so guys what's your reasons for losing weight

Options

Replies

• adnamalegna
    adnamalegna Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    1) I want to be healthy
    2) I want to be FIT
    3) I want people to see my *kitten* and be like DAMMMMMMMMMIT guuuurrrrlllll.
    4) I want to be able to kick some butt running
    5) I want to be able to wear a bodycon dress and turn heads
    6) I want to show my ex husband and my ex fiancé and anyone who hasn't gotten with me when I was a little chunky what the F.U.C they missed out on.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    #3 FTW!!! :drinker:
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    No one said poontang or the D yet?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    No one said poontang or the D yet?

I sort of did! I didn't want a strike from the uptight douches on this site so I put my actual response in my status!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I didn't start off trying to lose weight...I started off just making a lot of dietary changes to fix some bad blood work...basically losing weight ended up being a nice side effect of making better nutritional decisions. I lost my first 20 Lbs or so before MFP with just making dietary changes. I joined MFP because I really wanted to start honing in on optimal macro ratios and calories to fuel my fitness while still being able to lose a few Lbs...all in all, about 40 Lbs down.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Im too cheap to buy new pants. My 5s are tight.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Initially, it was a breakup!

Then I was training for a Tough Mudder.

Now I just want to deadlift 200#.

:drinker:
  • spartyhawk
    Options
    loosing for myself and health just to be happy with myself. I am planning to run a 10K, 2 half marathons, and if those go well then a full marathon and just want to have fun and look good for the mrs.
  • I'm young now,so I might as well try to get the best body I can.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    LGN over here
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Lugging around extra weight sucks and slows me down. And LGN. I look bigger with less weight

ETA: Cardiovascular problems run in family. Would like to have a fighting chance.
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    In no particular order:

#1 - I'm fed up, angry and disappointed with what I have become from when I was the fittest I have ever been 18 months ago
    #2 - Wanting to get my life back on track after over a year of knee injuries and rehabilitation
    #3 - My girlfriend found pictures of me at my fittest on Facebook (we met when I was at my heaviest), and whilst I know she loves me as I am now it would be nice for her to meet the guy in the pictures
    #4 - My dad is a type II diabetic, this is something I hope he doesn't pass on to me. I do not want it so a change of lifestyle was needed
    #5 - I want to be happy and confident rather than thinking "I can't do that" every time someone asks me to do something
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Losing my dad at 59 to a massive heart attack, and his not being there for my kids. Wanting a long healthy life with my soon to be bride and my 2 wonderful children. Wanting to be the "fun dad" again who can go outside and play with them instead of watching them run and have fun.
  • sodeelish
    sodeelish Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Simply because when you look good, you feel good
  • sarah_38
    Options
    Hi all

I want to lose weight because:

1, I don't want to be fat no more
    2, Can get rid of most of my health problems
    3, Want to feel healthier.
    4, Want to live a longer life
    5, Can feel secure when I go to church that I aint gonna break the seating
    6, Can start to love myself as others love me
    7, Can stop being the fat friend
    8, can borrow my teenage daughters clothes hehe
    9, Can go out with all my children without feeling an embaressment to them ( I have 6 and they assure me they are not embarrased at all)
    10, Can dance around to music with my children and not hear any embarrasing slapping sounds
    11, Can go to theme parks with them and jump on every terrifying ride
    12, Can actually say YES to my partner who proposes to me every year but I decline as I don't want to be a fat bride when I wed
    13, Can visit my future inlaws who live in kenya and enjoy my vacation
    14,Can just live life to the fullest

These are not in any particular order :)
  • sabregrrrl
    Options
    1. I want to be a better, faster fencer.
    2. I want to inspire those around me to be healthier.
    3. I want to lose the belly flab and get some visible abs.
    4. I want to feel sexy.
    5. I want to avoid weight-related health issues.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Im too cheap to buy new pants. My 5s are tight.

:laugh: It's kind of the same with me...not too cheap but just not willing to go up a pants size (8, not 5). I just know if I allow that it might snowball. Not if I can help it! :drinker:
  • bbg_daryl
    bbg_daryl Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    As a person who's been told every single day of her life for almost 20 years that she's fat and ugly..... I'm sick of it. As much as I've always tried to pretend that the opinions of sh*theads don't matter to me, the words still hurt, and have left lasting psychological scars. I can't look in the mirror, be it naked or clothed, looking at my body or just my face, without thinking "you're so ugly and fat." So.... Yeah. I'm doing it to be pretty and hoping that it'll improve my opinion of myself along the way. Which so far, it seems to have been doing just that. I've lost 20 pounds since August and I'm proud of my progress. I'm not hiding in baggy men's shirts and sweatpants anymore.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    As I say in my profile, "To better run the ultramarathon known as caregiving."

And, "For my health, pure and simple. My goal is to return to a weight and fitness level that is comfortable for me and that I can maintain."

Diabetes and heart disease run in my family; my mother died three weeks after she turned 57. I'm 55 and have so far managed to avoid the tragedies she had to face, including her first major heart attack at age 44.

I've also been a caregiver for a dozen years now, so stress management and habits that are both healthy and sustainable are high on my priority list.

Secondary are the various fringe benefits -- like being tied for the sixth oldest participant in my local hospital's 9/11 Memorial Fitness Challenge back in September, in which I climbed 110 flights of stairs. I want to do it again next year -- with better shoes!
  • jbwilliams888
    Options
    My family has a poor history of health. I do t want to be a statistic.