Half way through, 85 pounds down with pictures

Options
mltdown
mltdown Posts: 311 Member
Well, before I even start I have never done pictures on here so I hope they work!!
I have been overweight ever since I finished high school and started college, after 2 kids and loads of stress I found myself eating to be happy and just make it through the day. I have tried everything under the sun to lose weight and never got very far. I had finally got to the point that I would never even step on a scale for fear I might break it LOL. At 315 (more than likely more that was the last weight I remember seeing on the scale) I decided it was time to change my life I couldn't stand how every time I looked in the mirror I wanted to cry at how hideous I had let myself because, and how I was setting a terrible example for my two children. I wanted to be able to go to the park and play with they without running out of breath and sweating like a hog. So, in end May of this year the journey started I cut all processed carbs out of my diet, but never started exercising. It wasn't until I found MFP in Aug. that I saw a real change in not only my eating habits, but also in my exercise. I kicked my butt into high gear and got moving!!! Everyone on here is so encouraging and I never felt judged by anyone, if it wasn't for this site I seriously don't think I would be at where I am today!! :) I feel amazing even if I am not even close to my goal weight yet, I can walk stairs without even thinking twice about it or losing any steam! I am starting to love myself again, and I have muscles I didn't even know existed!! From May 25th to Oct 25th I have lost 85 pounds and I only have 30 more till I will see a 100's and I am so excited to get there. Thank you to everyone on here for all the encouraging words you have sent my way, and I can't wait to see you all at the finish line!!!!

Me at around 315 in April of this year:

lizbefore2.jpg

Me in May right before I started this is the picture that made my jaw drop and got me going:

LIZBEFORE-2.jpg

I took this in September after I was down 60 pounds:

100900_001300.jpg

And these last two were just taken a few weeks ago:

102800_101501.jpg

101700_093901.jpg

I hope this brings motivation to some of you in your journey to lose weight because you CAN do it!!!

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Great work!! Sooo inspiring!!! I cant see your pictures tho??
  • mltdown
    Options
    I know I don't know how to do all this picture stuff lol
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    WOW that is just great, in 5 months, how did u do it ?!?!!?!?! I wish i could do that ! We cant see your pictures you need to make the smaller instead of caps u need to use lower caps ![img][/img]
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Can't see the pics, but fantastic job! This place has be monumental to my loss too. I need to get with the excercise now... apparently I've been here 40 days!! Time flies when You're encouraged by everybody on here!! :bigsmile:
  • newnarelle
    newnarelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!! My goal is also around 85 pounds (40kg) and I am a quarter of the way in two months, so this is very inspiring to hear the goal is really in sight and achievable! You go girl! Keep up the great work and enjoy your new found healthy body! :)
  • mltdown
    Options
    There I just made them direct links and they work I can't make them show up I don't know what i'm doing wrong lol!!
  • edinat
    Options
    you have to do it like this [.img] link [./img] (whit out the dots :) )
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    85 pounds! That is fantastic!.. I love reading these success stories!
  • mltdown
    Options
    I tried that then it just says the image was deleted by photobucket do I need to change a setting or something?
  • iamstronger247
    Options
    MY JAW DROPPED! girl you did that in FIVE MONTHS?? holy jeebus girl that's AWESOME you are a HUGE inspiration!!! congrats you look GREAT
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi- I just copy and pasted the link into a new window. Your pictures were AMAZING! You GO GIRL!!! You are definitely an inspiration and should be proud of yourself. I would say you've earned bragging rights! :)
  • edinat
    Options
    hmmm i think there is something wrong with photobucket, are you coping the correct link?
  • mltdown
    Options
    maybe photobucket just hates me because I have never used it before LOL
  • edinat
    Options
    lol nah i dont think so , you have to copy the IMG CODE (on photobucket) and then when you copy it , just change the caps IMG to lower case !!! it just worked for me !
  • mltdown
    Options
    Got it wooo hoooo im not as stupid as I think lol!! Thank you for all your help edinat!!
  • edinat
    Options
    no problem i am glad it worked, i am inspired by your success ! :)
  • newnarelle
    newnarelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just checked back for the pics and WOW girl! You look amazing!! Good job! That is insane you have made such drastic changes! Keep up the great work, you are inspiration to alot of people, and most of all, I am sure your family and friends! :)
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing, great job!
  • mltdown
    Options
    Just checked back for the pics and WOW girl! You look amazing!! Good job! That is insane you have made such drastic changes! Keep up the great work, you are inspiration to alot of people, and most of all, I am sure your family and friends! :)
    Thank you very much, im sure people say this all the time but i really feel the same as I always have I can just jump higher lol :) I wish you the best of luck on your journey too!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS.
    You look incredible, great job. Thank you for sharing it is so encouraging to see people losing weight
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!