POLL: What do you binge on?

Options

Replies

• Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The foods i am most likely to binge on are:

cookies (when in the break room at work)
    doughnuts (though rarely as they make me feel like ****)
    trail mix (all types which sucks, as I think its a great snack)
    fried chicken
    pizza
    brownies (again at work)
    spaghetti
    lasagna

Most of these I dont have any trouble with not bingeing on anymore, though in moments of weakness after about twelve hours of work, cookies are frequently hard to turn down.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    As odd as it sounds, I love real mayo. Not low fat, or fat free, or canola/olive oil. Real, honest to goodness mayonnaise. So, I guess this goes in the "fats" category.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Thin Mint Cookies
    Cheddar and Sour Cream Potato Chips
    Raspberries (which are healthy I know, but is still a lot of sugar)
    Shells and Cheese (well, gluten free noodles with velveeta cheese now. :sad: )

That's really it. I don't really binge anymore. I'm conscious and in control enough that when I have foods that are a treat, I eat them slowly without distractions to really enjoy them. And I eat less because of it. I don't deprive myself. But those specific items are triggers for me. It seems silly because I can have any other potato chip or cookie or whatever. But those flavors in particular are hard for me to put down!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I don't think I binge but my weakness is homemade cakes, brownies and cookies.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    image.png
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    chips. Definitely chips.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I have never truly binged (per the clinical definition), but cheese is the thing I am most likely to overeat.
  • GothicaAdore
    GothicaAdore Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Pre-dieting: Baking milk chocolate. Now that I am dieting though, I crave salt and starch. I won't touch potato chips because I won't be able to stop.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    peanut butter....almond butter...chocolate .....
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just Pizza, I can't just have 2 slices I have to have 1/2 pizza lol
  • breathingfitness
    Options
    I don't usually have any really unhealthy foods in my house, so when I binge I just eat lots of bread with LOTS of peanut butter or I eat lots of nuts. But in terms of unhealthy food, I would binge on anything chocolatey.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Its not really a 'binge', but I will overeat almonds and walnuts. I have eaten an entire bag of raw almonds in one sitting.
  • carebears1973
    carebears1973 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I binge on peanuts or peanut butter if it is in the house...I can't resist them, I am too weak! ..oh and humous, I binge on that quite happily and mushrooms and peas too.... Never really fancy sweets or cake, have no interest in binging on them at all. Could binge on coconut water too...oohh so lush!
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my vice
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think you ought to define binge. I've seen people on MFP define "binge" as eating over your calorie goal regardless of the number of calories. One girl said she had binged on cookies because she ate 4 instead of 2, and she was still under on calories.

To me, binging is out of control eating. It's more about the feelings associated with the act, not the food itself. I believe that's what was meant in the other thread as well.

eta: that said, I don't binge.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER! I have been know to eat a whole jar in one day. That is about as out of control as I get.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Bread, chocolate, and pastries. I haven't binged in a long long time, but when I'm tempted, it's those foods that come to mind.
  • Justine_JellyBean
    Options
    Cheese has to be my number one. Cheese and cheesy foods. Savory, fatty foods are what tip me over if I'm already feeling the urge to binge. I would always rather eat a cheese omelette (heavy on the cheese of course) then ice cream or chocolate.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Cheetos puffs, ice cream or gelatto, chocolate
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Nutella