Clean Eating Clarification

Options
124»

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness though. What is a Funyun? And is it more tempting and less clean than peanut butter and jam on crackers?

Toroidal, onion-flavored cornmeal extruded to appear as if they are battered and fried 'onion rings'.

They are gross.

1307491046-funyuns-original.gif
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Funyuns are awesome.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Funyuns are awesome.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I never got the obsession with Funyons... I thought they were icky.

LULZ at the list.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Funyuns are awesome.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness though. What is a Funyun? And is it more tempting and less clean than peanut butter and jam on crackers?

Toroidal, onion-flavored cornmeal extruded to appear as if they are battered and fried 'onion rings'.

They are gross.

Oh, okay. Yeah, we have something like that here, they taste like sour cream and onion flavored styrofoam rings. I'll take the peanut butter, fruit and crackers anyday.
  • CTONDO
    CTONDO Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't eat Funyuns, nor do I do clean eating. I eat what I like and follow my own low calorie plan. I was only responding to the topic.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

They are gross.

Oh, okay. Yeah, we have something like that here, they taste like sour cream and onion flavored styrofoam rings. I'll take the peanut butter, fruit and crackers anyday.

I used to think Funyuns were awesome, but I haven't had them, in a while...like years. However, if it was anything like the obsession with Little Debbie Cakes that I had week before last, they're not good anymore. I ate half a package of a Zebra Cake and was completely disappointed. I blame it on my 40/60 diet. D*mn you, fresh fruit, real cheese, and home baked pastries!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Anyone else tired of hearing about "clean" eating?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    I don't eat Funyuns, nor do I do clean eating. I eat what I like and follow my own low calorie plan. I was only responding to the topic.

I wasn't picking on you. I was picking on "...for Dummies". You're cool.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    Funyuns are awesome.

I used to eat Funyuns and bean dip, when I was a kid. How wrong is that? lol!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I used to think Funyuns were awesome, but I haven't had them, in a while...like years. However, if it was anything like the obsession with Little Debbie Cakes that I had week before last, they're not good anymore. I ate half a package of a Zebra Cake and was completely disappointed. I blame it on my 40/60 diet. D*mn you, fresh fruit, real cheese, and home baked pastries!

I totally get this! Zebra cakes pale in comparison to anything I bake myself now. I had some little debbie cosmic brownies a while ago, and halfway through one, I threw the other half away. So not worth the calories if it's less than satisfying!
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Funyuns are awesome.

temper-tantrum-o.gif
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    [/quote]

I totally get this! Zebra cakes pale in comparison to anything I bake myself now. I had some little debbie cosmic brownies a while ago, and halfway through one, I threw the other half away. So not worth the calories if it's less than satisfying!
    [/quote]

I know, right?! I've spoiled myself, and processed snack cakes hold no joy for me, now. *snaps fingers*
  • CTONDO
    CTONDO Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I didn't think you were picking on me, lol.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

I didn't think you were picking on me, lol.

Okie dokie. Just wanted to clarify, just in case. :wink: