Replies

• lakeshajacobs
    lakeshajacobs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS ONE THANY YOU.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm having this problem as well. I have changed the battery. It keeps saying to check the heart rate transmitter. I was having to make sure to put it in just the right place so it would pick up. Now, it's not picking anything up at all, no matter what I do.

pretty much the same here..worked great for last few months...I always rinsed with some soap...hung dry...changed out batteries in watch and sensor....can now find heart rate here and their...useless at this point:(
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Omg, SO glad I came across this thread - my HRM's been a bit problematic recently - had to change the watch battery which was no bother, but then thought I had to change the transmitter battery - did that, but no change - put the original battery back in, gave the strap a good hand scrub in the sink with detergent and voila - it's working again!

The value of a good old fashioned hand wash - thanks everyone :smile:
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I was having the same issues after about 10months of using it. I put it on one day and it gave super high readings. So I thought the battery was dying and replaced it. After, I couldnt get it to pick up my heart rate. I bought a new strap, readjusted it, made sure it was tight enough. It would keep giving me the "00" though. I finally had it shipped off to the polar repair center and am waiting for it to get back. I think the sensor was bad, but not sure., Will let you all know when I get it back!
  • fat2fit72014
    Options
    I love mine too. I haven't had any issues like you say...though my watch seemed to run away. I spend more time and energy trying to find it than I should, but hey its burning calories while I tear the house up!

Hope it gets resolved :(
  • dmgwalsh
    dmgwalsh Posts: 11
    Options
    Glad I found this post. Been having the same problem. Just washed it with dish soap and voila, I got an instant reading!
  • Chakra_090
    Options
    I have similar problem. My Ft4 worked great for 10 months or so and then started having problems. I replaced batteries and strap but, still getting 00 readings.

i am going to call Polar and send it for repair. Not sure if it is worth it or just get a new one..but, if I have replace one every year it would suck..this time I'll buy from a store so that I can return it if need be.
  • DerekConradie
    DerekConradie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Interesting reading the above comments regarding batteries, washing, etc.
    I know that my sensor is transmitting correctly because when I'm on the Wattbike it picks it up without a problem for the duration of the ride, never missing a beat. But for the entire workout my watch will not pick up my sensor at all. Nada, nothing, zero. This has been happening now for the last few days.
    I know that this thread is quite old now, but hopefully there is someone around that can offer a spot of advise? Maybe even someone from Polar who trolls around on these forums?