Who is giving a car to his wife for Xmas?

Options

Replies

• tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    To who's wife?
    Me, cowboy. You need to buy me one.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Meh.
    I already got his car, his house and half his paycheque for as long as he lives.

tumblr_mgwmqaut511rt5f2yo2_400.gif
  • TeamDale54
    Options
    No car, but a new elliptical trainer for her.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Do people actually surprise their spouses with a car for Christmas? I mean, does that ever really happen?

I suspect my wife would be miffed that she wasn't involved in the decision process. Seems just a little presumptuous.

I've bought my wife a few cars for her birthdays. Not that I'm romantic or anything.

She just seems to break them in mid-summer for some reason.

And if I'm the one buying the car - she better be nothing but appreciative. If she wants an input, she can buy her own car.

Separate bank accounts, huh?

Do you at least let her out of the kitchen to get a little sunshine occasionally? Maybe to the mailbox and back (but only after her chores are done)?

If you give someone a gift - it is expected that you pay for it right?

If you are going to pay for it out of a joint account - it's not a gift at all.

I'd be pissed if someone "bought" me a "gift" and expected me to help pay for it.

It's not a sexist thing. If I bought you a car - you should be appreciative too and not complain about not getting an input - you can always sell it if you want (or re-gift it or whatever).

And, for the record, I'm the troll who works in the basement and never gets to see the sun. :drinker:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, my husband,
    escalade, already bought and paid for.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I gave myself a bangin Audi for XMAS last year hehehe :glasses:

I'm an Audi Sport enthusiast. What can I say.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am. She wants a new Yukon or Enclave.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    One thing about being single. I just buy my own damn present to myself. Strangely enough, I always get exactly what I want.

I must be doing it wrong.. I'm not and I still end up buying my own damn gifts... guess I need to change something up lol

When I was married, she blew all my money on herself anyway. So by the time I was able to buy for the kids and her, I aways just had to go with the whole "I don't really want anything" line, because there wasn't enough money leftover for me to get anything anyway lol.

Soooooo this. ^^^
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

This is the biggest draw back of having joint accounts.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Do people actually surprise their spouses with a car for Christmas? I mean, does that ever really happen?

I suspect my wife would be miffed that she wasn't involved in the decision process. Seems just a little presumptuous.

I've bought my wife a few cars for her birthdays. Not that I'm romantic or anything.

She just seems to break them in mid-summer for some reason.

And if I'm the one buying the car - she better be nothing but appreciative. If she wants an input, she can buy her own car.

Separate bank accounts, huh?

Do you at least let her out of the kitchen to get a little sunshine occasionally? Maybe to the mailbox and back (but only after her chores are done)?

I'd be pissed if someone "bought" me a "gift" and expected me to help pay for it.

It's not a sexist thing. If I bought you a car - you should be appreciative too and not complain about not getting an input - you can always sell it if you want (or re-gift it or whatever).

And, for the record, I'm the troll who works in the basement and never gets to see the sun. :drinker:

Wouldn't work in my situation...

...unless I gave my wife an allowance...

...or paid her for her contributions to our family...

...so I guess I'll have to stick with us buying each other gifts out of the joint account...

...and the two of us discussing any major financials purchases together.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Just bought it. A mutual decision.

Nissan Leaf (all the options) all electric.

We now own:
    Prius plug-in (for my long commute)
    Nissan Leaf (an urban run-about that we've yet to experience range anxiety)
    Toyota Sienna van (for when the Leaf doesn't have the range, or we need the hauling capacity).

With the solar panels, the prius and the leaf..........transportation costs have never been lower for the family.

south_park_smug_prius.png

:)
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love these threads....

I have repo'd a fair share of these "X-mas gifts"....just be sure you can afford it!

Happy Shopping!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I love these threads....

I have repo'd a fair share of these "X-mas gifts"....just be sure you can afford it!

Happy Shopping!

LOL best post...curious ever repo'ed on X-Mas?
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My dumbass ex husband traded my Honda Civic in without my consent (first brand new car I ever bought and paid off) and bought me a used smurf blue Santa Fe. Merry *kitten* Christmas, here's a car payment. Tool.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    unfortunately i don't have a wife...or that kind of money so I'm gonna go with hot wheels too.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    My dumbass ex husband traded my Honda Civic in without my consent (first brand new car I ever bought and paid off) and bought me a used smurf blue Santa Fe. Merry *kitten* Christmas, here's a car payment. Tool.

:laugh:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ha I'm glad I'm not the only one that does an epic eye roll at the commercials this time of year.
    I actually got a car last year..So sweet of my hubby right?

Actually No! He just dumped his old car on me and got a fancy one for himself..Prude!

Ha! Story of my life. I have his old car, old phone... still nicer than what I'd get myself so whatever but it's funny how that works out.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ha I'm glad I'm not the only one that does an epic eye roll at the commercials this time of year.
    I actually got a car last year..So sweet of my hubby right?

Actually No! He just dumped his old car on me and got a fancy one for himself..Prude!

Ha! Story of my life. I have his old car, old phone... still nicer than what I'd get myself so whatever but it's funny how that works out.

My wife is driving a new car and has a newer phone.

I must be doing it wrong.
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    Only if u can run her over with it!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I got my wife a car for Christmas last year. Not going to try to top it, but I did get her something that sparkles and refracts light for this Christmas.