Black Friday - whatcha doin'? whereya goin'?

Options
leslisa
leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
Goin' out?
Where ya goin'?
What yur buyin'?
What's yur "standard"
What (if any) shoppin' yur doin' on Turkey

- Goin' out?: Yes

- Where I'm goin': Sports Authority

- What I'm buyin': $120 bike, 2 Adidas Extra support sports bras(50% off); 2 Footballs (B1G1); free weights(25% off)

- Standard: Bealls Outlet - Usually 95% off all clearance (regardless what the dot says) so I get work out clothes super cheap - waiting to see if they are doing same deal this year. Take someone over fifty and get an extra 10 or 15%.

- Shopping on turkey day? No way - that is family time :smile:

Anyone know of any kick butt deals on medicine balls, yoga balls, and/or free weights?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I'm moving out of the city and into the suburbs that day...

nah, i think I'm buying my nieces christmas gifts, maybe a digitial camera for my wife and probably some fishing gear that's on sale.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Wow I didnt know the bra's are 50% off. I might just head there!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

<insert joke here>
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'll be asleep. Although I could use a new jump drive.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'll be in St. Maarten, but I still plan to check out the Black Friday deals online at Amazon and Best Buy.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I'll be at my sister's making mulitple trips between the couch and the kitchen. that is all.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'll be at my sister's making mulitple trips between the couch and the kitchen. that is all.

Sounds similar to my plans.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    sadly I will be working Thursday and Friday (some one gotta ring up the customers)
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    No where, I refuse to shop and stand in line. I will be spending time trying to relax and workout. I'll either do most of my shopping online or wait until lines die down and see what's left.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I hate black Friday !!! Unfortunately my sister's drag me out to a shopping center in Montgomery :grumble:
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be at home watching back episodes of Scandal on Netflix.
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be at home watching back episodes of Scandal on Netflix.

YES!!! Lol
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm going to sleep.
    I don't need anything material nor to stand in line for anything. I cleaned the entire apartment last night, so that's good 'nuff for me <3.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Nowhere and nothing. All y'all shopping fanatics kind of freak me out.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I refuse to be part of any such thing.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I typically avoid Black Friday like the plague, but I am in desparate need of a new TV. I'm going to be limited in where I can go since I have to leave for work by 7am, so I'll be scouring the ads to find my best option. Would consider going out on Thanksgiving if the deal is right, never done that before either. Cyber Monday never seems to have deals as good as Black Friday on TV's (that I've seen anyway).
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Ive honestly never attended this craziness until last year.. I was dragged there against my will and I have to admit, I was impressed with how good the deals really were.
    I mean I bought all kinds of stuff and walked out with a bill of less than $200.

Computer
    15 HDMI cables
    Shop Vac
    iclock
    HP printer
    Sound Bar

I dunno if I'll do it again.. the people were nuts.. stealing stuff out of each others carts.. The rush for Pirex was a little stupid. Old ladies fighting over cookware was youtube level.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

<insert joke here>

if you come over to my place, it'd be 100% off
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    *eye twitch*

as someone with the good fortune to work at the mall on Black Friday at my second job /sarcasm/ I refuse to join in on the Black Friday festivities out of principle particularly because it has already in a few short years started to cut more and more into Thanksgiving.

And while some people may not want to spend time with their families, there are some who do and those are usually the people who have to work so that the others can shop! (especially when working on Black Friday is a mandatory shift to be "fair" to all employees)

*additional eye twitch*

E2A: I don't work retail, I just have the good fortune of managing a fast food restaurant that happens to reside in the mall.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have to work. And I don't work retail, either. I am planning on doing Small Business Saturday, though.