Best way of getting over a break up?

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Doing things for yourself. Make sure you feel desirable, pampered, and cared for. I went through a really nasty breakup of my nearly 20 year marriage recently. Feeling good about yourself is invaluable. Get massages, your hair done, manicure, time away, new clothes, whatever makes you feel good. I even did a photo shoot that was mostly topless and with lingerie. Not to show anyone, but to see myself as attractive again.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Buy a Ps4/Ps3 or Xbox One/360 and play Call of Duty and take your frustration out on every single player. Works every-time!

And.... Make sure you make a gamer tag that you don't mind losing, you can get reported and get banned on there lol.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Let your emotions ride out. Cry when you want to. Put a pen to paper. Stay off social media sites.

Talk about it to a close friend.

Don't get wasted!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Buy a Ps4/Ps3 or Xbox One/360 and play Call of Duty and take your frustration out on every single player. Works every-time!

And.... Make sure you make a gamer tag that you don't mind losing, you can get reported and get banned on there lol.

Lol so true!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    realizing you're better off without them, because you have YOU. :)
  • biggie_smalls20
    Options
    send a pic to them of you copulating with a difrent person
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    The best way to get over someone is to get someone under you. :smile:

Be ready for the repercussions if that's the road you choose.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Delete all contact info. And then go to the gym, then call your bestie, and then have great sex with someone new.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Get drunk and sleep with anything with a pulse

This is sound advice. :drinker:
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    [double-posted in error]
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Make sure you don't talk to them for at least 30 days.

Go out and have some fun.

definitely the no contact rule!

oh, and also: have sex with someone else
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My late grandmother (a.k.a Wela) always used to say the best way to get over a break up is under somebody else.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    hookers & blow
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    My late grandmother (a.k.a Wela) always used to say the best way to get over a break up is under somebody else.

she totally mauled that saying cuz it goes like, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
  • Candi_land
    Options

she totally mauled that saying cuz it goes like, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone.

She had her own way of saying things but she got her point across...thanks though.
  • Candi_land
    Options
    For me the best way to get over a break up was to look back and see that they just wasn't right for me and I could do better. Dancing away all my stress and hanging out with good friends always helped too!
    Girl, you should totally dance around the house with your broom. I LOVE dancing like an idiot with my broom :P

My broom dances a mean salsa! :wink:
  • kellybellyjellyn
    Options
    Get rid of ALL evidence of them.

Break ups suck..

Don't even bother trying to "be friends" Maybe it works for some people... But I think normally one person has feelings for the other and is just yearning for a friendship because they can't deal with severing ties.

If you still have feelings for this person, don't see them, don't meet up with them, don't text or contact them because every time you do you are opening a wound again and it will never heal. Trust me.

Don't call them when your drunk.

Defo agree with what one poster said. Delete them and ALL their friends from facebook if possible !!

Actually... stay off Facebook altogether. Deactivate it And Focus on YOU !

X

and time... loads and loads of time. x
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Saucy grandma! :heart: 'cause mine was one too. Said she lived to be 98 because of "all the martinis and screwing around".
  • GratefulRCC
    Options
    Be careful not to make any big purchases to try to feel better Example: Car, boats, four wheelers, jet skis, ONLINE COLLEGES, student loans.

Time heals everything

Go on a rebound date but make it clear to the date, you not looking for anything serious, just fun.
  • bm920
    bm920 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    go out, get drunk and bang atleast a 5/10.