"Buy any EVM and get a McRib for $1"

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    It is your body, but I would suggest staying away from the raw chicken breast.

LOL. Thanks for the tip. (And in case you aren't kidding, I'd obviously cook it, I'd just weigh it raw).
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Never had one...never will. :sick:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Oh yes McDonalds will make you fat if you eat it! If you don't work(it)out or you don't work it in. So yeah a little of both.

McRib is not "just a fatty cut of meat" though. Its remnants of other meat processing and stabilizers and flavor enhancers mushed together and formed into a "patty" in all its styrofoam-like pre-cooked glory. Remember "pink slime"? Yeah. If you burn the calories or work it in, you can sure work it in and be "fine". However, I know I dont feel "fine" after eating them, and the MSG and stabilizers and flavor enhancers and colors are not really something I'd prefer to consume anyways, and I dont know which one(s) exactly has an effect on me. Maybe if you aren't sensitive to MSG you won't have any perceived issues eating this, and you probably wouldn't if you didn't eat a lot of it, but there is plenty of reason for repulsion to this kind of food that isn't resolved by "just work it in".

McRib Pork Patty

Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Dextrose, Preservatives (BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid)
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Lets say I had a deluxe quarter pound no cheese, no mayo (this is how I order burgers), med fries AND a Mc Rib.

Calories: 1530
    Carbs: 134g
    Fiber: 11g
    Fat: 63g
    Protein: 53g

I could totally fit that in and not be over my TDEE (2500) and eating over you TDEE is what makes you fat.

Hmm, so what you're saying is I can eat as many calories of fat a day as long as I am under my TDEE? So Crisco all day long wont make me fat as long as I am under TDEE?

Not sure I agree with the math here... there is more to it than just TDEE.

Do you think I would gain fat if I ate only 3000 calories of veggies a day?

1. Your body composition would probably suck, but yes.

2. For health, yes there is more to it than just TDEE, which is why I listed protein and fiber there. That meal actually has a decent amount of both.

3. Yes and you'd be bloated as hell.

I like you.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Oh yes McDonalds will make you fat if you eat it! If you don't work(it)out or you don't work it in. So yeah a little of both.

McRib is not "just a fatty cut of meat" though. Its remnants of other meat processing and stabilizers and flavor enhancers mushed together and formed into a "patty" in all its styrofoam-like pre-cooked glory. Remember "pink slime"? Yeah. If you burn the calories or work it in, you can sure work it in and be "fine". However, I know I dont feel "fine" after eating them, and the MSG and stabilizers and flavor enhancers and colors are not really something I'd prefer to consume anyways, and I dont know which one(s) exactly has an effect on me. Maybe if you aren't sensitive to MSG you won't have any perceived issues eating this, and you probably wouldn't if you didn't eat a lot of it, but there is plenty of reason for repulsion to this kind of food that isn't resolved by "just work it in".

McRib Pork Patty

Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Dextrose, Preservatives (BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid)

The horror!!!!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options

McRib Pork Patty

In other words, it's perfectly ****ing harmless. These "clean eating" freaks need to get over themselves! :laugh:
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It is your body, but I would suggest staying away from the raw chicken breast.

LOL. Thanks for the tip. (And in case you aren't kidding, I'd obviously cook it, I'd just weigh it raw).

I choke mine first.

Ooopss, wrong thread.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Lets say I had a deluxe quarter pound no cheese, no mayo (this is how I order burgers), med fries AND a Mc Rib.

I could totally fit that in and not be over my TDEE (2500) and eating over you TDEE is what makes you fat.

^^^ this

McDonalds doesn't make people fat. Eating too much makes you fat. Being able to enjoy all the foods you want in moderation is an important life skill.

*eating McDonalds as I type this*
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Hmm, so what you're saying is I can eat as many calories of fat a day as long as I am under my TDEE? So Crisco all day long wont make me fat as long as I am under TDEE?

My question had more to do with what you would do the rest of the day having eaten 1500 calories in one meal.

Just for fun:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/BusyLady406?date=2013-11-23
    Wow. Lucky you. At my age, on run days I might be able to do 2400 for maintenance.
  • jonnythan
    Options

My question had more to do with what you would do the rest of the day having eaten 1500 calories in one meal.

Just for fun:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/BusyLady406?date=2013-11-23
    Wow. Lucky you. At my age, on run days I might be able to do 2400 for maintenance.

That gives you almost 1000 calories for the rest of the day. Totally doable.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Mmmmm, McRib....

HT_mcrib_ml_131113_16x9_608.jpg

You do realize that they don't slaughter the cow right there in the back right? They have to freeze it and shipped it, it's just frozen. :huh:
    I just googled "frozen pork ribs" and "frozen spare ribs" for comparison.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Frozen ground pork"

Picture-058.gif
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options

I'd expected 80+ grams of protein from ~ 1500 cals.

Hey McD were'd the protein go? Removed during processing?

I don't understand how you're expecting to get more than about 50 grams of protein out of two meat patties. There's nothing missing here.
  • jonnythan
    Options

I'd expected 80+ grams of protein from ~ 1500 cals.

Hey McD were'd the protein go? Removed during processing?

I don't understand how you're expecting to get more than about 50 grams of protein out of two meat patties. There's nothing missing here.

I know right? More than half of the calories are from french fries and buns.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

^^^ this

McDonalds doesn't make people fat. Eating too much makes you fat. Being able to enjoy all the foods you want in moderation is an important life skill.

*eating McDonalds as I type this*
    Eating Lucky Charms as I agree with this.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Nuggets with red fibers and hair......tasty!
    72c0e79c-76e0-4a3a-a8ff-b560de20c6d8_zps08115187.jpg
    -gack-

Not keen on McD's myself (I was soooo ill after eating one once and I forever associate it with gastroenteritis) but everything looks gross under a microscope..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Frozen ground pork"

Picture-058.gif
    23vgmk7.jpg

Now I want ribs.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    For anyone who thinks the McNugget looks gross, go look at your fingernails under a microscope.

It goes something like this:

never_do_this.png
  • Mmmmm, McRib....

HT_mcrib_ml_131113_16x9_608.jpg

You do realize that they don't slaughter the cow right there in the back right? They have to freeze it and shipped it, it's just frozen. :huh:
    I just googled "frozen pork ribs" and "frozen spare ribs" for comparison.

I'm just admiring how uniform it is...

nice neat little stacks of the same looking piece of rib meat.

I admire their skill in accomplishing that.

(i'd totally eat a mcrib when I choose to fit it in my macros. which will not be today.)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    No wonder people are fat.

Terrible logic.