2»

Replies

• altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Justpeachy78
    Options
    Hungry Girl does a "Broc Star" soup...its just Green Giant broccoli/cheese sauce with laughing cow added and then microwaved. Then you take that mixture and put it in the blender with milk. I use almond milk. It is absolutely deeelish! Pretty low cal, but the cheese is processed, which normally I avoid but in moderation its fine. And its a little high in sodium. But so easy to make!! 3 ingredients and you're done. Go to hungry-girl.com and check it out. Yum!:bigsmile:

I've tried this before and its delicious! Really like hungry girl
  • mistiegayle
    mistiegayle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump..:flowerforyou:
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    These will be good for Winter! Thanks!
  • Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Broccoli Cheese Soup
    Low Fat Recipe
    Ingredients:
    1 quart (4 cups) water
    6 cups broccoli florets
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 clove minced garlic
    1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    2 (10.5 ounce) cans reduced sodium chicken broth
    3/4 cup water
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 cup sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
    Bring 1 quart water to boil in large soup pot. Add broccoli and cook for 7 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender. Add broccoli and onion mixture in a blender or food processor and pulse blend into small pieces.
    Combine yogurt and flour in a large saucepan and mix well with a wire whisk. Add broth and next 4 ingredients and stir well. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli mixture and 3/4 cup cheese and heat until cheese is melted. Top with remaining cheese and serve.
    Recipe akes 10 Servings Broccoli Cheese Soup; Serving Size: 12 ounces

Nutrition information per serving:
    Calories: 105
    Total fat: 4g
    Saturated fat: 2g
    Cholesterol: 12mg
    Sodium: 280mg
    Carbohydrate: 9g
    Protein: 9g
    Dietary fiber: 2g

I made this one on the weekend. It turned out great, the only substitute I made was the stock. I used PC blue menu no salt added. I just had a bowl for lunch.
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    Options
    bump
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ntdrkyet
    Ntdrkyet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Bump :tongue:
  • melodious2878
    Options
    I love broccoli and cheese soup! Definitely going to try alteast one of these recipes!
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump for supper!
  • amandakay23
    Options
    mmmmmmm bump
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks good!

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/featured-brands/healthified-cheesy-potato-chowder.aspx

Healthified Cheesy Potato Chowder

71% less fat • 69% less sat fat • 50% more fiber than the original recipe—see the comparison. Chock-full of healthified ingredients, this is one soup you’ll want to chow down. The fat is drastically reduced while fiber is increased by going green with broccoli. From eatbetteramerica.
    Prep Time:30 min
    Start to Finish:1 hr
    makes:8 servings (1 1/4 cups each)

6 medium red potatoes (2 lb), unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    1 carton (32 oz) Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen broccoli cuts
    1/3 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
    1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
    8 oz brick 2% milk reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)*
    1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
    4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)

1. In 5-quart Dutch oven, place potatoes; add just enough water to cover. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain. Reserve 1 cup potatoes; return remaining potatoes to saucepan. In small bowl, mash reserved potatoes with fork; return to saucepan.
    2. Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Add broccoli. Return to boiling; cook uncovered 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium.
    3. In small bowl with wire whisk, stir flour into milk until well mixed. Add milk mixture to potato mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in sour cream and green onions; cook until thoroughly heated.
    4. To serve, ladle soup into bowls.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 710mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g); Protein 13g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15% Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Medium-Fat Meat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

I have tried this soup and it is AMAZING!!! -
    http://dontpassthemeat.blogspot.com/2011/01/cheesy-broccoli-potato-chowdah.html

Also, Cooking Light has a really good Broccoli Cheese soup, just go to www.cookinglight.com and search broccoli cheese soup.
  • ralena
    ralena Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    this is a south beach diet recipe, I have made it tons of times. SOOOO easy and fast

1 pound frozen winter style veggies (broccoli and cauliflower)
    1 1/2 can low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
    1/2 10-ounce can of diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chilies
    4-5 ounces low-fat creamy cheese, such as Velveeta Light, cubed

Instructions
    Place the veggies, tomatoes, and broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Add the cheese and let it melt as you stir it. Mash up veggies or leave them whole.
  • kwhite1205
    Options
    All those recipes sound delicious.
  • mandalynne85
    Options
    bump