Replies

• ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Currently at home, cooking away - Apple Bourbon Pork BBQ.

2.5-3 lb Pork tenderloin
    1 package Campbell's Slower cooker Apple Bourbon sauce
    1.5 oz (2 tlbsp) of either water or whiskey (personal choice)
    2 med red onions

1) cut / quarter onions - sprinkle in bottom of crock pot (set heat for LOW)
    2) add pork
    3) add sauce. use liquid to "wash out" package (to get the last bits at the bottom).
    4) cover and cook 7-9 hours.

makes anywhere from 4-8 servings, depending on how you serve it and how many you're feeding

(I set it up for 4 servings because we LIKE meat - CAL = 588, CARB = 27, FAT = 8, PROTEIN = 82, FIBER = 3 & SUGAR = 22)

either eat w/ buns, served over rice, quinoa or with a veggie side (gonna fry up some brussel sprouts & mushrooms)
  • amylcallahan3
    amylcallahan3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a yummy recipe
    3-4 pound pork roast
    1 bottle Italian salad dressing poured on top
    cook on low 6-8 hours
    It is that easy, if you want to add vegi's that last hour or so you can
    We often have a big salad or put the meat on pita
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops (or whatever boneless, lean pork cut is cheapest) or boneless, skinless chicken breast... throw it in the crockpot, pour in enough coke/dr pepper/root beer to juuuust cover the meat. Low for 7-8 hours. Take out of the crockpot (leaving the remaining coke and juices behind) and shred. Mix with BBQ sauce! It's so good and so easy.
  • bamakmd
    Options
    In for the recipes :)
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just did French Chicken last night.

About 3# of frozen chicken breasts

Sauce : bottle of french dressing, can of cranberry sauce, packet of onion soup mix. (I mixed these together with my hand blender so they were smooth).

I served over rice. Sounds weird, tastes good.
  • CrossFitSandra
    Options
    This is my #1 all-time most requested dish, and it is crazy simple and SOOO freaking good!

Crockpot Carnitas

4-5lb pork butt/shoulder (bone-in or boneless, it doesn't matter) - I trim the big chunks of fat out, but not all of the fat otherwise it gets dry
    1:1 ratio of cumin to kosher salt - rub it all over the outside of the meat. You want a nice even coating. I usually use about 2Tbsp of each
    juice of 2 limes and 2 oranges
    6-10 peeled garlic cloves, whole
    about a cup of beef broth (or chicken or vegetable, whatever you have, but beef tastes the best)
    You can also slice a couple of onions in with this, but you don't have to.

Rub meat all over with cumin-salt mixture and plop in the crockpot
    throw in the garlic (and onion if using)
    Squeeze the juice from the citrus over the meat
    Add the broth to the pot.
    Cover and cook on low 8+ hours until the meat falls apart easily
    Drain most of the liquid, reserving a cup or so, and then shred the meat with two forks. Add back some liquid if it's too dry.
    Stuff this in your facehole and make yummy noises.

I usually serve with small corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, salsa, lime wedges, and cilantro.

Leftovers can also be mixed up with some BBQ sauce for pulled pork sliders. Or you can make tacos again by heating up the meat in a cast iron skillet with a little bit of oil and it gets crispy and delicious! This is definitely one recipe that is great the first day and amaze-balls as leftovers.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    This is more of a technique than a recipe, but I like to make chicken, baked potatoes and gravy in the crock pot. You need a fairly large crock pot (4 quart or larger) for this technique, but it's an easy way to make a good dinner!

Ingredients:
    skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces (can be frozen. seriously.)
    medium sized russet potatoes
    seasoning salt (I like Badia brand, no MSG) or other desired seasonings
    corn starch

Season your chicken parts and place in the bottom/center of the crock pot. Scrub potatoes, wrap each one in foil, and place around the outer edge of the crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours (6 hours if using frozen chicken); if cooking all day, cook on low. When you're ready to serve, remove the foil-wrapped potatoes and chicken, and drain the accumulated liquid into a jar. Add 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch to the jar and screw the lid back on. Wrap a kitchen towel around the jar and shake well. Instant gravy! Taste your gravy and add salt and pepper if needed. I like to use the chicken gravy on the potatoes instead of butter or other toppings -- it keeps the calories down and is delicious.

