Embarrassing fat stories!

Options

Replies

• _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I went on a parachute ride with my boyfriend (years ago). Apparently the maximum weight is 500lbs. I was big, and he was big. Needless to say the teenage work had to tell one of us to exit the ride. I have never been more humiliated in my life. I think I was about 275 at the time.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Mine is more heartbreaking than embarrassing... At the time, I was around 290-300 pounds. This was about 5-6 years ago. I had finally decided to take charge and lose the weight. So, that evening I decided to put on some comfortable clothes and walk through my neighborhood.

I was feeling so good about myself. I had walked the length of my neighborhood and was almost home. This was almost 2 miles of walking, so I was sweating and flushed but proud. A group of 3 teenage boys came walking by. As I met up with them, one of them decided it would be funny to call me a beached whale. They laughed and laughed.... well, needless to say, I went home and cried and cried. I let those little f***ers derail me. I did not want to leave the house for days. I did not walk again for another year or two. Never again!! I am in control. Since then I have lost almost 80 pounds.. and I am never looking back.

I have never been called fat in public by a stranger and have never seen it happen before. Hard to believe people like that really exist.

*edited to add I totally believe you, it's just shocking to me people have such audacity.
  • Foxtrot2N
    Foxtrot2N Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Most embarrassing....easy one. My minions LOVE Chuck E Cheese. I took them out there one day as a surprise and to get some quality time with my little ones. After about half an hour a large party came in and about 15 minutes after that my kids asked if we could leave. They have never been there less than half a day so it kind of surprised me. Then I realized that the other kids and some of their parents were pointing and making comments about me and it embarrassed my kids so bad that they would rather just go. For a 4 and 5 year old to be that aware of it and embarrased you can imagine it had to be pretty obnoxious. I couldn't talk the whole trip home and just wanted to die right there. When I feel like "treating" myself for a job well done I remember that day and grab some carrot sticks instead.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bright red stretch marks all over my tummy. I was probably about 12 in the locker rooms and a girl turns around and goes, "What's that?" - I downright lied, "My cat scratched me." So, a few months later, and about 30 pounds heavier, I got them on my thighs. This little ***** goes, "Your cat scratched you there too...? What are you doing with your cat?"
    Cue snappy replies and inevitable smacking.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I used to tape my nipples down every morning before work, because my moobs were so big. If I didn't, their outlines would be easily visible through my shirts...that's right, shirts, PLURAL (undershirt and polo shirt). What can I say? I was keeping things classy.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Bright red stretch marks all over my tummy. I was probably about 12 in the locker rooms and a girl turns around and goes, "What's that?" - I downright lied, "My cat scratched me." So, a few months later, and about 30 pounds heavier, I got them on my thighs. This little ***** goes, "Your cat scratched you there too...? What are you doing with your cat?"
    Cue snappy replies and inevitable smacking.

I got made fun of in the locker room for stretch marks too. But instead of answering I just burst into tears. So embarrassing! I would have slapped that b****.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My 1st grade son came home crying because the kids were making fun of this fat mom. That was my turning point
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Ill-mannered teenagers... I blame their parents really.. I doubt they were taught any manners growing up. It has never happened to me since. But it was pretty devastating. My son was their age, and I know he would have punched him in the face had he been with me. I know he would never disrespect an adult that way.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I went to a cabin with some friends and sat on the toilet seat and IT CRACKED! Omg, I've never been so embarrassed in my life! Luckily, there were a lot of problems with the cabin and we just included that on the list of "messed up things". I think that may have been the day my weight loss journey began!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Cedar Point, super excited to ride the new Star Wars ride. At the entrance, there is a seat to ensure you fit. I got pulled and sadly, did not fit. I blamed it on the big meal including alcohol I had just consumed, but was mortified.

I WILL go back and ride that damn ride.
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think it would hurt too much when nursing, even if you fit into the rides.
  • salemsaberhagen
    salemsaberhagen Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I grew up being a fat kid. Every supposed cherished childhood activity was a nightmare: classmate birthday parties at chucky cheese- all the kids would say that I was going to eat all the pizza and the event usually ended with me getting stuck in all the rides and the parents remarking "maybe you're too big for it"; boy scouts- they didnt have a uniform big enough to fit me and I got stuck on the zipline; summer camps- more like gladiator camps...hey let's pick on the fat kid!" (I actually did learn to fight...30 years later and I'm still the master of the sucker punch); swimming pools- I was a boy with boobs, nuff said; and now we come to the coup de gras...school dances- you try getting a date when you're a guy with bigger boobs then ANY of the girls.
    Eventually, I lost all the weight and got into shape. I will say one thing for my embarrasing fat stories- at least they kept me from being a teen dad.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I probably blocked out a lot of my stories but...

