What small accomplishment have you made recently?

Options
I remember when I first started doing my Zumba Cardio Party DVDs. The first time through, I don't even think I made it through the DVD. Awhile later, I would collapse on the ground and lay there for a good while after it was over, haha.

Well, today... I got to the point where I decided to add a little extra to my work-out and did all the arm movements while holding my 3 lb weights. And in some parts where there aren't alot of arm movements being done, I did my own :) I know it might not seem like alot to some people, but it felt good knowing I was at a point in time where I wanted to push myself further, and actually felt good when it was over, not like I wanted to die ;)

What's an accomplishment you're proud of today?

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    ran a mile in just under 11 minutes. I usually don't time myself for each mile, but i did today since i got on the treadmill and started running right away. pretty awesome since i could barely run a mile in under 16 minutes in middle school.

it's amazing that as we progress, we are able to do so much more than we thought we could do. I never thought i would enjoy running, but now I run 3-5 miles a day most days.
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was able to fully cross my legs today without "helping" my leg by lifting it farther over. It seems weird but it's amazing how the little things remind of us of our progress.
  • beethedreamer
    Options
    I was able to fully cross my legs today without "helping" my leg by lifting it farther over. It seems weird but it's amazing how the little things remind of us of our progress.

I LOVED it when that happened. haha.
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I ran 6 minutes on the treadmill today instead of just 5. Not much, but Im proud of it!
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    i WILL be proud of my work out at home tonight. i usually find no motivation when getting home from work to exercise which is why i usually go to the gym right after work... and tonight i am faced with the famous problem and refuse to give myself a pass tonight! doesn't sound like much, it means a lot to me to find the energy after i've gotten home to exercise! i'll let you all know how it works out, congrats to you all on your accomplishments. we are AWESOME!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I started here at 247 pounds, in March, barely able to make it 10 minutes at 2.0 on a treadmill. I also had an extremely large hernia, as big as a tennis ball. On September 27th, I went for hernia surgery, at 176.4 pounds. On October 1st, I weighed in at 190 pounds. OUCH! October 13th I went back for a second hernia surgery, because another one formed, at 184 pounds. Today, 1 month and 1 day later, I weighed in at 175.2 pounds. The only thing I have been aloud to do since the first surgery, is walk very slowly. Yesterday she, my doctor, released me on exercise restrictions, most of the way. Today I did my first 1 mile, in 21 minutes, with 18 holes and all in my belly. 2 surgeries in 1 month, and a 14 pound weight gain. With a little determination, anything can be done!
  • beethedreamer
    Options
    I ran 6 minutes on the treadmill today instead of just 5. Not much, but Im proud of it!

that's amazing! Every little bit counts and soon you'll be able to run full miles!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My small accomplishment is LOGGING back in, and tracking my food today! It's 4:43 and I don't have any more calories left, but I know I can do it.
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    I ran a 5k with my mom, for the Susan G Komen and we ran it in 42.7 minutes. And we sign up for another one on Nov 13, 2010. Can't wait!!!!
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I decided to start eating healthy again. On Monday, I started using MFP again, and I'm really glad that I did it. Almost 2 year ago I did MFP and lost 25 pounds...about half of that has creeped back on, and this time I am determined to pull it off and some extra!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I accomplished another day of exercising and eating healthy. One day at a time...one pound at a time.
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    After losing most/all of the weight I wanted to lose, I have recently started exercising (not counting the 4 - 5 miles I walk every day at work) and I read somewhere that I should be able to do 25 - 50 pushups. Well, no way. I started out doing 3, then 5 and last night I did 7, I figure eventually I will get there, maybe, lol.
  • jenuwine
    Options
    On Monday I signed up to a gym, did a pilates class have been eating SO good this week, and excercised hard last night too. Its been a REALLY good week for me, Im proud of every little step I've taken. diet -water- excercise.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Proud that good (nutritious) food tastes good again. At my high weight and bad habits I had no desire for fruit and salad. Now they are yummy!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first started doing my Zumba Cardio Party DVDs. The first time through, I don't even think I made it through the DVD. Awhile later, I would collapse on the ground and lay there for a good while after it was over, haha.

Well, today... I got to the point where I decided to add a little extra to my work-out and did all the arm movements while holding my 3 lb weights. And in some parts where there aren't alot of arm movements being done, I did my own :) I know it might not seem like alot to some people, but it felt good knowing I was at a point in time where I wanted to push myself further, and actually felt good when it was over, not like I wanted to die ;)

What's an accomplishment you're proud of today?

I'm the same as you but with step aerobics. When I first did the dvd workout, I dont even think I could keep up with half of it. Never did the arm movements and just about could breathe by the end of it!!

Now, I'm jumping higher, adding extra arm movements and find myself having to slow down to keep pace with the class as I get carried away!

Also, 'man' push ups. I remember only being able to do one of those. Now I can do 25 no problem :bigsmile:

It's amazing how noticably one's fitness/strength improves with a bit of work :bigsmile:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I finished the first 2 weeks of 200 sit ups (with crunches, pregnant) and am now able to do 90 crunches non stop. Started week 3 today. :) I also finished week 2 of Couch to 5K and I can definitely feel a difference already.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    after taking a 10 month break to have a baby- i'm back this week on my jouny---jounsling food and exercising----IT FEELS GREAT!
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I hit 10K steps on my pedometer today:happy: I realize this is supposed to be a minimum, but I have to work hard for it!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten anything after dinner or late at night for three nights! I've resorted to drinking water instead.

L.
  • krg918
    krg918 Posts: 36
    Options
    2 weeks in a row that i have been on the treadclimber 3 times/wk. This will be week 3 and i have increased my time each week. Up to one whole hour today! YAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!:smokin:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!