Are you a cheater?

Options

Replies

• addicted2numbers
    addicted2numbers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to count calories on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas day. I am still going to workout but I am going to enjoy myself on these days. I don't want to go on an all out binge and stuff my face though.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    instead of cheating I plan on cooking things a little different. While I am going to make the family the sweet potato pie, I will have a baked sweet potato. I will make them a green bean casserole but throw a few fresh green beans in the steamer for me. Looking for a recipe for the turkey that doesn't add a stick of butter,, they wont know the difference. And while I will make them a pumpkin pie I will skip it for some kind of fruit desert. Its not that one day will kill me, I just don't want to spend the evening with a tummy ache!
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    nope. most of my MFP friends are out of town, but I will be spending thanksgiving with them. I see a lot of workouts planned for my holiday :) I plan to try and log everything accurately, even if I go into the red
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Burning 500 calories from cooking.... ook
    Ha.

Plus another 500 from eating.
  • perrysquared
    Options
    Ha.

Plus another 500 from eating...

I guess that kind of thing really works up a sweat. Especially if there's hot sauce involved. -2000 calories for the day
  • Bound4Kona
    Bound4Kona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @Blossum: I have family in the EU and realize that there is a wonderful international community of support here. I didn't want to miss anyone. Thanks a million for writing. Congrats on your achievements and cheers on you goals!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    it is possible...if you cook while jumping rope....
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet and they aren't cheat days. Holidays/celebrations are just part of life. Life doesn't always fit in the same tidy little box.

I plan on eating ALL the foods and working out as I normally would. It's a couple days a year. Not a big deal.
  • MoiKarina
    MoiKarina Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I "cheated" last weekend as last Friday was my Birthday. But i wouldn't consider it cheating, just making an exception. I still entered everything I ate and I'm going to the gym everyday this week to burn it out as well as being back to my strict diet. It was nice as long as it lasted and now I'm back to the diet and sports. It was like a nice break. :D
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on going off track. I just got back on and if I do it will completely throw me off. I have felt so bad for so long and I have just started to feel good. I have to do low carb for medical reasons. If I "cheat" just one day I swell and feel horrible!:sick:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is my favorite meal ever. Top that off with the fact that it's been an incredibly stressful few weeks and I am ready to go to town! :drinker:

In all seriousness, I will be eating everything and I will be drinking wine. I'm going to go for a long run in the morning and may try to round up the troops for a walk after the meal, depending on food coma. Since I'll be cooking, I probably won't sit down and eat a breakfast or anything. My food for the day will be based around the big meal.

It's only one day and it's a day I usually enjoy very much. That's more important to me than anything else.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet and they aren't cheat days. Holidays/celebrations are just part of life. Life doesn't always fit in the same tidy little box.

I plan on eating ALL the foods and working out as I normally would. It's a couple days a year. Not a big deal.
    this X10.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My Thanksgiving is always a huge family gathering in Southern Georgia. Fried turkey, bbq pork, chicken n dumplins, all the starchy sides and fantastic deserts.
    I'm going to eat whatever I want and hope I don't make myself miserable. Food like that only comes around once a year ( cause I'm not southern enough to cook it lol). Not gonna miss it!
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options

^^^This.
  • Bound4Kona
    Bound4Kona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @Perry & Frank: Cooking/Prep/Setting Table & Serving burned about 102 calories and hour. This year I'm hosting 18 people, so I'll be busy for well over 5 hours.

http://calorielab.com/burned/?mo=se&gr=05&ti=home+activities&q=&wt=150&un=lb&kg=68
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't consider them cheat days. It,s not a test and I make my own rules.
    I am pretty much at maintenance weight. (Within 3 pounds). I don,t always log my food anyway as I,m trying to learn to maintain on my own. So far so good.
    I will eat with in moderation and allow some special treats for all the Holidays.
    My parents have not invited us over for Thanksgiving, so I will have a small Thanksgiving Breakfast and invite family that wants to come. May invite our neighbor to eat turkey with us that evening.
    Christmas may be in the hospital for my son' surgery. And we never do anything for New Years. (The one holiday I actually want to do something. ..I am not a big holiday fan)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting on Thanksgiving seems like it'll ruin the day. I'm gonna eat like there's no tomorrow.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

this X10.

So you are going to do this 10 times from Thanksgiving til New Years? Me too!!
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I may eat a bunch of extra calories but don't plan on cheating. Hopefully the weather will be good enough that I can get a longish bicycle ride in, which should give me the extra pad I need.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat whatever I want because that's just how I roll.