_funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Drink milk.
    Because OJ will kill you.

LMAO!
  • zensugi
    Options
    you're not the boss of me, don't tell me what to do :frown:

Funnily enough, yesterday I got the same reply from my anorexic juicing colleague when I sent the link to her [start of edit]I sent it to her because I worry about her clearly deteriorating health[end of edit]. I'm pointing a *source of discussion*, you are welcome to do whatever you want with your life.
  • Safiyandi
    Options
    The issue on the linked post is not drinking juice—juices are nice, healthy, etc—but basing the whole diet on juices, with the expectation that they'll magically work because one in 'cleansing' the body.

This bears repeating - the article isn't about individual juice drinks, it's about VLCD liquid 'cleanses' that are borderline pro-ana diets disguising themselves as something healthy.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    you're not the boss of me, don't tell me what to do :frown:

Funnily enough, yesterday I got the same reply from my anorexic juicing colleague when I sent the link to her. I'm pointing a *source of discussion*, you are welcome to do whatever you want with your life.

What part of "Stop Juicing: It’s not healthy, it’s not virtuous, and it makes you seem like a jerk" is a source of discussion? It seems you are telling everyone what to do, and if they don't follow your advice they are a jerk. And thank you, but I always do what I want with my life and always will. I don't usually let internet stranger with with a bro science degree sway my opinions.
  • zensugi
    Options
    Do you understand that presenting juicing as the opposite of bro science is oxymoronic?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Why are all these topics that should be going all toxic, staying so civilized today?

confused.jpg
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Except you lose all the fiber.

no you don't - a lot of the fibre is soluble fibre (eg apples) and in any case the juicers are not 100% effective solids removal devices there are still particles that pass through the screens - home made juice isn't crystal clear and filtered.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Windfall apples, as given away ie free :-

Windfall-apples-001.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Why are all these topics that should be going all toxic, staying so civilized today?

confused.jpg

maybe because we is evolving?

6190481092_f41b71089e.jpg
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Juicing makes me feel good. When i juice, i have more energy and lose weight faster.

No amount of the OP's theory on nutrition can change that. Results are results.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

I was thinking more like, 'cause everyone wants that new moderator job.... and they are trying to be all supportive and *kitten*....

< as the sloth slowly creeps his post count up to that 500 mark, for the job. :wink: >
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

I was thinking more like, 'cause everyone wants that new moderator job.... and they are trying to be all supportive and *kitten*....

< as the sloth slowly creeps his post count up to that 500 mark, for the job. :wink: >

Ah, the sloth is onto something. Now all the mods have to do is advertise a new position about every 7 - 10 days. Hmmmm.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand juicing. I'd much rather chew my calories than drink it.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Drink milk.
    Because OJ will kill you.

LMAO!

DAMN THAT'S HILARIOUS!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    LMFAO...did anyone actually go to the link?
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I like my nutribullet.I get everything and then some out of it. I am not using it as a meal- just adding all kinds of good green stuff to my diet. On the down side,it did destroy my wedding band 2 weeks ago.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Well this isn't rude or judgmental or jerky at all.

No kidding! I love juice! My favorite is to mix pineapple juice with orange juice.

would not be surprised if Lustig quotes start popping up
  • yogamoods
    Options
    Totally agree. I think it is a bad, bad choice --we ought to be drinking no more than 10% of our total calories.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Stop Juicing: It’s not healthy, it’s not virtuous, and it makes you seem like a jerk. Article in Slate. http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/11/juice_cleanses_not_healthy_not_virtuous_just_expensive.html
    Thank goodness we solved that problem. Here we thought the problem was obesity and junk food and it turns out to be juice!

Nothing I love more than an unprovoked lecture on what to do and what to avoid.

I actually never "juice" myself preferring to eat fruit and vegetables whole but please...