Women- Have any ladies out there lost 60 lbs in 6 months?

Options
jenbk2
jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
Hi ladies I need to lose 60 lbs in 6 months. Has anyone been able to accomplish this? if so how?

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I started January 1st at 240lbs, I reached 185 (55 lbs) by July 15th so about 7 months. I had a few too many cheats during those 7 months though so i think if you stick to your diet/exercise it is possible. Either way, if you start today you'll be closer to your goal than you were yesterday. I started off with a 1200 calorie diet and exercising using my Wii Just Dance game, 30-40 minutes a day. Then I did a month of the 30 Day Shred (1500 cals/day) then I progressed to Insanity (1700-1800 cals/day). I'm now back down to 1500 cals per day since I've been doing 3 days of cardio and 3 days of lifting per week and I stalled, my weight has been going down again since I dropped to the lower calorie range.
  • Richardson62617
    Richardson62617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Really kinda depends on how big you are to how fast you lose it..The smaller you are the harder it gets to get the last of what you want off, but of course the bigger you are and the harder you work at the results you want it is possible to lose 60 pounds in 6 months..I have lost 45 pounds in 6 months and I have had a few cheat days but I did that without really any exercise just staying at 1200 calories a day but with exercise it would have come off faster and I have just started on the exercising :) ..Don't give up you can do it!!..I know you have probably heard this so many times before but if I can do it ANYONE can do it!!..I seriously have always had a problem with will power and I have always givin up to easy because the weight didn't fall off fast but I have got a tight hold on it now and have learned to be patient and keep going and if you have a bad day oh well do better the next day..Dont let one bad day ruin your whole goal. You got this!!:)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    That will be 2.5lbs a week...tall order.

Try not to set yourself up for failure. It's fine to aim for 2lbs a week for a bit but you will eventually find that is hard to maintain...

why the tight timeline?????
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have seen people do it before. I myself did lose 30 lbs in 3 months. I ate 1200 of healthier choices of foods and worked out about 4 days a week at least 45 mins each day sometimes more. I sometimes ate back burned calories from working out. The reason I cannot answer past 3 months is because I fell off track! I am betting I could have done maybe one more month of 8-10 but I am thinking it would get tougher as I got smaller??? I am trying to find out by trying again!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I did. I lost 60 exactly in 6 months. But i also started at 277 lbs. The next 60 took almost a year. Depends where you're starting at. If you only have 60 to lose you probably wont be able to do it (healthy anyways).
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I did using and unhealthy diet. Gained back 30 lbs. Now in the process of losing that 30 lbs the proper way.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Why the 6 month deadline...is something going to turn into a pumpkin?
  • TheresaN1971
    TheresaN1971 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have lost 57 lbs since June. I am eating healthier, drinking lots of water, cardio for an hour 6 days a week, 1 hour of weights 3-4 times a week, no fast food, I track everything I eat and I cheat sometimes within moderation.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Why the 6 month deadline...is something going to turn into a pumpkin?
    lol
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I started out at 315 pounds and have lost 44 pounds in 4 months.

I eat in the Paleo/Primal style:
    no wheat, corn, rice, legumes, and, for me, only occasional dairy products.
    I eat 1800 calories per day with the macro-nutrient ratios of
    65% fat
    15% protein
    20% carbs from vegetables and fruits, ONLY.

I'm never hungry, nor do I ever feel weak.
    I'm averaging a loss of 2 pounds per week or 10 pounds per month.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have lost 65 pounds in 5 months . exercising twice a day and eating 12,000 to 15,000 calories a day .
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I did lose 60 pounds in six months. I have lost 98 in the last ten. Everyone else is right, when you have a lot to lose, it comes off quick the the first several months. Last month, I only lost three pounds. I started out eating 1200 calories a day. I knew nothing about tdee or bmi, I just had heard that was the lowest a women should go. A few months back, i bought an activity tracker, and upped ny calories to 1300 and I still lose. I am only lightly active, with some walks here and there, but I stay fairly active at work.
  • hddeuce1966
    Options
    Last year I lost 50 pounds in 4 months. Strict 1200 cal. Diet including protein shakes and lots of fruit and veggies. I did not exercise at all, but did sit in an infrared sauna at least 30 minutes a day.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Don't ask .. just go for it ... get as far as you can without second guessing your ability to do it ... SOMETHING IS POSSIBLE .... you will get somewhere and that is better than where you are now right?

Looks like you got some great role models and potential support here just by starting the thread! Good luck!! :)
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have lost 53 pounds since starting on 8/17/2013. That's just under 3 months. I have been eating a modified 4+2 and exercising minimally (<60 minutes/day-usually in the 30-45 minute range) tho' I DO have a very active job. :) I also drink at least a gallon of water a day. I know that it came off quickly because I started out with a large number on the scale, and I know that I can't expect to keep up this loss-pace, however it is keeping me very motivated right now. :happy:
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I have lost ten pounds a month for the past 3 months so I think it can be done if you work hard and are commited
  • katecisme
    katecisme Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i started end of april and lost 40kg(88lbs) so far
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have lost 65 pounds in 5 months . exercising twice a day and eating 12,000 to 15,000 calories a day .

Did you throw an extra 0 in there? 12000-15000 is A LOT of calories lol
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I still have 9.6 pounds til goal weight but I have lost 73.4 pounds in 7.5 months. I did it a healthy way. I did cut out all white flour stuff like cake/ cookies/ white bread/pasta/ rice/ pizza/ white potatoes. I have focused on eating fruits, vegetables, proteins, and multi grain breads In moderation. I work out 3-5 times a week and for at least a hour each time. I still eat good fats though. I eat avocado, salmon, peanut butter, etc. i also still eat greek yogurt, cheese. i do drink one to two protein shakes a day and sometimes a protein bar as well. so yes you can do it but I don't have cheat meals. I stick to my plan 100%. This is just a new way of life for me now. I feel so much better this way. I am 5' 8" tall and started out at 223# and am 149.6# now. I went from a size 18 pant / XL shirt to a size 8 pant/medium shirt.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I still have 9.6 pounds til goal weight but I have lost 73.4 pounds in 7.5 months. I did it a healthy way. I did cut out all white flour stuff like cake/ cookies/ white bread/pasta/ rice/ pizza/ white potatoes. I have focused on eating fruits, vegetables, proteins, and multi grain breads In moderation. I work out 3-5 times a week and for at least a hour each time. I still eat good fats though. I eat avocado, salmon, peanut butter, etc. i also still eat greek yogurt, cheese. i do drink one to two protein shakes a day and sometimes a protein bar as well. so yes you can do it but I don't have cheat meals. I stick to my plan 100%. This is just a new way of life for me now. I feel so much better this way. I am 5' 8" tall and started out at 223# and am 149.6# now. I went from a size 18 pant / XL shirt to a size 8 pant/medium shirt.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!