5 ingrediants or less/crockpot

Options

Replies

• jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    chicken breasts boneless skinless, paprika, garlic, season salt, lowfat or fat free Italian dressing. 4 hours on high in crockpot. This is an awesome, easy recipe and if you have extra and want to make a lowfat chicken salad for sandwiches. Just shred leftover chicken add lowfat mayo and a tiny bit of relish and you got a healthy alternative to chicken salad from the deli.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet (in the crock pot now), but I'm serving pulled pork tonight. I used pork loin (it was on sale, I was going to buy just pork butt/shoulder) and threw that in with beer (2 bottles since it was 5.8lbs of pork), cayanne, cumin, chili powder, and a tablespoon of brown sugar. I'm cooking that on low all day, and tonight I'll drain most of the liquid and add a bottle of BBQ sauce.

If you add some apple cider vinegar and a binder like tomato paste you don't need to drain and add bbq sauce, you already made it.
  • Irontri7
    Irontri7 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    In for the ideas
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just got a crockpot so I am marking this post for later. :)
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't use a crock pot, I just use a really tall pot with a tight fitting lid :)

2lb of chicken
    2 cans of canelli/white beans
    32OZ of chicken stock
    8oz of cut green chillies

add cumin, salt, garlic, and cayenne pepper (or some spicy peppers) cook on low for 2-3 hrs, mix in sour cream and top with shredded cheese and cilantro! Delish!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Magic Meatloaf

2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
    2 large eggs
    2/3 cup quick cooking oats
    1 package dry onion soup mix
    1/2 cup ketchup

Put 2 tablespoons of the ketchup aside. Combine ground beef, eggs, oats, soup mix, and remaining ketchup. Shape into a loaf. Place in crock-pot. Top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of ketchup. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours (or high for 4 to 6 hours).

Ok I have to try this. Been craving meatloaf!
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas! I always cook 2 meals b/c I'm a vegetarian and the boyfriend is not...would like to start using the crockpot more to my advantage for at least 1 person's meal... I will add that I have an easy meal in today, but it's not THE healthiest:

1 lb beef sirloin tips
    1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 can condensed french onion soup
    2 cloves garlic minced
    pepper to taste

Making wide egg noodles to serve over.
  • MrsElguapo
    MrsElguapo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am going to try that-thanks for sharing!
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • kp82883
    kp82883 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    3-4 large chicken breasts
    2 jars of salsa
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 cup water
    1 can black beans

My crockpot gets very hot so I did on high for 3 hours then pulled the chicken and ate it plain, on rice, and in taco shells.

You could do low for 6-8 hours.
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump for later...great thread
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I often do "taco chicken" - just chicken thighs and/or breasts, a can of tomatos, a can of chiles, some chili powder or other spices and whatever veggies and or beans sound good. Let it cook on low for 8+ hours, shred with two forks and eat in tacos, with rice, with veggies or by itself!

THIS. I did this sunday and I am STILL eating it. It's sooooooooooooo stinking good!!
  • achantee
    achantee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • dalh
    dalh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yummy bump!
  • yoshie45
    yoshie45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chicken, can of corn or frozen corn, Jar of salsa, can of beans. Then I use it throughout the week with:
    - tortilla as the filling.
    - with cheese and tortilla chips as a dip.
    - with a sauce for rice.

I have also thrown chicken in there with barbecue sauce and served it with rice or as a filling with a healthier version of a pulled pork sandwich.

If you want to get fancy 2 cans cream of mushroom (or celery) 1.25 cups water a pot roast, onion soup mix... mix together at your choice of pot roast meat no more than 5 lbs and coat it with the mixture cook on low for 8-9 hrs and youll have your pot roast best part is it makes it own gravy.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    a chili is good to make: beans, diced tomatoes, beef or turkey, veg broth, spices, tomato paste.

also google 365 days of slowcooking there is an awesome blog with all sorts of recipes.

you can also throw a whole chicken in a cook in in the slow cooker and add veggies in with it or just prepare veggies on the side
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    bump