Average Sized Body Acceptance

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    4' 10 1/2" ~130 lb in this picture, size 4.
    IMG_20130620_105331_zps2ad11dd0.jpg
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Nothing average about the pics on this thread.

Thoroughly approve.:flowerforyou:

Where is the average male thread?
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Nothing average about the pics on this thread.

Thoroughly approve.:flowerforyou:

Where is the average male thread?

I say start one! Men can be way competitive about their bodies too! (although they may not be quite as critical of themselves)

I am guessing there are plenty of very nice looking average men out there! Bring it on!!
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    No pics, but I will say that it is harder to accept an average body when there are ads (even on this website) advertising "plus sized" clothing that starts at size 10. I always thought that size 10 was average. On the Patagonia size chart, they list size 8-10 as "large"
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Still waiting on the men :P
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to upload picks but I love this thread. I'm 5'5, weight about 139 and a size 7-9 depending on brand. I eat well,, work out almost every day and learning to eve happy with myself. Would I love to have a flat stomach? Hell yea! Will it ever happen? Who knows, but it hasn't in the 2 years I've been at this. Oh well, must be proud of who I am! Everyone in this thread looks amazing and should be proud!
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    <<<<<
    Still trying to figure out how to post pics. I'm 5 foot 5, currently 141 - in the picture I think I was 150. Wearing mostly size 10s. Going to take more photos when I hit 140!!! Everyone looks stunning!!! (I always thought "average" was size 10-14 though...I'd KILL to be a size 6!)
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Ugh, please don't ruin this awesome thread with pics of men.

When it comes to MFP picture threads, I am a proud supporter of segregation!!!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

Ugh, please don't ruin this awesome thread with pics of men.

When it comes to MFP picture threads, I am a proud supporter of segregation!!!
    Tough. I'm still waiting on the men :)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    OT:
    While I DO appreciate a nice shirtless pic, I LOVE a man dressed up! Uniform, suit, etc. sigh. :-D
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Great thread! Ya'll look beautiful!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Y'all all look so great!!

'Average' should probably include size 14, since that's the national average here, lol. And it may be considered a 'big' size to some, but there are lots of girls who aren't fat who rock a 14. They are usually tall.

OTOH, size 4 isn't even considered plus size in modeling! If it's not plus size in the fashion industry, it's well smaller than normal :D Granted, the girls they use are like 6 feet tall and a size 4!

So nice to be plus-sized at a size 6, no? That's the mentality that skews folks' perceptions of average just as much as seeing such large folks around nowadays, imho. Yes, the boring ole middle is forgotten, and that's sad, because usually the best health is found at neither extreme.

I'm actually kind of large for my height, so I feel bad calling that average, lol. I have those sorts of bones that literally don't fit below a 5 in pants (when 87 lbs!) and ribs that don't fit in a small, never mind the boobs!

I wear a size 12 and rock it fine now, and my goal is an old-school 10, because that's nearly too hot to handle as it is ;)
  • Smeltzer2
    Smeltzer2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am going to ask Santa to wake me up on Christmas mornong averagw if that is is what you are. I am 70 i can dream cant I.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks fantastic!

I'm still a bit on the heavy side to be average, but I carry it alright due to my height (I'm just over 6'0 - without the heels). Most people wouldn't believe how much I actually weigh, so I've been turned down when inquiring about plus size modeling.

2i8ev7p.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ya'll look so great!

'Average' should probably include 3000lb killer wales, since that's the average size ITT lol. and it may be considered 'big' size to some, but there are lots of wales who are fat as fuaaark in here.

brb let me get a bag of oreo's to throw on the floor so you can all eat them like a bunch of fukin animals

Wales is a country in the UK.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My dream is to one day be average!!! You all rock.

Sorry my beautiful friend. You will never be average!

QFT!

:heart:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    It's funny that they think they are funny.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am as about average as one can get!!
    5'5 and 152 lbs...size 9

No photo, Iowa is too cold right now!
    :smooched:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    <<<
    Average here! I'm 5'1'' & weight 133lbs. I'm a size 7 US jeans.
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread idea!! Love looking at all the pics, you all look amazing!
    I am about 10 kilos away from average but when I get there I am definitely posting some pics. I wish I appreciated my "average" body while I had it...