One Night Stand - Liberating or shameful?

thxo
thxo Posts: 107 Member
I am just curious to see people's opinion on a semi-controversial topic like one night stands. My fitness pal has quite the amount of diversity in terms of geographic regions, age, ethnicity, etc. So, what is your standpoint? Yay or nay for a one time love affair?

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Nvm.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Not for me.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    friend request sent
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    friend request sent

I thought you said you were deactivating after our one night stand?????
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Neither. Stupid question.

Also, context.
  • 1989lukemyers
    1989lukemyers Posts: 158 Member
    Just no, we all have a Build in moral compass, we all have it..yet clearly some peoples have been demagnetised.

We are meant to find a partner and be loyal and love them and show them respect pretty simple how can you do that in one nite... Don't do it, be happy within yourself learn to love yourself and then your find a nice guy whom will share his world with yours

Only have time for one love in this short life so make it special all grow old and be lonely bed hoping

But hey just one guys thoughts what do I no just some guy
  • Gross
  • Conversate for a few, cause in a few, we gon' do
    What we came to do, ain't that right boo? (true)

Forget the telly, we just go to the crib
    And watch a movie in the jacuzzi, smoke L's while you do meeee
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Nobody cares who you're going to bang OP, just do what your gonna do and don"t worry what others think.
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    I am just a big double standard...lol It was fine when I was young but I sure wouldnt want my 18 or 16 year old kid to do it.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member

But hey just one guys thoughts what do I no just some guy

Exactly. Apparently not the difference between "know" and "no" or "right" and "rite". Also, sex is not a moral issue unless you're discussing consent.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    If you are single, confident (not a person doing it to feel loved, or feel pressured etc), careful by using protection then.... to each their own. I am in a committed relationship with a WONDERFUL person but I have single friends who have one night stands...sometimes there are complications, other times not. You only live once!
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Whatever floats your goat.

Personally when I was single I had a few. Neither liberating nor shameful, unless you count the liberation of billions of mini me's.

As far as the sex goes it wasn't nearly as good as long term relationship sex.

Oh and IBTL.
  • I'm an old fashioned girl so it wouldn't be something I would engage in.

I am not sure it is all that safe either - strangers and diseases etc.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Not for me, but what others do doesn't matter to me. I would advise friends and family who do so to take safety cautions.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Awesome if it's something you're comfortable with, lousy if you end up feeling bad about it after. Definitely something individual for each person.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    I'm an old fashioned girl so it wouldn't be something I would engage in.

I am not sure it is all that safe either - strangers and diseases etc.
    This. You said it better than I could lol. At least "nicer" than I would have said it.
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Regret is a useless emotion. If you do it, understand the rules, it's not love, and enjoy it for what it is. if you don't do it, you don't get that experience. You need to figure it out. I also suspect you're getting a few FR outta this.
  • I bang hunnies all day.....just hit the PEN VK and you good boo!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    I think the real question is, "Was it good for you?"
This discussion has been closed.