your ODD food behaviors...

Options

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Skittles and Smarties - I dump the package/box and sort according to colour. Then, I start with the colour that has the fewest candies and work my way up to the one with the most.

I save the yummiest part of a meal until the end, so that it is the last thing I eat.
  • cyndiwilliams1198
    cyndiwilliams1198 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat my popcorn with chopsticks to make it last longer.:happy:
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    1. I only use small utensils. I despise going to restaurants where they have gigantic utensils (read: normal size). I ONLY USE SMALL UTENSILS. I can't stress this enough.
    2. I don't eat soup. Soup is not a food. Soup is a liquid. The only soups that count as a SEMI-food are ones like New England Clam Chowder (only New England) and Broccoli Cheese. Still not actually a food.
    3. I pretty much weigh everything. I log things in grams even though my amazingly smart country doesn't use the metric system.
    4. My meals are always based first on protein and then everything else. Even at Burger King. No protein, no go.
    5. Snacks are eaten piece by piece. Always have been. 1 piece popcorn, 1 potato chip, 1 m&m, etc.
    6. I don't eat things from bags or packages. I always portion out what i'm going to eat.
    There's more, i'm quite sure but those are what i can think of now!
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love twix but I peel the caramel off the top. Basically I like chocolate cookie bars. I also pick the banans out of banana pudding. As my uncle says, "that's just puddin" lol
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I eat my popcorn with chopsticks to make it last longer.:happy:
    I MUST try this during my next trip to the movies. :drinker: Better yet, use my non-favored (left) hand with the chopsticks to help it last past the previews.
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    1. I only use small utensils. I despise going to restaurants where they have gigantic utensils (read: normal size). I ONLY USE SMALL UTENSILS. I can't stress this enough.

THIS. hubby lost or threw away half of our flatware (how does that even happen?) so we fight over the last small fork that remains. All the while there's a drawer full of clean big forks we don't even use lol
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have to have Grape nuts in my yogurt or I won't eat it.

I have to have milk and sunflower seeds in my Chocolate chip ice cream (none others)

I don't like certain foods to touch; others I could care less

I eat all the brown M&M's first and save the green for last.

I save the crunchy fries for last

I have to put sugar in my spaghetti & on my cottage cheese

I would rather drink out of a straw

and I only use certain forks or spoons. (all small in size)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I eat all of one type of food before moving onto the next, rather than alternating bites of flavors.

I seperate M&M's by color and eat them in order: black, brown, orange, yellow, red, green, blue.
    Peanut butter M&Ms are eaten a half at a time, so one half has the peanut butter and the other has just a chocolate shell.

My fork and knife are set down between bites.

My sis will not eat chicken off the bone, my mom used to have to pick it off before she'd eat it.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I also like certain foods burnt like, toast, pancakes (crispy edges, yum) and I can only eat hot dogs if they are burnt to a crisp!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I have to rub chocolate on my nipples before I eat it.

How do you get your chocolate covered nipples to your mouth??

When alone fingers, when with company their lips.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I love twix but I peel the caramel off the top. Basically I like chocolate cookie bars. I also pick the banans out of banana pudding. As my uncle says, "that's just puddin" lol

The twix thing...totally me.

Paydays--nuts picked off first and then the nougat.

I cannot eat bagels as a "sandwich" ...my husband spreads the cream cheese and eats it sandwich style..I don't get it
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Soft pretzels dipped in Chocolate Ice Cream.
    I am intrigued by what you stand for, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. :bigsmile:
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    any chocolate bar i have, i eat all around the sides first, then the top then underneath, twix , kitkats double deckers and moros are my favourite, i dont think ive ever eaten a bar any other way.........lol
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Kit Kats: I eat the chocolate off very carefully. I like to eat the wafers inside indiviudally. Start by eating the chocolate at the ends, then the middle, then the tops. You are left with yummy little wafers. I do the same thing with Nutty Bars.

Fries: Eat all the crispy ones first and save the yummy squishy ones for last.

PB&J Sandwiches: Eat the crust first and work my way to the middle.

Popcorn: Eat all the burnt ones first. That way the yummy pieces are left over.

Skittles, M&Ms or anything like it: Divide by color and eat the color with the least amount of pieces first.

Grapes: I peel the skin off and eat that before I eat the rest of the grape. :indifferent:

Oranges or clementines: I have to peel off EVERY single white thing (I don't even know what they are called) before I can eat it. I make a game out of how long of a piece I can peel off before it tares.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    If my food is acting odd, I would probably kill it before eating it.
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    I also like certain foods burnt like, toast, pancakes (crispy edges, yum) and I can only eat hot dogs if they are burnt to a crisp!

THIS waffles and pop tarts, slightly burnt. But I only eat the maple and brown sugar pop tarts
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    Grapes: I peel the skin off and eat that before I eat the rest of the grape. :indifferent:

I used to peel the grape or just spit the skin out b/c it was oddly inedible. and then my son was born, now I just eat the whole thing skin and all. Ain't nobody got time for that *sweet brown voice*
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I can't mix foods. At all. Each specific food is eaten on it's own. ALWAYS meat last. If I have a plate of meat and veggies (chicken, potatos and peas) they will be eaten in this order: Peas. Potatos. Chicken.

I think I might have OCD. If the foods mesh together... EVERYONE WILL DIE.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's so great to read that there are so many other people with weird food "things" too!!!! Here are mine:
    My food can absolutely NOT touch...ever.
    As someone else said, I don't eat soup - it's not a food, it's a liquid.
    Probably my biggest: I have some sort of condiment phobia. I don't/won't eat ANY of them (ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, mayo, etc.) BTW - I told a potential date that one time and he asked what I used for birth control in place of that. (dork)
    When I go out for lunch or dinner, I have a certain placement for the food and drink cups - my daughter likes to move things and it just messes up the whole meal.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    If I see ice cream, I eat it