What are you eating for Thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat whatever I want, and however much I want. But lately I have been satisfied with MUCH less food than even a few months ago, so where I used to eat to heaping platefuls and then snack throughout the day, this year I will eat less. I am not going to worry about it for one day though.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I will probably go to Ruth's Chris and have a steak and mashed potatoes and cake, or pie, if they have pie..............
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    forget the food.
    drink the booze
    call it a day.

cersei-wine-game-of-thrones.gif
    GOT for the win!

Exactly!
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Anything I want. Not working out either....
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    It will just be my husband and I and all the restaurants around that are open are booked. I'm making my husband's favorite Lobster Mac and Cheese and some kind of pie from scratch...Decadent but simple.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Tofurkey.....That's great to know. I have a vegetarian coming for Thanksgiving. Is it good?
    I am a vegetarian. I have no problem finding enough to eat without there ever being Tofurkey.

As to the question about replacing meat with non-meat, sometimes we just like that stuff and it's an easy way to get protein. I don't eat animal flesh because I feel bad that an animal died so I could eat. But I still like the taste. It really isn't your business why anyone eats or doesn't eat certain things.
  • greenmamabecky
    Options
    That's going to be a complete cheat day for me. I'm going to work out extra hard the day before and day after, and probably go for a long walk but otherwise I'm going to relax, eat whatever I want and have a good time.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    All the foodz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have dinner at my mom's house and dinner at my boyfriend's house to attend. Most likely I will just eat small portions of everything and throw some kind of cardio in the mix.
  • JeniferEverx3
    Options
    Tofurkey.....That's great to know. I have a vegetarian coming for Thanksgiving. Is it good?

if you don't' eat meat why are you trying to replace a meat dish with fake meat?

I don't understand this concept.

I'm with you and I hate the term tofurkey or any other term that changes tofu into a name similiar to what it's being flavored as. It's tofu. Period. That's it. What are you having for thanksgiving? Tofu. Oh ok. :laugh:
  • RosegoldSQUID
    Options
    I made reservations at a restaurant that serves local, organic, fresh fare. It'll be a big 5 course meal. The main dishes will be rabbit and deer. There will also be a veggie soup, beet and kale salad, and pumpkin pie. I plan to eat at least a few bites of everything and not bother logging it. If it's just one meal then go for broke! Don't act like a garbage disposal and don't have rich meals all the time and it'll be fine! Feeding your soul is important too :)
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Thinking of either grilling (chicken for me and steak for the BF) or just picking up a rotisserie chicken. Sides will likely be veggies and some mac & cheese.
  • duscsm
    duscsm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking this year, and after reading all the other menus, I think I've over-planned! Might need to scale back a bit.

Turkey
    Stuffing
    Mashed potatoes
    gravy
    sweet potatoes
    green bean casserole
    sweet corn
    carrots
    sliced cucumbers
    pierogies
    mac n cheese
    rolls
    cranberry sauce
    pumpkin and apple pies with Whipped cream
    WINE

I'm not logging anything that day, either. Just gonna try to eat reasonable portions.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My cousin is hosting dinner again this year. He makes the turkey and main sides (all from scratch) and the rest of us bring snacks, another side or dessert. My dad makes homemade rolls and I normally bring a dessert or two. This year my mom wants me to make a caramel chocolate brownie pecan cream pie concoction and homemade ho-ho's. I'll also be making pimento cheese, since I got my mom hooked on it last year after not finding any of the jarred stuff.

I won't be counting and I'm not at all worried about it. I find that I generally eat less than I used to anyway, enjoy what I do have and any bump on the scale is small and manageable. This was one of the conditions I set on myself when I started here - I will enjoy life, I will take breaks, I will enjoy special occasions and I will pick up where I left off without guilt or feelings of failure. So far, so good!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I host and cook Thanksgiving every year - I make it all - :)

Turkey
    Roast beef - ( because we do ham christmas)
    mashed potatos - gravy
    stuffing
    sweet potato
    cheesy hashbrowns
    corn on the cob - mini
    green bean casserole
    dinner rolls and bicuits
    italian pasta salad
    deviled eggs
    veggie tray
    olives
    oreo fluff
    raspberry whip
    cranberries
    pecan pie
    pumpkin cheesecake
    chocolate peanutbutter pie
    and of course cuz there wont b enuf to eat lol - i have nuts and candy dishes out too lol :)
  • JeniferEverx3
    Options

Turkey
    mashed potatos - gravy
    stuffing
    sweet potato
    cheesy hashbrowns
    corn on the cob - mini
    green bean casserole
    dinner rolls and bicuits
    italian pasta salad
    deviled eggs
    veggie tray
    olives
    oreo fluff
    raspberry whip
    cranberries
    pecan pie
    pumpkin cheesecake
    and of course cuz there wont b enuf to eat lol - i have nuts and candy dishes out too lol :)

Can I come over? :bigsmile:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian. I have no problem finding enough to eat without there ever being Tofurkey.

As to the question about replacing meat with non-meat, sometimes we just like that stuff and it's an easy way to get protein. I don't eat animal flesh because I feel bad that an animal died so I could eat. But I still like the taste. It really isn't your business why anyone eats or doesn't eat certain things.

I don't care if you eat bird feathers and slug trails. beans and rice- sprouts and spinach. Whatever you want to eat- dirt- eat dirt for all I care. dirt- purified water and the tears of unicorns.

really I don't. What you want to eat is totally your business. I don't give a flying fck and never implied that I did. So you can back off the attitude thinking I'm judging you about your personal choices.

But I don't understand why it's "tofurkey" it's not a turkey- it's tofu. If you don't eat meat- why are they calling it meat? It's completely 100% illogical to me as to why you would call it that.

There is an entire market of food that's labelled as fake MEAT... something many people have a hard time eating because of moral and ethicals reasons. To me it's wildly confusing and contradictory to eat a fake product labelled after something they have moral and ethical issues with- I don't care about subbing in food or whatever- but it seems backwards and almost hypocritical.

I don't know- it's completely none nonsensical to me. Eat all the fake turkey you want. go right ahead. I was actually asking because I was curious if anyone had an actual answer for why they are okay with that- but whatever.

My dead turkey doesn't care if I eat it... it's dead. I'll enjoy mine you enjoy your's- and we'll call it a day!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'll be eating dinner twice (two houses to go to), and I plan on having turkey, ham, devilled eggs, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams, rolls, dessert and whatever else that I might have forgotten! I dont' care about calories, moderation, or portion control on Thanksgiving.

But then I'm working a Black Friday shift from 7:45pm-5:15am where I'm sure I'll burn off plenty of calories, and I get to come home, sleep for a few hours, and go back to work from 3:30pm-12:00am. :grumble:
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Turkey
    mashed potatos - gravy
    stuffing
    sweet potato
    cheesy hashbrowns
    corn on the cob - mini
    green bean casserole
    dinner rolls and bicuits
    italian pasta salad
    deviled eggs
    veggie tray
    olives
    oreo fluff
    raspberry whip
    cranberries
    pecan pie
    pumpkin cheesecake

Can I come over? :bigsmile:

Sure - u can - the more the merrier:drinker: :laugh: and thanks