OT: Whine whine whine!!! :)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Bear with me. I need to whine a sec!

It always seems that around this time in the Summer, I suddenly get tired of Summer and start looking forward to the Fall! Maybe because I LOVE Fall around here!!! So many fun things to do in New England and I am just tired of the heat and humidity. I always love Spring...but the perfect Spring weather just doesn't last very long around here. SIGH! And the humidity makes me cranky and gives me migraines....and it makes my son cranky.

So yes...I know a lot of you probably LOVE Summer...but I am done..and ready for the first cool, fresh day of Fall....AHHHHHHHHH!!! I want to wear a cozy sweater go pumpkin pickin!

Thanks! All done whining now!! :)

-Tam :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Bear with me. I need to whine a sec!

It always seems that around this time in the Summer, I suddenly get tired of Summer and start looking forward to the Fall! Maybe because I LOVE Fall around here!!! So many fun things to do in New England and I am just tired of the heat and humidity. I always love Spring...but the perfect Spring weather just doesn't last very long around here. SIGH! And the humidity makes me cranky and gives me migraines....and it makes my son cranky.

So yes...I know a lot of you probably LOVE Summer...but I am done..and ready for the first cool, fresh day of Fall....AHHHHHHHHH!!! I want to wear a cozy sweater go pumpkin pickin!

Thanks! All done whining now!! :)

-Tam :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I've been COUNTING THE DAYS!!!! I love fall and as early as summer comes to these parts, I start pining for it around the 1st of July. I think July 4th should be the last of summer and fall should start!!!!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I can't wait to be able to do this!! HAHAHAHAHA!!
    funny-pictures-cat-has-warm-radiator.jpg
  • mello
    Options
    My computer at work won't allow pics to dowload so I can't see the pic you posted:sad: Well it allows your avatar, but not pics that people put into their posts!!:sad:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    It's a cute kitty hugging what is that thing? Heater radiator thing I think.....

And yes, while I love the sunshine and all the things we COULD do I can't wait for fall! Winter's my fav season and summers just wayyyy too hot for me
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I work as a Para at a school, so I'm NOT ready to rush into fall yet!
    I'm also not in a hurry to start shelling out tons of money for oil to heat my house this winter!
    So, NOPE, I'm NOT in a royal hurry for fall! :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    i love fall....when the days are tolerably warm but the evenings start to get crisp.....
  • TamTastic
    Options
    i love fall....when the days are tolerably warm but the evenings start to get crisp.....

Exactly!!!
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Fall is my favorite time of year actually!!! I love everything from the weather to the foliage to the pumpkins ( must be a NE thing hahaha!!) This year fall will be different for me because I will be starting a new job in September..so I am more nervous than anything..and won't think about the fall right now..just trying to hang on to summer as long as I can LOL!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    do I smell fur burning sis???? was going to use another word but figured FUR is more ahhh g rated...less funny, but ya know whateva! lol

I love the Fall too, October is my bday so I think its in my blood...lol but I have to admit, I love me some nice warm sunny weather...the hot sticky humid stuff you can keep though! blech!

Oh and pumpkin picking:flowerforyou: ....and don't forget apple picking:bigsmile: ....mmmm apple pie....mmmm pumpkin harvest soup...mmmm:tongue:

hugs!
    Ali
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the other day. . ."how far north do I have to move to get somewhere where it NEVER gets hot?"

I just don't like it. I can't wait for sweater weather, either.:flowerforyou:
  • janebeck
    janebeck Posts: 14
    Options
    :glasses: Hi Ya

Over here in england summer as just arrived. But i know where your coming from we spend most of our holidays in the Dominican (in November) and by the end of two weeks im yearning to get back to the crisp cold winter days:smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    do I smell fur burning sis???? was going to use another word but figured FUR is more ahhh g rated...less funny, but ya know whateva! lol

I love the Fall too, October is my bday so I think its in my blood...lol but I have to admit, I love me some nice warm sunny weather...the hot sticky humid stuff you can keep though! blech!

Oh and pumpkin picking:flowerforyou: ....and don't forget apple picking:bigsmile: ....mmmm apple pie....mmmm pumpkin harvest soup...mmmm:tongue:

hugs!
    Ali

Yes yes yes! Apple pickin!! FUN FUN!! Pumpkin bread!! MMMMMMM LOL!

I don't mind WARM weather...it's this time of year that drives me nuts! LOL! It's just hot and sticky and even when it rains its stickier!!! ICK!!
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree!! i'm in minnesota, and we dont have long summers, but they are HOT and HUMID!! I love fall, i like digging my sweaters and jeans out, going to watch football, the smell of the changing leaves...EVERYTHING! Then comes winter and I want to move!! haha
  • mello
    Options
    sssshhhh don't tell anyone but I think I even like Thanksgiving more than Christmas....don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Christmas fan, love the decorations, love buying gifts etc....but Thanksgiving is just so much less stressful and it is all about Fall!!!!!
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    Ya'll need to come visit me in Michigan then! It got down to a cool 59 degrees last night. :smile: It was awesome weather to go for a walk but let's not wish Summer away! I only get 2 months of Summer as it is and the rest is pretty much snow and ice! :grumble:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I agree!! i'm in minnesota, and we dont have long summers, but they are HOT and HUMID!! I love fall, i like digging my sweaters and jeans out, going to watch football, the smell of the changing leaves...EVERYTHING! Then comes winter and I want to move!! haha

LOL! Yeah, as bad as Winters are HERE (The Nor 'Easters)....they have to be BRUTAL there! We are so picky! Fall, sweater weather...coziness....but keep the frigid temps and keep the humidity...just make it perfect!

Hmm, California weather is pretty close to being perfect for me!! When we were in Santa Barbara, during the day was warm.....like mid-80s but not humid at all....breezy....and in the evening it actually get's pretty chilly! We actually had the heater on in the car one evening! But man....that is perfect for me. Perfect sleeping weather.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Exactly!!!

That means it's football season and you get to cozy up under a blanket with your hubby......night fall games are the best down here in the south!!
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options

hugs!
    Ali

My b-days in November so of course I love November plus I'm just a Christmas nut!! I always over spend and just love how close all the family gets and how happy everyone is. The biggest plus has to be covering up in a sweater on a "fat" day :laugh:
  • mello
    Options
    Ya'll need to come visit me in Michigan then! It got down to a cool 59 degrees last night. :smile: It was awesome weather to go for a walk but let's not wish Summer away! I only get 2 months of Summer as it is and the rest is pretty much snow and ice! :grumble:

~sigh~ I love snow....(says the girl in Louisiana who doesn't have to shovel it, drive in it or dress for it)