I often cook chicken in the crock pot -- I don't add any liquid, I just season the chicken. The chicken itself will give off a lot of liquid, and I NEVER throw this out. If I don't use it to make gravy, I'll pour it into a container and refrigerate it. The fat rises to the top and can be removed, and then the remaining stuff is essentially concentrated chicken broth and can be used to make soup. It freezes well.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Apricot Chicken!

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast (frozen or thawed)
    1 jar of apricot preserves
    1 can of apricots + juice
    packet of onion soup mix

throw it all in the crockpot on low for 6 hours. Serve over rice. So good!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    in for recipes, they sound so good, thanks
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This is my #1 all-time most requested dish, and it is crazy simple and SOOO freaking good!

Crockpot Carnitas

4-5lb pork butt/shoulder (bone-in or boneless, it doesn't matter) - I trim the big chunks of fat out, but not all of the fat otherwise it gets dry
    1:1 ratio of cumin to kosher salt - rub it all over the outside of the meat. You want a nice even coating. I usually use about 2Tbsp of each
    juice of 2 limes and 2 oranges
    6-10 peeled garlic cloves, whole
    about a cup of beef broth (or chicken or vegetable, whatever you have, but beef tastes the best)
    You can also slice a couple of onions in with this, but you don't have to.

Rub meat all over with cumin-salt mixture and plop in the crockpot
    throw in the garlic (and onion if using)
    Squeeze the juice from the citrus over the meat
    Add the broth to the pot.
    Cover and cook on low 8+ hours until the meat falls apart easily
    Drain most of the liquid, reserving a cup or so, and then shred the meat with two forks. Add back some liquid if it's too dry.
    Stuff this in your facehole and make yummy noises.

I usually serve with small corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, salsa, lime wedges, and cilantro.

Leftovers can also be mixed up with some BBQ sauce for pulled pork sliders. Or you can make tacos again by heating up the meat in a cast iron skillet with a little bit of oil and it gets crispy and delicious! This is definitely one recipe that is great the first day and amaze-balls as leftovers.

Almost exactly like ours - it is so slammin delish! Now I want to go get some pork - If you like it crispier I throw it in the cast iron under the broiler right before serving - Really tasty with tomatillo/avocado salsa -
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Pork Loin with root beer and barbeque sauce.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-pulled-pork/detail.aspx

Seriously so good and so easy. I know it sounds weird but give it a try. My very picky daughter loves it.
  • paulathoren1
    paulathoren1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    More than 5 ingredients, but it is REALLY worth it. Just throw all the following in the crock pot and cook for 8 hours on low (I do the last hour on high because it makes the peas more "creamy". A bit spicy so not for picky kids (although mine love it)

Ham and Split Pea Soup
    Ingredients
    • 1 pound dried split peas
    • 2 ham hock
    • 1 chopped yellow onion
    • 1 cup chopped celery
    • 1 cup chopped carrots
    • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
    • 1 pound ham, chopped
    • ½ lb Anduille sausage – cooked kind
    • Salt and pepper
    • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    • 8 cups chicken broth
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 2 teaspoons thyme
    • 2 tbs herbes de provence – if you have it, otherwise some oregano
    • Gruyere – serve on top of each bowl (optional)
  • paulathoren1
    paulathoren1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Another favorite: my son and his friends could eat this all day!

Here is a great quick and easy Chile Verde.

3 – 5 pounds of pork shoulder or butt – whatever has less fat
    an onion (chopped),
    garlic,
    a little cumin,
    a large can of Green Chile Enchilada Sauce,
    large can of roasted and chopped green chilis,
    a large jar of green chile salsa (contaiins tomotillos)
    and if you want some “heat” add some cayenne or chipotle chili powder. .

Cook on low for 10 hours an

Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream and cheese and fresh cilantro (optional)....my husband likes it over rice
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    In for the recipes. Sound of them sound awesome. Thanks.
  • HiImJayme
    HiImJayme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Some of these sound delish. Thanks for the great ideas!
  • gibmo2
    gibmo2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump