Anyone else need to lose 150lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I started with over 200 pounds to lose - use the site the way it was intended -- log your food HONESTLY, try to get some form of activity every day (and don't feel like you have to kill yourself to start -- I started by swimming just 10 minutes a day 3 times a week...and have built up over the last 10 months to swimming about 50 minutes three times a week and doing other cardio/strength exercises the other days of the week) -- and know that you have a very large community of support here.

Good luck!
  • hol_lou85
    hol_lou85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i set myself for 150lbs to lose which was pretty much half of my body weight, i am closer than i have ever been to that target. 126lbs gone in a year. it can be done with concentration and determination. Add me as a friend :-)
  • gypsyheart72
    gypsyheart72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been here on MFP for quite a while, but I keep 'forgetting' to track...everything. I could definitely stand to lose 150 pounds, which would be half my body weight. I'm focusing now on replacing my meals/snacks with healthier options and attempting to get myself moving more and more. Yesterday was my birthday so things went off course with the tracking but i'm not going to beat myself up. I'm just going to keep on with what I started and forgive myself for one off day. If anyone wants to add me, i'll be happy to have some support and to give some as well!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I had 150 pounds to lose 5 months ago when I started this journey. Now I have 88. I'm thrilled with what I've accomplished so far and committed to losing the rest..... hopefully by the end of 2014.

I know how huge that number looks and feels. Insurmountable is how it felt to me. Don't focus on the total. Focus on a shorter term goal. My current goal is 13 more pounds by the end of the year. That will take me to 75 pounds lost and the halfway point. My goal after that is 25 more pounds and the 2/3rds point. Just break it down to manageable goals and don't forget to reward yourself in some way when you get there even if it's just posting your success on MFP. Lots of supportive people here to cheer you on.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hi … It's good to read that you are re-committing yourself to your health. Such a long road sometimes seems too daunting and putting it on the back burner of our mind is, I think, a result of burn-out.

At my highest weight I carried 282 pounds on my 5'4" large-boned frame. At my lowest adult weight I was 124 pounds. Currently I come in at 249 and I'm not trying to get back to that lowest weight. At age 68 I'm setting my goals based on what weight will get my BMI under the severely obese category so I've set my goal at 170 pounds. Once I achieve that goal I can decide to continue to go lower. At my age and the rate weight comes off I might run out of time to ever get lower than the 170 I'm currently striving for.

Like you, I've been a member of MFP for some time with a long lapse in even going to the web site. I joined in when my weight was at 272 but didn't have the time to spend in front of the computer logging everything and using the system to it's fullest. So I tried other ways to keep my weight in check … mainly Weight Watchers. And I did lose some 26 pounds that way several times. The same 26 pounds over and over again because the weight would come back on. This past June my weight came in at 272 again on the doctors scale. So, I was back to where I'd started.

In the past 5 months I've lost 23 pounds, which averages out to 4.6 pounds a month. I've done it using MFP to log truthfully and by paying attention to what I'm eating. I've also been using My Blogs to write a journal entry every day. I keep that private because some times the things I write are too personal to share.

If you would like us to be friends, have a look at my profile and send a friend request from there. You would be able to see my diary afterwards.