Breakfast.

Options
2»

Replies

• missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Well, some of y'all have a weakness to just about everything edible, but I'm not saying anything.

yah yah...I know...but at least I don't eat processed junk :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    we like to make "egg in a basket" sometimes, but maybe my favorite is oatmeal? i'm not much of a breakfast eater. usually breakfast is a couple cups of coffee.

but when i have it, i love egg sandwiches, or eggs & kale or egg in a basket, hard boiled eggs, apples, toast and jam (really love that, but don't have it often enough!) or omelets with leftovers from the night before.
  • GrandmaCarolyn
    Options
    I eat a small breakfast and a large lunch or brunch about 3 hours later. Favorites are oatmeal, Crunchy Corn Bran, raisin bran or french toast with as much egg soaked up as possible. I add sugar free Mrs Butterworths or sugar free jam.
    A thick milkshake that is very filling for a snack or any meal is : 1 cup plain non fat yogurt, 1 cup frozen blackberries, 1/4 cup fat free cream cheese and as much sweetener as needed. It is about 300 calories, 1 gm fat, 940 sodium, and 7 grams fiber. But to be honost, it is better during warm weather.
    Foods high in fiber and/or high in protein fill me up and hold me over the best, and I love nutty whole grain flavors. When I was in nursing school I found that a hard boiled egg, a piece of toast and a can of low salt V8 kept me from passing out during surgery and other scary demonstrations so I have been hooked on eating SOMETHING for breakfast since then.
    Carol
  • rayfromtx
    rayfromtx Posts: 111
    Options
    I stay under 300 calories for breakfast and try to get lots of protein at the same time. Typical breakfasts for me would be one of the following.

1 beef fajita taco
    2 chicken fajita taco with beans
    3 sausage and egg taco
    4 1/2 cup dried bob's red mill old fashioned oatmeal with 1 cup skim milk. cover and microwave on high for 1 minute and 50 seconds. let stand and add truvia and fruit. making oatmeal with skim milk instead of water makes it much better.
    5 there are other choices that include bacon and eggs but the compromises required to stay below 300 calories makes them unfulfilling.
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter toast.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I work nights, so I'm often eating whatever I'm fixing for the family for dinner for my first meal of the day. When I get home from work I often like a poached egg (in the microwave. It's super easy) and cheese on an English muffin. It's more high calorie than some things, but it fills me up for a long time.
  • tashie1990
    tashie1990 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I find wenever i have a good Breakfast, i dnt eat as much the rest of the day. I try to have protein (usually egg) maybe an omlette without the cheese with ham or egg beans & a waffle is good
  • Beach_Chica
    Options
    I stay under 300 calories for breakfast and try to get lots of protein at the same time. Typical breakfasts for me would be one of the following.

1 beef fajita taco
    2 chicken fajita taco with beans
    3 sausage and egg taco
    4 1/2 cup dried bob's red mill old fashioned oatmeal with 1 cup skim milk. cover and microwave on high for 1 minute and 50 seconds. let stand and add truvia and fruit. making oatmeal with skim milk instead of water makes it much better.
    5 there are other choices that include bacon and eggs but the compromises required to stay below 300 calories makes them unfulfilling.

A taco? lol I can't bring myself to eat a corn shell taco..especially in the AM. Maybe you're referring to something else and I'm absolutely clueless. I'm trying to stay away from red meat as much as possible [no bacon, sausage, etc]. That's one of the things that helped me get fat. I had my first piece of red meat last night since I've been doing MFP again and I'm scared to get on the scale. Good thing I didn't eat very much of it.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i didn't mention it before because i go through phases with it, but i'm totally *in* on a yogurt phase (home made) and i love it with blueberry flax granola.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love a good breakfast. My fav is an egg & 1/4 c egg beaters, laughing cow, canadian bacon, mushrooms & spinach... all thrown together. It makes me VERY happy in the morning when I have this to eat.

Some other favs of mine are... yogurt w/ granola & fresh fruit (usually blueberries). Multigrain waffles w/ peanut butter. Good ole multigrain cheerios w/ honey.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I love the breakfast sandwiches at Subway, but they can get a bit pricey. So I make my own alternative.

Sandwich thin, 2 egg whites, laughing cow cheese wedge, slice of smoked deli ham, bell peppers & onions.

Really tasty and keeps me full for hours! Low calorie as well.