what have you eaten today that makes you feel guilty...

Options

Replies

• bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty but I had pho for lunch and the calories for that are super hard to pin down so I have no idea where I'm at calorie wise. It was totally delicious, though.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I have made a conscious effort to completely separate guilt and shame from food, so honestly, nothing.
    ^This. I've wasted too much energy on that ****. Even if I over-eat, even by a lot... I might wish I hadn't, and choose to do things differently the next day, but it's just food. It's not a moral issue; nothing to feel guilty about.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel. I don't feel guilty over fueling my body.

it is the over-fueling I am concerned about. :p

My favourite way to over-fuel was a dozen cannolis at one sitting, on a regular basis. Never felt guilty then, either.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    It's not WHAT I eat that gives me guilt. It's that I didn't plan my calories as well today and now it's 3pm and I only have ~300 calories left for the day and I have to head out for work in a few minutes! SO WORTH IT THOUGH.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I guess it's Friday- I could still feel damn guilty about SOMETHING tomorrow- the day is early yet- give it time

wink wink nudge nudge
  • rosemary98
    Options
    It's not WHAT I eat that gives me guilt. It's that I didn't plan my calories as well today and now it's 3pm and I only have ~300 calories left for the day and I have to head out for work in a few minutes! SO WORTH IT THOUGH.

exactly...that is how i feel. i had unplanned calories...not that they were bad.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My protein is a bit lower than I'd like today (to fit in calories) because of the popcorn I ate this afternoon. Balancing protein and carbs is an ongoing struggle for me so it really just "is", not a guilt thing. Overall my eating is much better and more sustainable since I let go of perfectionism and guilt associated with food.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I was traveling today and starving. I ended up stopping at Sonic and got a double bacon cheeseburger, fries and shake. Oh well! Back at it tomorrow.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I made homemade pork and beans, a very simple recipe actually, but I overate once with was ready because it was so good.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Seriously, I have guilt about what I eat and I even pounded some ice cream right out of the container while meeting a deadline for work.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    No guilt today, so far....but yesterday...

I felt guilty about NOT getting the fries. I had extra calories I could have used yesterday. :sad:
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    two cheeseburgers and Cajun fries....made at home. I couldn't justify getting fat AND spending money,
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I accidentally ate some raw breaded chicken things because my flatmate didn't want them and I hate waste (didn't realise they needed cooking). Sweet regret.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet. .I do however have some peanut m&m's calling my name. I will eat those after deadlifts tonight and I will not feel guilty about it.
  • dnak17
    dnak17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet...but about to go bar crawling...so yeah. Beer. And probably greasy drunk food if I'm going to be honest.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Food doesn't make me feel guilty, just full :)

I had lunch with my mom, split a big order of fish and chips, and a big piece of pie with ice cream :9

Shouldn't have ordered the ginger beer though, water was more than enough, so I feel guilty about that.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    Nothing, not even the pancakes I had for breakfast, as I am still within my goal at the end od the day and happier for having my treat.
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    I had 2 packs of whoppers, the small ones.
  • boys4rmine
    Options
    Subway 12" sub instead of just the 6"...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I never feel guilty over food. I do occasionally regret a food choice, but only if it makes me sick or was not good enough to justify the calories I spent on it.