Jillian Michaels is in hot water...

Options

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has no credentials other than that she used to be fat and her mother is a psychotherapist. The end.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    after last night show she down to her final 3 contestants she screwed her teams chances but she stated she stands by her reson for doing it

She really didn't screw their chances. Even without the 4 lb penalty, someone on her team was going home anyway, because they lost by more than the 4 lbs they were penalized.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The real question here is... Do the caffeine pills count as your daily water intake?
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I went to the open casting calls in Los Angeles back in May to audition and it seemed like the agents/producers really didn't know what they were looking for this season. That was the impression I got from them anyway. They seemed disorganized or unfocused. It is their 15th season, they should have their act together.

The highlight of that experience though was meeting the wonderful people I did while waiting in line.

Since that day in May in lost 60 lbs on my own without the show. So in their faces.

Caffeine is ok in moderation. It's no worse off than a cup of coffee. The only reason I watch my caffeine intake is for anxiety related reasons, my nervous system doesn't like it too much. Don't need the extra jitters.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has no credentials other than that she used to be fat and her mother is a psychotherapist. The end.

So really she is the same as all the rest of us on here who have lost weight and inspire others to do the same?
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I thought there was going to be a hot tub gif. =(

MEEE TOOOOO!
  • Firefighter4ever
    Options
    Google, "Biggest Losers" , "Where are they now"

Pretty sad.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I went to the open casting calls in Los Angeles back in May to audition and it seemed like the agents/producers really didn't know what they were looking for this season. That was the impression I got from them anyway. They seemed disorganized or unfocused. It is there 15th season, they should have their act together.

The highlight of that experience though was meeting the wonderful people I did while waiting in line.

Since that day in May in lost 60 lbs on my own without the show. So in their faces.

That's fukcing awesome! Congrats and great job man :)
  • onmyown326
    Options
    ...for supplying caffeine pills to her team on Biggest Loser
    http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/burning-did-biggest-loser-jillian-michael-too-far-224414265.html
    What are your thoughts on this??
    I don't see anything wrong with what she did-having a cup of coffee vs. coffee in a pill-really? So stupid-I LOVE Jillian......:drinker:
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    It's caffeine. It's like the baby aspirin of cutting agents and not a huge secret by any means. Really nothing to see here.
  • onmyown326
    Options

So really she is the same as all the rest of us on here who have lost weight and inspire others to do the same?

Um no-she has credentials up the *kitten*, she's an author, tv show superstar, certifications on fitness galore and will kick your *kitten* in any video. She rocks. Boom.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Um no-she has credentials up the *kitten*, she's an author, tv show superstar, certifications on fitness galore and will kick your *kitten* in any video. She rocks. Boom.
    Don't kid yourself - she got lucky.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I watch it, but mostly just to be motivated by how hard the contestants are working and getting to know their stories. I have very little respect for the show itself. They have a wonderful opportunity to be educating the public about weight loss, but they just show unrealistic weight loss goals, promote a dangerous level of exercise and give the contestants eating ridiculously restrictive diets, (based on their sponsors' products of course). Go ahead and eat Jenny O/Campbells/Jello/Biggest Loser branded shakes/bars/meals/Subway all day long, but you'll explode if you have a lousy "processed" hamburger ever again in your life.... :grumble: . And as for the caffeine pills, yep, I agree that it was to bring back Rueben.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Oh no, a caffeine pill? Big deal.

Agreed!
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    It is interesting how many people hate on the show. If they just had them on treadmills like gerbils the whole time, then I would be worried. They seem to do a decent job helping them learn how to eat healthy, making them prepare their healthy meal, along with the exercise and medical supervision.

I understand that we all follow our TDEE, calorie count, 5x5, c25k programs, and incorporate it into our lives because we still have to go to work, feed the kids, etc. The individuals on this show got a chance to take a couple of months off and fully engage in changing their lives. Good for them, and I am glad the show seems to better the participants as a whole. I am also fairly sure a lot more education happens off of the air, considering we see a brief glimpse of a couple of days of these contestants' week. Just remember, while the way most of us do it may be the best for us, does not mean it is the only way. Also, just because MFP only allows you to lose up to 2 lbs/week, doesn't mean if you lose more you are unhealthy or somehow lost the mental ability to learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

That all being said, the caffeine pills are not a big deal at all. Gives a boost of energy, like a concentrated cup of coffee. It is like she made them sniff a line of blow off the ground and go run a mile. :laugh:

there is nothing healthy about what they do on the biggest loser...

http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/09/kai-hibbard-biggest-loser-finalist-part-1-of-3/

OMG, why is the show still on if it's that horrible?
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yikes, didn't realize it was so dehumanizing. I think mental health is equally as important as physical health on a weight loss journey.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    She's not in hot water.

It's a ploy to sell more of the caffeine pills.Do people really not get that?
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    It was on the last show .. and Jillian of course defended her actions. Like whatever .. it is all for drama and ratings.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that they wanted a reason to get Reuben back because he is a celebrity so they made a big deal out of nothing. Would they do the same if the contestants had a 5 hour energy?

All for the ratings IMO

AGREED
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that they wanted a reason to get Reuben back because he is a celebrity so they made a big deal out of nothing. Would they do the same if the contestants had a 5 hour energy?

All for the ratings IMO
    I was thinking the same thing.

Its just a contest, like survivor, etc.

If I had the energy to do it. Lose weight and win a butt load of money....oh yea.