie count - 108

Spoon the cherry pie filling on top of the pudding. Crush the graham cracker on top of the pie filling and top with your whipped cream (or leave the whipped cream off for a dessert under 100 Calories!)

you can use Fat Free Reddi Wip for only 5 calories per 2 tbls.

Do the same with Banana Cream Fat Free/Sugar Free Jello, and use sliced bananas instead of the cherry pie filling - tastes like banana cream pie
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Dice an apple, microwave for about 1 minute. Sprinkle with cinnamon & serve with some yoghurt if you want.

Take some no fat fruit flavoured yoghurt. Drain it overnight or longer in a new dish cloth (I hang mine in the fridge over a bowl)...... serve with slices of apple or pear. Some cinnamon on it is pretty yummy too.

Use plain yoghurt, stir in some sweet chilli sauce or corn relish & use vegetables to dip ...for a savory snack.
  • sondra1962
    Options
    i am not sure where to add this or how to make my own topic but i overnight marinated 1 c of red onion and red wine and olive oil vingrete and then poured into pan waited a little bit for the onions to cook and then added 1/2 cup of frozen green beans and a few potatoes (sliced) from a can onions taste better for me when cooked how do i measure that out on my food list thanks
  • sondra1962
    Options
    sounds very good i bet my blueberries would work with that too
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Strawberry chocolate chip milkshake

Place into a blender container--I use a magic bullet single serving cup

1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup skim or low fat milk
    2 teaspoons sugar or sweetener or to taste
    a few drops of vanilla extract

Blend until smooth. You have a strawberry shake.

Add

8 Ghiradelli dark (60% cacao) chips

Blend until the chips are crushed so they can be sipped through a straw.

Drink for a strawberry chocolate chip milkshake or freeze until harder for strawberry chocolate chip ice cream. This will get very hard so do not let it freeze too long. Extra frozen strawberries will make it thicker as well.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I make 3, 2, 1 cake. I think I found the recipe in one of the forums here on MFP. You take 2 cake mixes - one has to be angel food cake mix, and the other is your choice. You combine the two mixes and mix well before putting it in a storage container. Then whenever you want a little something sweet, you mix 3 tablespoons of the mix with 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 1 minute.

I made up a batch of this mix over a month ago, and I still have about 1/3 left. I mixed angel food with a sugar-free chocolate mix. Sometimes I like to add a little extra cocoa powder to it, or sprinkle some cinnamon on top. If I'm feeling really indulgent I'll add a tablespoon of chocolate chips to the mix before microwaving.

The stats you get per serving depend on what kind of mixes you use, but still it's not much. A box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix (white) mixed with a box of Betty Crocker SuperMoist Dark Chocolate Mix makes 20 servings of 3,2,1 Cake at only 164 Calories and 37 Carbs per serving.

Perfect! Thanks for sharing!
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Frozen mixed berries. It doesn't sound much like dessert, but I love it. I usually get a blackberry, raspberry, blueberry mix and eat about a cup every night without defrosting. Delicious!
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    Tasty, chocolately and healthy AND stupid simple:

graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust
    1 package silken tofu
    1 package dark chocolate chip cookies
    1/4 cup Kahlua or you can leave out if you like

melt chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave and let cool to room temp
    put silken tofu, melted chips and kahlua into blender or food processor and blend till smooth
    pour into crust and refrigerate for 2-4 hours

Tastes just like chocolate mousse. I never tell anyone it is tofu b/c they fuss they don't like tofu, but they try this and immediately want the recipe. Recipe is courtesy of Alton Brown.

Oooo, grilled fruit is the BEST. Pineapple, apple, peaches, apricots Wowwy sweet and good.
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump, these sound wonderful! Thanks for all the ideas.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    protein fluff
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream and save 150 calories each day for a Weight Watchers Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Cup. Totally satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I make 3, 2, 1 cake. I think I found the recipe in one of the forums here on MFP. You take 2 cake mixes - one has to be angel food cake mix, and the other is your choice. You combine the two mixes and mix well before putting it in a storage container. Then whenever you want a little something sweet, you mix 3 tablespoons of the mix with 2 tablespoons of water and microwave for 1 minute.

I made up a batch of this mix over a month ago, and I still have about 1/3 left. I mixed angel food with a sugar-free chocolate mix. Sometimes I like to add a little extra cocoa powder to it, or sprinkle some cinnamon on top. If I'm feeling really indulgent I'll add a tablespoon of chocolate chips to the mix before microwaving.

The stats you get per serving depend on what kind of mixes you use, but still it's not much. A box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix (white) mixed with a box of Betty Crocker SuperMoist Dark Chocolate Mix makes 20 servings of 3,2,1 Cake at only 164 Calories and 37 Carbs per serving.

yummy!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Fudgecicles! 40 calories each and great chocolaty goodness!