Despite being big I was always an athlete. And a pretty good one at that - especially softball. But I also played tennis through high school. Freshman year they didn't have a tennis skirt big enough for me. I got to wear my own, even though the coach said they coudl special order it. I played it off like I didn't care because I was a tomboy and those skirts were too short anyways.

I was walking with one of my best friends in high school in her kinda bad neighborhood. She was tiny - 5'2" and MAYBE 120 pounds. I was 5'10" and at least 250 at the time. One guy yelled from across the street "Why is she so skinny and the other one is so fat. Obviously she's eating all her food!" My friend actually stood up for me and yelled something back - I was shocked.

I used to be embarassed to shop at regular stores because I knew things wouldn't fit. ANd when I did have to buy clothes I was embarassed of the size. Truthfully, even now that I have been able to fit in to regular sizes for a while, I'm still embarassed and scared every time I go shopping.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Trying on last years pants. They button.....barely.

Hubby said, "you look great! Thats how skinny jeans are SUPPOSED to fit!"

Except these are relaxed fit flare....

What a good man! he is trying!
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    2 Things

1. I was so sad the day that my MOM at 49, gave me all her clothes in a box labeled "fat clothes". She was an 12 and I was an 18. They were nice clothes but still!

2. I worked at a school and the kids always asked if I was having a baby ... one time I told the girl no, she said "then there is no reason for your belly to be that big". I was shocked! I wasn't even at my biggest!

50540473.png
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I probably blocked out a lot of my stories but...

Despite being big I was always an athlete. And a pretty good one at that - especially softball. But I also played tennis through high school. Freshman year they didn't have a tennis skirt big enough for me. I got to wear my own, even though the coach said they coudl special order it. I played it off like I didn't care because I was a tomboy and those skirts were too short anyways.

I was walking with one of my best friends in high school in her kinda bad neighborhood. She was tiny - 5'2" and MAYBE 120 pounds. I was 5'10" and at least 250 at the time. One guy yelled from across the street "Why is she so skinny and the other one is so fat. Obviously she's eating all her food!" My friend actually stood up for me and yelled something back - I was shocked.

I used to be embarassed to shop at regular stores because I knew things wouldn't fit. ANd when I did have to buy clothes I was embarassed of the size. Truthfully, even now that I have been able to fit in to regular sizes for a while, I'm still embarassed and scared every time I go shopping.

Thats a good friend!!
    50540473.png
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I was a fat kid. I couldn't count the number of things that were said to me when I was young.

I do remember one time though. I was playing outside my house and a kid I went to school with rode his bike down my street. He never said a mean thing to me before. but as he approached me he screamed "You should go get liposuction!" and flew by.
    I also got eggs thrown at me while I was running a couple years ago but I don't know if that was because I was fat. or- what. But it happened.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was a fat kid. I couldn't count the number of things that were said to me when I was young.

I do remember one time though. I was playing outside my house and a kid I went to school with rode his bike down my street. He never said a mean thing to me before. but as he approached me he screamed "You should go get liposuction!" and flew by.
    I also got eggs thrown at me while I was running a couple years ago but I don't know if that was because I was fat. or- what. But it happened.

When we were 16-17 my friends and I would occasionally cruise this strip in our town. This was pre-Internet, and a popular thing to do for people in that age group at the time although I personally felt "too cool" since I was into edgier stuff. Anyway, we regularly got hit on and freaky older guys loved my hair (it was waist long and honey brown) and we always had plenty of cute boys asking for our numbers etc. I even dated a couple of guys I met on that street.

But then one night this very short, skinny kid from our high school threw a Twinkie into my friend's car and he and his friend made pig noises at us. I was over 200 lb and my friend was smaller, but still heavy. We NEVER "cruised" again after that :-/
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    bump for later.