Black Friday - whatcha doin'? whereya goin'?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I used to but I can honestly find the same things I'm looking for on amazon. Bonus is that I can shop from the comfort of my couch and bra less.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Working Thanksgiving day 7pm til 4am... :(
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    After years of practice, my mom and I have found all of the shops that are empty while all the crazy people are elsewhere on Black Friday. We will be going there, as usual.

One thing I will not be doing at all this season is spending a single dime in Wal-Mart. We will be doing our very best to support local, small businesses.

Yes, this. We do this also when we can, although normally it's not so easy. There aren't many here that sell stuff I actually need/want. Sounds petty, but we also don't purchase items made in China unless no one else makes them...
  • leslisa
    Options
    I work on Thanksgiving until 11pm, so I may hit the sales as soon as I get off work (bartender). I hope the customers are generous with us since it is a Holiday and all.

I'm going to spend this weekend plotting my attack. I'm going to put off getting the major electronics until after the new year as I don't have the skills to score an Xbox One at a good price.

This year I'm looking for clothes and household items.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the interwebs.
  • leslisa
    Options
    Black Friday is my 40th birthday this year.

:sad:

Be happy! The ones after 40 are most fun :happy:
  • leslisa
    Options
    Wake up hung over, turn on the TV to laugh at the people standing outside in 5 degree weather, maybe make a turkey 'sandvich', take a nap..... Wake up to the sound of the garage door..... wife walks in from standing outside in 5 degree weather for 4 hours.

WHATEVER I will NOT be standing in 5 degree weather it will be 15 ish.

I'm in Florida. It's 70.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't like people enough to leave the house on BF.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Workin' and watchin' the insanity from the safety of the lab.
  • _SantaClause_
    _SantaClause_ Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Working.
    And I don't work retail.

But I will be working for 12+hours at time and a half...
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Gonna sit at a desk and work for most of the day...:sad: :huh: :yawn: :sick: :cry: :frown: :grumble:
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I will be staying in my little town with no stores and avoid going anywhere all weekend.
  • njungers
    njungers Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'll be in NY on Thanksgiving with my mom, celebrating her 55th birthday and her retirement! We are from Iowa, so very, VERY excited to go on this trip together and get away!! Any ideas on what we should do, where we should go, etc?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    stay home! this is probably the time of year the government will release the zombie virus and turn the hordes into a mass of ravenous brain hungry zombies
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!