TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Magic Meatloaf

2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
    2 large eggs
    2/3 cup quick cooking oats
    1 package dry onion soup mix
    1/2 cup ketchup

Put 2 tablespoons of the ketchup aside. Combine ground beef, eggs, oats, soup mix, and remaining ketchup. Shape into a loaf. Place in crock-pot. Top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of ketchup. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours (or high for 4 to 6 hours).
  • michellelandis33
    Options
    PUT ROAST BEEF OR PORK IN IT...POUR 1 BOTTLE OF YOUR FAVORITE BBQ SAUCE OVER IT AND AT A LITTLE WATER...AND PEPPER...COOK ON LOW FOR 8 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT AND SERVE ON ROLLS...SOO EASY SOOO DELICIOUS!!
  • sflemmer
    Options
    I'm making chicken curry tonight and it's SO GOOD.

2-3 pounds chicken breast or thighs
    1 diced onion
    16 oz salsa or picante sauce
    2 tbs curry
    Cook on low 8 hours, add 1 cup sour cream 30 minutes before it's done.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy. I'll try these recipes. Thanks.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have to share with you, because I just made an old recipe I've made millions of time different... and OMG I loved it!!

lightly brown chicken breasts,or chkn tenderloins,,, whole chicken,,, ALL SKINLESS!!! whatever kinda chicken parts you prefer
    add them after you brown them to the crock pot... then add fresh mushrooms, onions.. myself I also brown them a little before adding them to the Crockpot then add 1 can of Progresso Garlic sauce starter... salt an pepper (Optional)

Next time I'm going to do it with like pork and/or steak also

I did serve mine over brown rice the first day... then wheat penne pasta the next...

Hope this helps you and good luck :happy:
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have to share with you, because I just made an old recipe I've made millions of time different... and OMG I loved it!!

lightly brown chicken breasts,or chkn tenderloins,,, whole chicken,,, ALL SKINLESS!!! whatever kinda chicken parts you prefer
    add them after you brown them to the crock pot... then add fresh mushrooms, onions.. myself I also brown them a little before adding them to the Crockpot then add 1 can of Progresso Garlic sauce starter... salt an pepper (Optional)

I did serve mine over brown rice the first day... then wheat penne pasta the next...

How long do you cook it? Low or high?
  • andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsGilligan12
    MrsGilligan12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My crock pot cooks for me at least 4 days a week!

My fave: 1 bag frozen spinach, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 8 oz block of cream cheese, 1 bag frozen ravioli. Low for 6 hours. Amazing.

Kids and hubby thought they would hate it, but loved: Small head of cabbage chopped, 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth, 2 packs of smoked kielbasa sausages.

Super fast: 1 bottle of Italian dressing, chicken legs, cut up potatoes

Pounded out beef steaks, 1 can mushroom soup, 1 pack of onion soup powder, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup water

Chicken breast, cream of chicken soup, 8 oz sour cream, a box of stove top on top. I have cooked this too long and the chicken shredded. It was still yummy though.

Another favorite: Cut up potatoes on the bottom with 1 cup chicken stock or water. Balls of foil on top with dry rubbed, seared chicken legs or quarters on top. I used paprika, garlic powder, onion flakes, salt and pepper. Low for 8 hrs.

I have also done the chicken breast, salsa, beans, velveeta, shredded. It was great!
  • hellakitties
    hellakitties Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Posting to follow. These sound amazing!
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing I do in the crock pot is .. 3 chicken breasts. 1 Jar Hot Salsa.

Cook low +/-8 hours or high +/-6 hours

Shred the chicken, and mix with the cooking liquid.

This is great for tacos, nachos, burritos ..

I recommend HOT salsa, as most of the spice cooks out. Medium Salsa will leave this rather flavorless ...

I def could get on board with this one!!! :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet (in the crock pot now), but I'm serving pulled pork tonight. I used pork loin (it was on sale, I was going to buy just pork butt/shoulder) and threw that in with beer (2 bottles since it was 5.8lbs of pork), cayanne, cumin, chili powder, and a tablespoon of brown sugar. I'm cooking that on low all day, and tonight I'll drain most of the liquid and add a bottle of BBQ sauce.
    To update, this ended up being fantastic. Because my loin was huge, I split off half before adding the BBQ sauce and put that in the fridge, and I'll probably add black beans, corn, and salsa for a mexican meal later this week.

BBQ sauce was great for the pulled pork though. I'm definitely making this again.
  • fitmek
    Options
    I do this ~once a week:

-Around 1 pound of boneless/skinless chicken breasts (raw or frozen)
    -1 jar of salsa (any kind, my favorite is Newman's Own Black Bean and Corn)

Just put the chicken in the crock pot before work and pour the jar of salsa over it. Cook it on low until you get home! Shred with two forks and then you can do tons of stuff with it.

1) Over brown rice with various toppings (black beans, tomatoes, sour cream, jalopenos, etc.)
    2) In tortillas like a fajita or taco
    3) plain with just a fork
    4) add some sour cream and hot sauce and dip tortilla chips in it

It is also great left over!

This sounds so good!!! Def trying this!
  • fitmek
    Options

Thank you, this sounds really good!