5 Reasons to date a girl with an eating disorder.

Options
This article has created quite a buzz over the past week or two. Thoughts?

http://www.returnofkings.com/21313/5-reasons-to-date-a-girl-with-an-eating-disorder

A lot men would agree that this is mostly a load of crap. However, there are some underlining truths to this article. Most men do like when a women is vulnerable (reason #3) and most women with "issues" are phenomenal in bed (reason #5).

Note: I dated someone with an eating disorder years ago. She was always an expensive date and was consistently broke. So reason #2 and #4 are definitely not true!

Replies

• dylan_a_fit
    dylan_a_fit Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    intredasting
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    well, i think it's supposed to be crap since it's obviously supposed to be funny.

i didn't read enough to see if it actually was funny....

(my guess is that it's not really funny, but i could be wrong on that)
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    This wont end well :laugh:
  • BaconWagon
    BaconWagon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    y8F8s.gif
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    "Say what you will, a girl with a mild-to-moderate eating disorder—that hasn’t excessively marred her appearance—is today’s best-buy in the West’s rapidly plummeting dating market." ~~~ Muahahahaha
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Painfully poor taste. Followed him on Twitter to see what happens.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It is a troll article. He posted it to get people angry. He is succeeding at that.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    y8F8s.gif

^^^ this

the article was drivel but the online discussions about it should be entertaining....
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Painfully poor taste. Followed him on Twitter to see what happens.

Pretty sure that's why he did it. Nothing like a bit of bad taste controversy to get a ton of people to follow your blog, your tweets, etc etc etc....
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Meh.

Anyone who spends that much time thinking about types of women to target, excuse me, date, probably isn't getting laid that much.

Usually because they have all the sexual charisma of a damp dishcloth which smells of wet dog.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Well that was disturbing. Eating disorder aside, this goes with all the other crap that says that women are possessions and any given man, regardless of how undesirable he is, is entitled to a really hot chick that does whatever he wants.

And actually, bulimia in particular can be really freaking expensive.Most people seem to forget the whole BINGE and purge aspect.

Anyway I agree this is a guy begging for followers and attention. Maybe he'll start a series. You know, "5 reasons to date girls with multiple personalities" along with "girls that are suicidal", etc.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Anyway I agree this is a guy begging for followers and attention.

Which is a very attractive trait in a man I hear...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You know... I had the OP on ignore, and I have nooooo idea why... :indifferent:

Because:
    there are some underlining truths to this article. Most men do like when a women is vulnerable (reason #3) and most women with "issues" are phenomenal in bed (reason #5).
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I appreciate that he wrote this article. Because of its controversial content, it should spark a decent discussion about EDs and increase awareness.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Well, this should be worth the price of admission
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    OP appears to be a typical florida pharma rep.... or a realtor. same difference. lulz
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Some people should never be given the chance to breed.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Two posts about "alphas" in one day? Is The Red Pill invading MFP?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I would have been more ok with this if it was actually funny. It wasn't even mildly amusing. Try harder.
This discussion has been closed.