Vegetarian Meals Part 2 (Photo Heavy)

Options

Replies

• elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. The blog is ace and I can't wait to try the recipes. I'm in the UK and I don't know what lavash is (for the pizza recipe which is the answer to my prayers)? Is it easy to make, cos I don;t think I could buy it here?
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Your LIGHTING in your pics is really good! I've sometimes seen other food shots, and although they most likely are delicious, the lighting used in them destroys the appeal of the food.

LOVE your pics...I wish I ate as well as you:))
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Last night's dinner ~ Wild Rice with Pumpkin. I posted the recipe on my blog if anyone is interested. :smile:

f6c1dcce-0798-4d11-be99-563b120794dd_zps05c53a1c.jpg

Edit to add: I hope it is ok that I shared one of my photos in your thread.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. The blog is ace and I can't wait to try the recipes. I'm in the UK and I don't know what lavash is (for the pizza recipe which is the answer to my prayers)? Is it easy to make, cos I don;t think I could buy it here?

Lavash is just a type of Turkish flatbread. I feel like you could use something like pita or naan interchangeably (but it will change the calorie count of course). I've actually swapped over to using a really great low calorie pizza crust by a brand called Pizza Romana (only 300 calories for the whole crust) but I don't think they are very easy to find. You might be able to find premade pizza dough and roll the dough out yourself too - do a thin crust to save cals :)

Shartran - Thank you! I have a couple of tabletop lamps that I use whenever the sunlight through my window is unavailable... which is fairly often since I do most of my cooking at night, hehe :)

Nettie - I don't mind. I love wild rice!

So I decided to give one of my older blog recipes a little makeover for a couple of reasons. One was that I felt that the bars may have been a little too crumbly the first time around - something that doesn't bother me but it may not appeal to as many people. Also I felt like I had gained a better grasp on food photography since then and I wanted to retake the shots. I had a fun time trying to set up the same bars with two very different moods (light vs dark) and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Not low calorie at allllll though, haha... these things are crazy rich. I can barely eat a whole one. :p

timtambars2.jpg

timtambars4.jpg
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Want! ALL OF DEM!
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love this!
  • joannajohnsonrn
    joannajohnsonrn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • HeartandHaven
    HeartandHaven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump! :love:
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    They look so yummy! I'm not even hungry and I want to eat them lol. I'm looking for some more vegetarian meals to add to my list. These have given me some inspiration to do something other than pasta and rice
  • pocketmole
    Options
    thanks, everyone :D

i'm pretty excited about my latest photo set. a week or so ago I made a batch of cornbread dressing so I could get the recipe up on my food blog before thanksgiving. even with some editing I wasn't satisfied at all with the photos. I decided I could do better so today I made another batch, rounded up a few props, and redid the shoot. i'm soooo happy with the improvement. i feel like the second batch is so much better (not that it's hard to improve on the terrible quality of the first set) that it looks like it was taken by another person entirely.

before pics on the left and after pics on the right

cornbreadstuffing4_sm.jpg
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You make the stuff I eat look so boring! D:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    This food looks amazing! I will be trying some of it!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Lovely photos, gonna try some of these dishes. My daughters new favorite is zucchini spaghetti. Those eggplant enchilada boats look really interesting, I have never combined Mexican with eggplant.
  • pocketmole
    Options
    It's been a while since my last update so I figured I'd stop in here and shove a bunch of photos in your faces! Gently.

most of these recipes are over on my blog if anybody is interested in them. a few of them aren't, but if anyone is curious i might have the mfp recipe card saved and i could paste it here :)

vegan gravy (super delicious, made with two whole heads of garlic)

gravy3d_sm.jpg

gravy4_sm.jpg

no churn pumpkin pecan ice cream (nice because it's so easy to make and you don't need an ice cream machine)

pumpkinsemifreddo4c_sm.jpg

pumpkinsemifreddo3_sm.jpg

pumpkinsemifreddo2_sm.jpg

whipped feta cheese with herb oil

fetadip3f_sm.jpg

pumpkin pancakes with brown butter rum glaze

pumpkinpancakes1_sm.jpg

dark chocolate cherry oatmeal cookies

oatmealcherry1_sm.jpg

oatmealcherry2_sm.jpg

parmesan thyme white beans

parmthymebeans1_sm.jpg

roasted root vegetables with rosemary (my favorite way to cook veggies)

rootveggies2b_sm.jpg

rootveggies_sm.jpg

rootveggies3_sm.jpg

brown butter snickerdoodles

snickerdoodle3b_sm.jpg

snickerdoodle2_sm.jpg

snickerdoodle1_sm.jpg

crunchy mediterranean salad with brown rice, quinoa, and broccoli

mediterraneansaladcb_sm.jpg

mediterraneansalad3_sm.jpg

homemade limoncello (probably going to be my next blog post)

limoncello1_sm.jpg

limoncello2_sm.jpg

honeycrisp apple bake

applebake1_sm.jpg

applebake2_sm.jpg

applebake3_sm.jpg

i had an old table top that i made as a food photography prop a long time ago, but i found that i was never using it because it just didn't have the look i was going for. i prefer a more rustic approach to food styling (usually) so i gave it a makeover. it took a good bit of elbow grease to get it all worn out looking like this but i think it was worth. :)

tabletest9_sm.jpg

my first recipe featuring the new tabletop - woot! cheesy roasted cauliflower soup

cauliflowersoup2b_sm.jpg

cauliflowersoup3_sm.jpg

and dinner last night - avocado and habanero jack pizza with sliced jalapenos, tomatoes, and cilantro. it was amazing. had two slices for 300 cals.

avojalapizza_sm.jpg

i think that's all for the time being! sorry there are so many sweets in there, haha. last month was definitely the time for holiday baking so i made tons of cookies and such :]

Oh yeah I forgot to add this little guy, my 2014 doodle monster!

goudamonster2014.jpg
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Very few people can make vegetarian/vegan food look SO good. You're one of the few.

I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but I love including the options in my diet. I feel it really adds to a balanced diet. This thread has me excited about grocery shopping this month. It's given me a lot of ideas. :love:
  • pocketmole
    Options
    themisfit - thank you! :]
  • Jaegee817
    Jaegee817 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow these look amazing!
  • pocketmole
    Options
    Time for another small update - all of these recipes except for the vegan BBQ sandwich are up on my blog. I keep meaning to remake the BBQ sandwich for a blog post but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Avocado Salsa

avocadosalsa1b.jpg

avosalsa3.jpg

Banana Cake w/ Biscoff (Cookie Butter) Frosting

bananacake1b.jpg

bananacake2.jpg

bananacake3.jpg

bananacake4.jpg

Heirloom Tomato & Burrata Baguette

burratabaguette4b.jpg

burratabaguette2.jpg

Hazelnut Truffles

hazelnuttruffles2b.jpg

hazelnuttruffles5jpg

Tim Tam Caramel Crumble Bars

timtambar1.jpg

timtambar3.jpg

Vegan BBQ Sandwich

veganbbq.jpg

Oh yeah, this isn't on the blog yet either - vegetarian pho.

veggiepho.jpg
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I am bumping the eff out of this post for reference! Thank you for sharing, these look magnificent.
  • 2013noreen
    Options
    Bump