• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Cherries, cherries everywhere!

bazinga.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I did a quick google and saw that the diet is designed to elimate these 7 foods?
    1.Gluten
    2.Soy
    3.Dairy
    4.Eggs
    5.Corn
    6.Peanuts
    7.Sugar

It seems awfully restrictive. Do you have intolerances to these foods? Is this a program you would find sustainable? If not, why not try it the MFP way? Just eat at a calorie deficit, meet your macro/micro and fiber goals and eat all the foods you enjoy everyday? I've lost 123lbs in 15 months, eating all seven of those foods, plus ice cream pizza, etc, in moderation.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Other than soy, that's a list of my favorites! I won't be on that diet for sure!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... Where does the virgin come in? Sacrificed to the gods before beginning the diet to ensure their blessing on your diet so you lose more weight?

I only eat virgins.

Must be easy to lose weight, considering how hard it is to find virgins. Now THAT is a restrictive diet.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I tried to eat a virgin once but all I gained was wait.

<pause...>
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Clever chap Einstein - wonder what he would think of restrictive crash dieting, falling off the wagon and then going back to restrictive crash dieting again?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Must be easy to lose weight, considering how hard it is to find virgins. Now THAT is a restrictive diet.
    [/quote]

I dunno, depends where you look; nunnery or Catholic boys choir?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Youse guys!! Haha! Anyway it's called Virgin because the book was written by JJ Virgin. It's an elimination diet. It's only restrictive if you are intolerant or sensitive to something. I really didn't know how sensitive I was until I tried it. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. It's unbelievable how fast I lost weight. I was feeling amazing. Day one has gone pretty awesome. Hope your day's goin awesome too.

I'm not sure you understand what a food "intolerance" or "sensitivity" is.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    [Insert word here] Diets never work. They are usually just random mishmash made up crap that someone markets to make a buck. The way to lose weight is through a calorie deficit. That's all. Eat what you want, eat less than you burn, enjoy life.

Amen.

Think of a pendulum - when you pull it one way (restrictive dieting) it is eventually going to swing to the other extreme (binging, self-sabotaging, whatever you care to call it) Better to take the "middle path" - when nothing is restricted (unless this is because of allergies) then you don't set yourself up for craving that forbidden item.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Youse guys!! Haha! Anyway it's called Virgin because the book was written by JJ Virgin. It's an elimination diet. It's only restrictive if you are intolerant or sensitive to something. I really didn't know how sensitive I was until I tried it. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. It's unbelievable how fast I lost weight. I was feeling amazing. Day one has gone pretty awesome. Hope your day's goin awesome too.

If you were "feeling so amazing", why did you stop? What difference does it make how fast you lost the weight - if you just gained it back again?

I think I'll just keep my "healthy deficit from TDEE, eat the foods I love in moderation, lift weights and run a little" plan. It's taken me 19 months to lose 105 pounds, but I'm pretty sure that at this point, I've built some pretty strong healthy habits.

Good luck with your diet.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Be careful. Virgins are high in saturated fat, starting at about 27 years old.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    will I get back my virginity??
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why getting to a low weight would cause you to sabotage unless you are doing this to lose weight. I can't tolerate casein (dairy protein) and I truthfully don't crave it anymore because of what it does to me. By eliminating these foods, do you really feel better or are you just losing weight because of a lower calorie intake?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What made you 'fall off' in June? Have you put any changes in place to ensure that doesn't happen again? Unless you intend to follow the diet for the rest of your life, you're probably setting yourself up for another fall.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I guess the only issue I see with this is that if you had TRUE allergies or sensitivities, staying on 'plan' wouldn't be an issue. I'm lactose intolerant. I have NO PROBLEM turning down milk or ice cream. None. Simply because I HATE the way I feel when I have them. Bloating, gas, diarrhea... I feel AWFUL. I feel like if you had true sensitives, intolerances, or allergies, you would want to avoid that stuff even when you weren't 'dieting'. For example, I never was a huge milk drinker but I switched to vanilla almond milk and I love it! I still eat frozen desserts, but I get froyo instead. I don't eat soft cheese often and stick with the harder cheeses in small amounts. I deal in other words. So, if you really had food intolerances, I don't know why you would want to eat it. I'm betting you aren't losing from dietary restrictions but because the food you are left with is naturally low in cals. Just MHO.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I tried that one before it doesn't work because it is too restrictive eat a balanced diet and workout you will lose. Stop chasing pipe dreams I didn't get anywere until I was real with myself and stopped demonizing food.