Savory oatmeal recipe, 225 calories

Options
lauraspberry
lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
I am so proud of myself for coming up with this hehe it beats the plain ol boring oatmeal

Oatmeal "Risotto"

30g rolled oats
Water (depends on the consistency that you like in the usual porridge)
1/2 tsp of Kraft 100% grated parmesan
A bit of dried thyme
1 strip cooked Butterball thin n crispy turkey bacon
Medium size soft boiled egg/poached egg

Cook oats in water, stir in cheese and thyme. Top with bacon and eggs.
I usually add ketchup in mine lol. Idk about you guys but for me, it's the perfect breakfast

225 calories, very filling :) I didnt need to have snacks in between lunch and breakfast.

Replies

• cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    nice bump fore latter, thank you:flowerforyou:
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    :smile: :heart:
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    sounds tasty
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm having oatmeal this morning with diced apples, a mandarin orange, and half a serving of Craisins, with 1tsp of cinnamon cooked into it. Delicious with a big mug of coffee and just a smidgen over 300 calories for everything, with a healthy amount of tummy-satisfying fiber.

Yours sounds interesting, OP. Thanks for sharing!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipe!
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    YUM! Sounds great. Thanks for sharing!
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I looove oatmeal with eggs.... I don't like the runny yolk though, so I usually scramble them and stir it in. Yum! I'll add bacon next time!
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    I'm having oatmeal this morning with diced apples, a mandarin orange, and half a serving of Craisins, with 1tsp of cinnamon cooked into it. Delicious with a big mug of coffee and just a smidgen over 300 calories for everything, with a healthy amount of tummy-satisfying fiber.

Yours sounds interesting, OP. Thanks for sharing!

That is a great idea! Sometimes I eat only cinnamon/brownsugar oatmeal but with diced apple, mandarin orange and craisins... YUM!!! Thank you for the idea :) I love my oats <3
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    I looove oatmeal with eggs.... I don't like the runny yolk though, so I usually scramble them and stir it in. Yum! I'll add bacon next time!

Maybe I should try that too! But I love runny yolk haha but i think it would be creamier if I stir it in :)<3
  • focknfree
    focknfree Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty!
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    I haven't tried savoury oatmeal but I will share my breakfast....

66g Rogers Porridge Oats - steel cut oats blend (weighed on scale)
    1.5oz blueberries (weighed on scale)
    half a banana (anywhere between 50-60g weight)
    cinnamon
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 1/4 cup water

bring water to boil, cook oats....pour into bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon, top with blueberries, sliced banana and almond milk

I have this every morning for breakfast......so yummy!!!!
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    I haven't tried savoury oatmeal but I will share my breakfast....

66g Rogers Porridge Oats - steel cut oats blend (weighed on scale)
    1.5oz blueberries (weighed on scale)
    half a banana (anywhere between 50-60g weight)
    cinnamon
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 1/4 cup water

bring water to boil, cook oats....pour into bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon, top with blueberries, sliced banana and almond milk

I have this every morning for breakfast......so yummy!!!!

If only berries are common here :( anyway I love your recipe :heart: i might try it with strawberry though since blueberry is rare here :flowerforyou: I was so doubtful about a savory oatmeal but I just went to the kitchen and did it and found that it can be done hehe :heart:
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    I will have to give your oatmeal a whirl. Never thought about mixing eggs and oatmeal together. Sounds tasty though. :)

I had oatmeal today and mixed in flax seed, 1/2 c. milk, 1/2 tsp. honey, 1/2 vanilla. Not bad, but I was missing my craisins.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    I will have to give your oatmeal a whirl. Never thought about mixing eggs and oatmeal together. Sounds tasty though. :)

I had oatmeal today and mixed in flax seed, 1/2 c. milk, 1/2 tsp. honey, 1/2 vanilla. Not bad, but I was missing my craisins.

Craisins :heart: I hope you'll like it! I havent had flax seeds yet, how do they taste? :flowerforyou:
  • lgladybug
    lgladybug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    This sounds good, thank you for sharing!
  • minimalistmom
    Options

Craisins :heart: I hope you'll like it! I havent had flax seeds yet, how do they taste? :flowerforyou:

Flax seed on oatmeal is good. It gives the oatmeal a little texture. I don't go heavy on it, about 1/2 tsp.. My favorite thing I like to use it in is when I make homemade granola.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    that actually sounds pretty good OP, thanks for sharing :smile: