women 5'5 goal weight?

Options

Replies

• JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just wondering what your goal weight is? Right now I'm aiming for 125-130 but might go lower once I get there.

I'm 5'6 Healthy weight 118-145 depends on muscle mass and how you want to shape you're body...Whats you're body fat is what should be the focus....Body fat should range 18% real fit-24% max....For me the scale doesn't help me much I only lost a little but lowered my body fat I went from 29% to 24%.I currently weigh 160 which I think is heavy but my body fat says I'm considered fit.My goal is 135 because how my muscle mass I'm not even sure if it's possible for me to do without losing lean muscle..
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Another 5' 5" person here... Highest weight ever is 178 - AWFUL, don't do it lol

Goal currently is 126 lbs, currently fluctuating between 136-138.

I'm much much happier at 136 than 148 which i was for a long time in a plateau, those 10 pounds have made a massive difference so I'm hoping the next 10lbs will make even more of a difference.

Alongside that I also need to massively exercise and tone up as even though I'm a UK 8-10 (US 4-6) I'm still quite what you'd call "doughy".

Anyway I'm not really in a brilliant "dieting" frame of mind at the moment so if I can maintain 136-138 until I get there again that's fine with me.
  • lequire
    lequire Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started at 167 and got down to 140 with muscle before slowly gaining 10 lbs this year. I like the way I feel at 140 but UGW would probably be 125.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I feel like my goal of 140 is so high compared to most of these. :blushing:
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 I've never been the size I am now though I have some to go.. I am 139lbs and my current short term goal is 133, I'm just seeing how I change and going by that :)
  • mlelie
    mlelie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 149, which is also higher than most here. After I hit that goal, I plan to really tone up. If I decide that I want to lose more after that, then I will set another goal.
  • eims_
    eims_ Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and aiming for 110-115 but I'm happy to just regulate my habits and patterns and see what weight feels good for me as opposed to strict numbers. I've weighed much less through being unhealthy so I figure this weight seems to be when I'm at my most balanced and content.
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was 125 but if you look at my profile pic I weight 10 lbs more than that.. muscle weighs more than fat ladies and eating food is enjoyable.. LIFT LIFT LIFT!!
  • SonyaRu
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 3/4 and my goal is also 145...I am 195 so I have much to do....I got stuck 8 weeks ago so I am refocused and ready to go....lets stay tuned :-)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options

I don't think this is high at all. I think weight is only one small measure of how fit someone is. I'd rather be a fit, curvy and strong 140 than a skinny fat 120.

As someone who is currently at 148 (5'5") and 26% body fat, my focus is more on dropping body fat and keeping lean muscle than trying to get to an ultimate scale weight. Due to a severe ankle injury, I'm basically banned from all forms of cardio until early spring so my focus is on weight lifting and little to no cardio until Feb. I'm 3 1/2 weeks back into lifting and so far I've lost 1 pound, but I'm down 3 inches and my pants are getting loose, so something's working.

ETA: my profie pic was from right before I shattered my ankle...I weighed 145 in that pic. Weight isn't everything.
  • SonyaRu
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 3/4 do I qualify for this group lol....aint 5'6" so here I sit.... I have lost 26 lbs since joining this, 37lbs all together. I am currently 195, was 190 but I fell off. I really need to get to the 180s to feel great about my commitment. Today I am back on the grind to fitness and the ideal weight for me. I have a goal to see 145 but my milestones are set for 189, 183, 177, 170.5, 163, 154, 151, 147....omg I am sooooo excited. I need to break the 190 cycle soon. I am interested in toning and really reshaping this frame. I must make more time for fitness and fitfun!
  • SonyaRu
    Options
    10 off in a week! YOU ROCK!!!
  • sonhando
    sonhando Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 148. My goal is to get back to where I was 2 years ago.. around 133.

New job with daily "food bringers" and me not stepping up my willpower or exercise finds me here now 15 lbs heavier. Ugh... Well at least I didn't gain back all 26 pounds I had originally lost.
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi! Just wondering what your goal weight is? Right now I'm aiming for 125-130 but might go lower once I get there.

I know it's a flawed method, but since I'm not all that muscular or old I'm trying for a BMI somewhere on the mid-normal range. So around 55kg (121lbs). I started out at a little over 70kg (154lbs), and now I'm at 60kg (132lbs). But as it is, I've started eating closer to maintenance, because I'm actually getting pretty happy about my body. In the spring I'm going to start working out more and build a little more muscle.

Edit: I'm 5'1"
  • sweetpea129
    Options

I don't think this is high at all. I think weight is only one small measure of how fit someone is. I'd rather be a fit, curvy and strong 140 than a skinny fat 120.

As someone who is currently at 148 (5'5") and 26% body fat, my focus is more on dropping body fat and keeping lean muscle than trying to get to an ultimate scale weight. Due to a severe ankle injury, I'm basically banned from all forms of cardio until early spring so my focus is on weight lifting and little to no cardio until Feb. I'm 3 1/2 weeks back into lifting and so far I've lost 1 pound, but I'm down 3 inches and my pants are getting loose, so something's working.

ETA: my profie pic was from right before I shattered my ankle...I weighed 145 in that pic. Weight isn't everything.

Totally agree. I know that i have quite a bit of muscle and weigh more than most people think. I wear a size 6 and am 150 lbs. I think anything lower than 140 may start causing loss of muscle for me. This is me the other day at 150 lbs. I think i look to be in a healthy range. Honestly if i lost 30 lbs im not sure it would look good or be healthy.

null_zpsb33824e6.jpg
  • KarenNFiske
    Options
    I started out weighing 200 lbs and my original goal was to weigh 150 lbs. I'm now at 128 lbs and my goal is to weigh 125 or less but not under 115

38895303.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kellybellyjellyn
    Options
    Hey, 5'5 and started at 266lb

Currently 167lb.

Goal weight set at 140lb

I have a large build, 6 1/2 inch wrists.. going by that method and like others have said I don't want to be thin, I'd like to be slim, toned and curvy... THAT BODY !

Some family members have commented I don't need to lose anymore weight, I'm fine with where I am now and many said If I got to 140 I'd look too thin ! But 140 is upper limit of bmi normal so I'm going to keep going until I get there !! Will then revaluate !

Good Luck all ! x
  • kellybellyjellyn
    Options

Totally agree. I know that i have quite a bit of muscle and weigh more than most people think. I wear a size 6 and am 150 lbs. I think anything lower than 140 may start causing loss of muscle for me. This is me the other day at 150 lbs. I think i look to be in a healthy range. Honestly if i lost 30 lbs im not sure it would look good or be healthy.

null_zpsb33824e6.jpg

YOU LOOK AMAZING !!! GREAT MOTIVATION WELL DONE !!
  • PDReader
    PDReader Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I went on a diet in high school and starved myself down to 117. And I do mean starved. I was SO hungry at the end of the day I didn't know what to do.

In college I started running 20 miles a week and watching every little bite I ate. I mean if I liked it, I couldn't eat it. :( I got down to 135 lbs, my pants were a size 8, I felt very fit. But people still told me I looked fat. I got sick of it and gave up because it was very time consuming, I was sick of the dietary restrictions, and I couldn't make my butt and legs look like a model's in a magazine no matter how hard I worked. I simply wasn't willing to work any harder than that, and I was in a very demanding program and needed more time to study.

After my husband's death from a brain tumor this year I now weigh 219, down from 230. I can tell you that everything lost was muscle, because I have never looked like such a fat Michelin-woman lump of lard in my life. I put 145 as my goal, but seeing how hard it was to maintain 135 when I was 20 and able to run, I don't know how realistic this is. Started raw vegan cuisine so I hope this will help.
  • sweetpea129
    Options
    Thank you Kelly! Great job yourself lady!!