5 ingrediants or less/crockpot

Options

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I made pineapple terriyaki pork tenderloin.
    6# pork tenderloin (it was on sale!)
    1 Large can crushed pineapple
    1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
    1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    jarred chopped garlic and ginger, about a TBSP each. (I know that makes 6 ingredients, but it was so good.)

I pulled the pork and portioned out into 5 ounce servings and stocked my freezer. Great in a wrap with some bell peppers cut into strips.

The sugars seem a bit high, but it made 17 servings, so all divided up it ended up being VERY diet friendly!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I made soup in mine last night.

2 butternut squashes
    1 sweet potato
    1 parsnip
    veggie broth/water
    spices

After a few hours, I mashed it all with a potato masher, and then used a stick blender to make it really smooth.

I also occasionally do a big batch of chicken breasts with chicken broth and spices, then use the chicken all week for different meals. It saves a ton of time.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    in for recipes! :)
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Spicy? For my lunches-

2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
    4 Jalapenos sliced
    2 cups low sodium chicken broth
    1 can black beans rinsed and drained
    1 can sliced chiles

Cook on low 4-5 hours. Shred and enjoy!! A little high in sodium but very tasty!!
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken curry tonight and it's SO GOOD.

2-3 pounds chicken breast or thighs
    1 diced onion
    16 oz salsa or picante sauce
    2 tbs curry
    Cook on low 8 hours, add 1 cup sour cream 30 minutes before it's done.

Mmm. I love Curry chicken. This is so easy. Is it curry powder or curry paste? Sorry, non cooker here!!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Whole chicken with butter and spices rubbed into the skin, onions, potatoes and carrots. Put the veggies on the bottom of the pot and place the chicken on top. Cook for 8 hours on low and enjoy stupidly easy delicious roast chicken and veggies.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump! I am drooling from reading these while hungry!!
  • jcdeboer
    jcdeboer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bumping for recipes!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Today we are having Baked Potato Soup in the crockpot. I think the kids will eat it but who knows... a couple more ingredients than 5 but pretty close...

6 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
    1 onion diced
    1/4 cup of butter
    1 tbsp minced garlic
    1 quart of chicken broth
    Salt/Pepper to taste

Cook 8 hours on low. Mash potatoes or puree with immersion blender. Then add:

1 cup half and half (or heavy cream or milk depending on your preference)
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Stir into soup and heat on low/warm for about 30 min before serving. Can also add bacon bits, green onions, and sour cream.

With all the additions and estimating 6 servings for the above recipe it comes out to be 397 calories/serving.
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Last night I made a pork roast in the crock pot OMG it's to die for

1 pork roast (any kind will do even porc chops)
    1 can of mushroom soup (but I use 2 cans)
    1 envelope of onion soup
    1/2 cup of water

Just set the pot in the bottom of the crock pot smear the mushroom soup on top of the roast then sprinkle the onion soup mix on top and just ad the water.

Cook in slow cooker on low for about 6 hours

Voila!!!! Yummy Yummy
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I made pulled pork last night:

- 5lbs Boston Butt
    - Dr Pepper (1 can)
    - Few slices pineapple
    - One Onion
    - Creole Seasoning

Cook for 8hrs. Remove, shred, mix in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sause... serve on corn tortilla with pico and avacado... enjoy and cheap as hell to make.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Note: I am one of those people that has to pick and choose my carbs wisely. I try to limit myself to 100, or less per day. To those that have bodies that can deal with the carbs, I am jealous. I am always on the lookout for carb-friendly knock off recipes. Here is one I make to satisfy my need for soup in the cold, winter months. Surprisingly good and you would be hard pressed to tell it wasn't split pea soup. I also have one of the HUGE crockpots and tend to cook in large batches just a few times a month, stocking my freezer. Adjust to your serving requirements.

Faux Pea Soup *makes approx. 48 ounces. (I usually double this) I get 8-6 ounce servings at (cal/carb/fat/protein/sugar) 57/9/0/3/270/2.
    1-16 ounce bag frozen cauliflower
    1-16 ounce bag green beans
    1 bunch fresh parsley, Chopped coarse
    1 bunch fresh green onion, chopped coarse
    1 quart chicken broth
    s & p to taste. (or add a bit of garlic, season to your taste.)

Cook on low all day, adding a bit more water if needed, puree. So YUM!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was on here, but I found it on Facebook and have made it 3x so far. Yummy

3 envelope roast

Roast of any type
    package of Italian seasoning,
    package of ranch dip
    package brown gravy
    2 cups of water.
    Mix all ingredients, brown the roast if you want to . Cover with flour then brown on all sides.
    Put in slow cooker, pour liquid over, cook on low for around 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
    It is so good, falls apart.
    Mix in some flour or corn starch to the liquid for gravy.
  • melrose155
    melrose155 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was on here, but I found it on Facebook and have made it 3x so far. Yummy

3 envelope roast

Roast of any type
    package of Italian seasoning,
    package of ranch dip
    package brown gravy
    2 cups of water.
    Mix all ingredients, brown the roast if you want to . Cover with flour then brown on all sides.
    Put in slow cooker, pour liquid over, cook on low for around 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
    It is so good, falls apart.
    Mix in some flour or corn starch to the liquid for gravy.

I literally JUST made this last night! It's so yummy and I don't even thicken up the gravy. Plus I substitute 1 can of beef broth for the 2 cups of water...this couldn't be easier and so tasty. I just leave it in the crock pot for a few hours on high, shred the meat with a fork (it'll fall apart) and turn down to low and let simmer longer.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    In for the yummy recipes!!
  • thegabbleduck
    thegabbleduck Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    In for the recipes!

At the moment, I am really into slow cooker baked potatoes
    (Prick with a fork, Put some olive oil, salt and pepper on the potato, wrap in foil, put it slow cooker for 5 hours on high or 8 on low, eat!)
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I made pulled pork last night:

- 5lbs Boston Butt
    - Dr Pepper (1 can)
    - Few slices pineapple
    - One Onion
    - Creole Seasoning

Cook for 8hrs. Remove, shred, mix in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sause... serve on corn tortilla with pico and avacado... enjoy and cheap as hell to make.

Damn, that sounds really good. Did you shred the pork and put it back into the crockpot with the mixture before adding the BBQ sauce?
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've used the site below for a few recipes. They are all pretty simple and good.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Crock Pot Recipes

This. I learned everything I know from this site... especially all the crock pot recipes!
  • AngCS16
    AngCS16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump