Embarrassing fat stories!

Options

Replies

• jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Let's see ...

I got teased quite a bit through school, and a lot of that teasing has left some pretty deep emotional scars.

The earliest incident that I can remember happened in elementary school, and I the kid behind me pushed me down the stairs on my to recess. When he was asked why, his reply was, "I hate her, she's fat. "
    PE was always an ordeal for me. In middle school, I remember being teased constantly because I was so large, and because I had trouble keeping up with everyone else. It got to the point to where I would just hide in the locker room until it was over. :(

The bullying outside of PE was just as horrible. The story that sticks out in my mind is the "kick me, I'm fat" post it that was pasted to my back. I didn't realize why I was getting kicked until it feel on the ground. I ran off and his until the school day was over.

The most recent incident happened to be a comment from a supposed "friend". He started calling me Miss Piggy.
    Needless to say, I have been making it a point to not talk to this person.
  • meg_bal
    Options
    Was mistaken for being pregnant and the person rubbed my belly, afterwards. Fortunately, it was someone I knew and liked. Sad day that was...

Don't feel bad. More than one person asked me if I was pregnant this past summer. No bueno....

Toward the end of my last deployment, we had a Dress Blues inspection to ensure everyone was ready for the Homecoming. I hadn't worn mine in close to a year with a 20lb weight gain. So here I am getting ready, when a button pops off my blazer and shoots across the berthing right before the inspection. I'm running/screaming, "My button!!! Someone help me find my button!!!". One of the girls from my shop was crying because she was laughing so hard.

We found it, sewed it back on, then I had to explain to my Chief why we were late for inspection. She was off the hook, but I had to wear mine again the next day as punishment for being late, smh.

lol I work at a nursing home and I had one lady tell me that I couldnt help her get into bed because I was pregnant and she didn't want to hurt the baby and ANOTHER resident got me and a woman who is ACTUALLY like 8 months pregnant confused with each other and kept talking about the baby. Needless to say almost all of my weight is in my belly lol. But thank god, that no one was around to hear either of those statements.
  • mollyya90
    mollyya90 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've gained 63 pounds (and 14 inches around my waist) in the past year and a half.....meeting ANYONE from the old days, especially exes, is terrifying and humiliating. Perhaps the worst was when I visited my docs office 2 months ago....the nurse there would always joke about needing a child's scale for me, don't you eat anything, etc.....(I was 110 pounds before). This time, her eyes just widened in shock. SHe didn't say a word, but I could see the disbelief in her eyes. :cry:

This happened to me too. I weighed 117 then went back and weighed over 200 lbs. this was my heart dr. The nurse said looks like you've been enjoying yourself a little too much. And my dr said I needed to find my way to subway. I've lost almost 40 lbs and my next appt is in February! Hoping to have lost 50 by that time!

Not to mention... My sister was in rehab for over a year when she came home she didn't even recognize me I was so big. I see people from high school and people look at me like wtf happened to her. I got fat wtf is the issue I'm the same person just have a huge *kitten*!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Back in high school, a friend's mother was discussing openly in Chinese to other parents how fat I was.

A language which it just so happens this white girl was fluent in (at the time, anyway)...
  • mollyya90
    mollyya90 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    DH used to call my butt the "wrecking ball" because I was forever knocking things over with it. Then when the movie Robots came out (Pixar, maybe, with Robin Williams?), he started calling me Aunt Fanny (a robot with a huge trunk). Soon my neices and nephews were calling me Aunt Fanny.

So we went to a company picnic and we brought our kids and two of my youngest neices. One got stuck on the monkey bars, screaming for "Aunt Fanny"...my coworkers thought it was hilarious when the aborable imp explained that's what we call our auntie for her caboose!

I wasn't as amused, though I tried to laugh it off.

My niece calls me moo moo :( oh and one day I was running and my sister pulled up my niece shouted moo moo you're not fat anymore!! She's 4. :embarassed:
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I once had a doctor insist that I was pregnant. Needless to say, he is no longer my doctor.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest (or somewhere near) I was also mistaken for pregnant. However I think my most embarrassing was being maid of honor in my best friends wedding and having to wear completely different dress than all the other brides maids because that one didn't come in my size. Everyone was nice and said things like "It's very common for the maid of honor to wear a different dress" but I still stood there knowing that my dress was different because I was too big. :(

This happened to me too...so when I got married EVERYONE wore a different dress ( in a style of their choice) in a fall color of their choice...that way EVERYONE looked different and wore something they were comfortable in and chose themselves...I was so embarrassed by having to buy a different dress I didn't want anyone in my wedding party to feel that way..
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    For the past few years I've had to lie to everyone and tell them I hate the beach because I will not get into a bathing suit. I actually really love the beach. :( I missed out on my Senior party in high school because it was at the beach. Next year I plan on being at the beach all of the time.

I LOVE to swim. As a kid ages 1-14 I was all about swimming. At 15 is when I went from "plump" at 180-ish to "fat" and over 200...I did not swim or don a swimsuit for years, from age 15-22, all the way through high school and college. I went swimming twice at motels in a t-shirt, bra, panties, and shorts. Not fun.

However, at 23 even though I weighed 299 lb I said "eff it"! I'd gone through a brown recluse spider bite ordeal that had me hospitalized and almost losing my leg...no way was I gonna let life pass by without swimming just because I was embarrassed about my body. That year, I bought a size 24 swimsuit and rocked my housing complex pool. I got a nice tan and made some new friends. Yes even fat :-)

You ROCK! I LOVE your view of life! !

Thank you!!! :-)
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    DH used to call my butt the "wrecking ball" because I was forever knocking things over with it. Then when the movie Robots came out (Pixar, maybe, with Robin Williams?), he started calling me Aunt Fanny (a robot with a huge trunk). Soon my neices and nephews were calling me Aunt Fanny.

So we went to a company picnic and we brought our kids and two of my youngest neices. One got stuck on the monkey bars, screaming for "Aunt Fanny"...my coworkers thought it was hilarious when the aborable imp explained that's what we call our auntie for her caboose!

I wasn't as amused, though I tried to laugh it off.

My niece calls me moo moo :( oh and one day I was running and my sister pulled up my niece shouted moo moo you're not fat anymore!! She's 4. :embarassed:

I am floored by some of the comments on here...your niece, even though she is four, should not be allowed to call you "moo moo". Who puts up with that!?!? (and by that I am referring to her parents) To me, derogatory names aren't acceptable, whether she was calling you moo moo or FAT B**CH. Same difference and behavior that should be corrected immediately. By her parents.

Same with people who talk about their coworkers, family, friends, etc openly disrespecting them and treating them rudely. Why is this tolerated? I don't understand it. If someone ever made such rude comments to me, and they were not a small child or confused senior, I'd immediately set them straight by letting them know I did not approve of it nor would I allow it in the future.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, Walt Disney World had turnstiles at a few rides. Haunted Mansion was one of them.

I was too fat to walk straight through the turnstile, I had to do a side step/shimmy/tiptoe thing. That's not the bad part. During my graceful tiptoe movement, the turnstile caught the back of my shorts pulling them down and exposing my granny panties to the world. I could not have been more mortified. Didn't go on a diet though, I wasn't ready yet.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    Options
    I think we all have an item of clothing that we have never worn again thanks to one of these embarrassing moments.
    I have a gorgeous tunic top. I was working a trial shift in a bar, and towards the end of the night, around 4am, when it started to quieten down, two older men were sat at the bar, getting very drunk. One guy said to the other "Doesn't she look maternal" in what was meant to be a complement. His friend said "What are you trying to say, she's not pregnant" and the first friend just frowned, really confused.
    That top went straight in the bin. Shame I left it another few years to start my weight loss fight, but at least I've started now.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    Options
    Just remembered one other instant of this. A friend introduced me to his beautiful model asian girlfriend. She took my face in her hand and said "You'd be so pretty if you were thin".
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • dgeorgiadis
    dgeorgiadis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Unless you are giving birth at the time, no one should ever ask if you are pregnant (which has happened to me).
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You guys are the best! I could relate to almost every story told so far and laughed at them all because I have been there too. They all brought back some memory of mine of a similar incident that I just have to laugh at now because it happened and I can't do anything to change that now.
    My butt has typed on people's keyboards and stapled things on people's desks and sometimes I have had to just say it has a mind of its own! My boobs have been squeezed into many rides under the shoulder restraint bar to the point where I didn't think I could breathe. My gut has been shimmied into many a booth that was not even close to fitting me and then overhung the table and got food all over it which I had to wear the disgrace of for the rest of the day.
    But we all have to realize that we can make a change with a little willpower, education, and some time and also realize that we are not in this journey alone and help each other get through this. I love every one of you for being able to move outside of your comfort zone to share your story. You guys made me day!!!!!
    Good luck with your weight loss and fitness journeys!

NOW THIS WAS TRULY FUNNY AND BOY DO I RELATE...
    1.) HAVING TO SIT AT TABLES INSTEAD OF CUDDLING UP AT A BOOTH
    2.) WEARING MY DINNER ON MY BOOBS
    3.) HAVING TO DIG RICE, ETC OUT OF MY BRA
    4.) THE MOST EMBARRASSING WAS WHEN THE COMPANY I WORKED FOR REQUIRED THAT THE POLICY OF WEARING A SEATBELT WHEN OPERATING THE FORK LIFT BE INFORCED, I COULDN'T GET THE SEAT BELT ACROSS ME AND I WAS AROUND A GROPU OF GUYS AND ONE WAS LIKE ... GIRL WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT THAT SEATBELT ON "IT WON'T FIT" ??? .. I WAS LIKE, NAWWW, I'M JUST BEING REBELLIOUS ! ! !
    SMALL NSV THO!!! I USED THE FORKLIFT YESTERDAY AT WORK AND IT FITS WITH ROOM TO SPARE .... YEAHHHH ! ! !
  • BeanCounter3
    BeanCounter3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    being maid of honor in my best friends wedding and having to wear completely different dress than all the other brides maids because that one didn't come in my size.

this is awful I'm so sorry :(

I was maid of honour for my sister but she let me pick the design because not everything looks good on a bigger person and the other 4 were skinny so they could pull off anything. Once we had the design she refused to buy the dresses from anywhere that didn't have my size.

it really meant a lot that she was willing to do that for me

I did something similar for my own wedding. I made sure the dresses I picked out were flattering on a heavy frame with large bust sizes. I had them with me and tried them on to make sure they were comfortable wearing them. Having been heavy before myself I know how that feels to be embarrassed to wear something...especially dresses.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    being maid of honor in my best friends wedding and having to wear completely different dress than all the other brides maids because that one didn't come in my size.

this is awful I'm so sorry :(

I was maid of honour for my sister but she let me pick the design because not everything looks good on a bigger person and the other 4 were skinny so they could pull off anything. Once we had the design she refused to buy the dresses from anywhere that didn't have my size.

it really meant a lot that she was willing to do that for me

I did something similar for my own wedding. I made sure the dresses I picked out were flattering on a heavy frame with large bust sizes. I had them with me and tried them on to make sure they were comfortable wearing them. Having been heavy before myself I know how that feels to be embarrassed to wear something...especially dresses.

Prob off-topic a little, and I am not sayin' this to promote body shame or anything like that. But holy moly, I went to a wedding a couple of years ago where the bride and ALL of her attendants were at least my size (DD cup, 18+ dress) and they all had on skintight strapless dresses. SO much cleavage. It was just sad. They would have looked so much lovelier (IMO) in a different cut/style!
  • NessaWilde
    NessaWilde Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is actually from when I was a kid, maybe 10. My family was having a barbecue and there is a kids table, it was one of those kid sized picnic tables and I barely fit. All my friends at the time weighed about 90-100 lbs and I was already weighting in at about 140!

I went back to get seconds and after I sat down again my friend's mother walked over and PRIED THE BURGER OUT OF MY HAND and told me to "have a little self control for gods sake". This was in front of all my friends, I was so humiliated.
  • brandycochran
    brandycochran Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I participated in a Citizens Fire Academy in my city and we had to write down our pant sizes for the fire suits....I was last to sign up and extremely embarrassed to see that I was the largest person on the roster. THEN when the pants arrived, they didn't fit so they had to use STRING to make the waist at least comfortable and safe....I had to have help with everything once I got it on. I felt like the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man from Ghostbusters...it was TERRIBLE.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Mine is more heartbreaking than embarrassing... At the time, I was around 290-300 pounds. This was about 5-6 years ago. I had finally decided to take charge and lose the weight. So, that evening I decided to put on some comfortable clothes and walk through my neighborhood.

I was feeling so good about myself. I had walked the length of my neighborhood and was almost home. This was almost 2 miles of walking, so I was sweating and flushed but proud. A group of 3 teenage boys came walking by. As I met up with them, one of them decided it would be funny to call me a beached whale. They laughed and laughed.... well, needless to say, I went home and cried and cried. I let those little f***ers derail me. I did not want to leave the house for days. I did not walk again for another year or two. Never again!! I am in control. Since then I have lost almost 80 pounds.. and I am never looking back.