3) Vitamins
    4) Good snack
  • patols1
    patols1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There two reasons to not eat bananas:

1. You don't like them

2. You are allergic to them

3. Your potassium level is too high and the doctor advised against bananas, etc. True story. I still have the occasional banana though, because they're YUMMY! :happy:
    my doctor has also advised against bananas for the same reason. i have too much potassium.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Yes, on most days. I love bananas!!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't like them much really but my daughters do in fact they eat one banana almost everyday , they are a good source of potassium and good for calorie intake so that's wonderful for them, me not so much only time I have them is blended into my protein shake on occasion and a dark chocolate and nut covered frozen banana as a treat .
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    they fall in the potatoe category for my diet... not worth it.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I dont really like them. It's hard to get them at at just the right texture, they're a bit sticky and sweet, and for 100 calories let alone the carbs and sugars I could choose any number of other fruits. In addition, when I used to have a banana on toast for breakfsat, a whole banana was too much. And then they repeat on me.

If there are some in the fruit bowl going overly ripe, then I freeze them, and sometimes make banana pancakes or flapjacks. But that's maybe once a month.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    There two reasons to not eat bananas:

1. You don't like them

2. You are allergic to them

:smile: AND 3. they are not ready! I HATE when I think the Banana is ripe then I bite it and :sad:
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I eat them on occasion. I really only like the the first or second day after I buy them when they're slightly green still.. once they start to ripen, I don't like them.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    :smile: AND 3. they are not ready! I HATE when I think the Banana is ripe then I bite it and :sad:

I'll trade you my ripe bananas for your slightly unripe :laugh:
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Deal!:drinker:
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes. Quick, easy, delicious pre-workout breakfast. Great in smoothies. Good when you're too lazy to wash an apple. I eat a MINIMUM of one per day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

ME TO!!!

I prefer the more firm texture than super mushy- hysterically my BF prefers them the other way- he hates it when I buy a big bunch of unripe green ones!
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love bananas and have atleast 1 a day. They're so easy and delicious to eat!! Perfect addition to my breakfast...since I hate almost everything breakfast related :D
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I love bananas eat them almost every day. My favorite way is to make banana peanut butter sandwiches out of them, dip in dark chocolate, put them in the freezer for about an hour.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd like in on this swap too! I'd much rather eat a slightly unripe banana that's a bit sour than one that is even slightly over-ripe. I'm talking just starting to get spots on the skin. Something about that state just completely turns me off - not just the texture and taste but the smell too. I used to give my "icky" bananas to my cubicle neighbor but she's changed her diet around and tries to keep her sugar low so she's not too fond of them anymore. So I use them in peanut butter and banana wraps or add them to my oatmeal. And if they're THAT bad, I'll try to give them away to one of my other co-workers.

Re: the OP question - I eat a banana just about every day
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Growing up I hated bananas. Now...I like them. I try to eat one every day. But they have to be ripe (not rotten all brown). Yummy!
    I hate banana bread, banana pancakes, banana pudding, any food or drink containing bananas. Gimme plain ol' ripe bananas any day.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I like my bananas pretty green and I'm really bothered at how fast they seem to be yellowing and browning this year...I swear something is different. I eat them for lunch a lot.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'd like in on this swap too! I'd much rather eat a slightly unripe banana that's a bit sour than one that is even slightly over-ripe. I'm talking just starting to get spots on the skin. Something about that state just completely turns me off - not just the texture and taste but the smell too. I used to give my "icky" bananas to my cubicle neighbor but she's changed her diet around and tries to keep her sugar low so she's not too fond of them anymore. So I use them in peanut butter and banana wraps or add them to my oatmeal. And if they're THAT bad, I'll try to give them away to one of my other co-workers.

Re: the OP question - I eat a banana just about every day

Yup- although smell texture- everything. Totally agree. They absolutely smell different.

Once mine start turning YELLOW YELLOW- I'm already not that interested- because in one day they'll start to get brown. I tend to just throw them in the freezer and save them for a rainy day smoothie when I'm low on food or in a hurry.
  • Asin99
    Options
    I usually eat 1-2 bananas a day because...

1) I have low potassium because of hypertension medication
    2) Potassium is key in lowering high blood pressure
    3) They are freaking delicious
    4) They are cheap - even organic ones

As far as the ripeness goes, I can't handle yellow bananas well. I eat them semi-green while they are still somewhat hard and just starting to sweeten.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-2 a day because they're delicious and go good in my pumpkin smoothies. :D