People who have lost 100 or more Pounds?

Options
Would like to hear some of your amazing stories. How long did it take to lose 100 or more pounds?

thanks and God Bless

Replies

• kmwrestle
    kmwrestle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ive lost 140+lbs in a year
  • Shekinah2013
    Shekinah2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • SamanthaH10
    SamanthaH10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Took me roughly 9 months.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm at 95 lost, has taken me 15 mos so far. 42 lbs to go, stepping it up & hope to be at goal by this coming summer :)
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 100 pounds from March to December, last year. I've lost 67 more pounds, since then.
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    One year
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I started 6/16/11. On 3/24/2012, I was down 100 pounds...so, a little more than 9 months (wow! I didn't realize how fast that went). On my one-year MFP anniversary, I was down 120 pounds. I hit my goal weight on 9/23/12, 15 months after starting. I've been maintaining ever since.

My blog has oodles of tips: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls
    Specifically, look at these entries:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls/view/follow-up-15-months-134-pounds-lost-at-goal-427140
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls/view/-how-did-you-do-it-262680

My "goal weight" success story thread might also be useful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/750327-15-months-134-pounds-lost-at-goal-pics-included
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks and congrats to you all.

ShannonMpls..I read some of your blogs and wow. very honest and helpful. You look amazing. Thank you for posting your pictures. Whether one has 30, 60, 100lbs or more.. it is stories like yours that should us... if we want change...it truly has to come from within and become a way of life..not just a phase of our life that we pass through.

I really needed to read your blog today...so thanks!

All the best
    Goaliema!
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2 years with a 9 month period of gaining (pregnancy).
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Yep, I did it and still losing! I am the slowest at losing but I have learned to maintain during my times of plateau. It has been a 3 year process and I am never going back.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Thanks for posting!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I lost 92lbs in 12 months and then it took me about 3 more months to lose the last 9-10lbs.(I keep within a 4lb range these days give or take) The last 10lbs were the most difficult though.
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Started at 290 and hit my goal weight of 170 at around a year, lost 120 pounds at 5'5 :)

You can check out my success story if you would like, more details:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081369-i-lost-a-whole-person-120-pounds-lost-pics-included
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 4 years total to lose my weight, but I would lose then maintain then lose and maintain because the last thing I want is it coming back. I don't know how much more I want to lose but even when the scale doesn't move now, I'm ok with it.
  • michelleintx
    michelleintx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bumping to follow :-)
  • rwglick
    Options
    I lost the first 100 lbs in 4 1/2 months the second 100 has taken me a litle over 8 months. Stay the course you can do this!
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It took me just under a year to lose 100 and just have 20 to go! I ate most of my normal foods and didn't deprive myself. I just ate in moderation and I do lots of recipe makeovers! I'm having cake and icing tonight!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit 100 yet but from my all-time highest weight of 307 to this morning's 211 weigh-in it's 96 lb

It took me over three years to lose the first 35 lb (mostly through walking and drinking more water, almost no dietary changes)

The next 10 lb was lost in about one year, of dietary changes only (less meat, less processed food, but little to no exercise at all)

Then I joined MFP on March 25, 2013 and as you can see I have lost 49 so far...actually 51 lb, but I haven't updated my current weight. That's been through daily honest logging and a reasonable amount of exercise but nothing too strenuous or organized (ie, I don't go to a gym, just walk several days a week and then hike or bike and/or play tennis casually on weekends)

I'd like to get down in the 170-180 range in the next year. Not sure if I want to go any lower, though.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Its taken me 8 months
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!