Anyone Starting (or Restarting) A mini goal, 2lbs by Oct. 25

Options

Replies

• spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    hey kcurtis...hope you are feeling better now :)
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hi Ladies....hope you are all doing well. I haven't been very good the last couple days. I've done my workouts but my eating hasn't been that great. Oh well....I'll start fresh again tomorrow. I'm determined to reach my goal.

As for continuing on this thread, I agree with selkieghost.

Spellbinder, I think starting on the 1st is a good idea. It'll give me a chance to get back down to my end weight from this challenge. LOL

kcurtis...hope you feel better soon!!
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The 1st sounds good to me :-) I'll probably go with just 2 pounds again as my goal, seeing as how I didn't quite reach that this time. If I wind up dropping more, than I'll adjust my goal accordingly for the next time :-)
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good thoughts! I am feeling MUCH better now! That was a rough one! I weighed in the past 2 days and have stayed the same so I decided to log it. I know the flu has a lot to do with it, but I guess I will just take it as a jump-start and now try to maintain the loss.

Starting W169<
    January
    Last W 147<
    Oct 11
    Current W 142.4<
    Oct 29
    Mini Goal 145 <
    MET!
    Goal W 139 (wanting to reach this by Dec 10 for Hawaii, but hopefully I can meet it by the end of Nov. now!)

3.4 lbs to go!
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    kcurtis...good to know that you are well now..

i wasn't good this week...too much dessert & no gym...so i'll weigh myself on monday (my usual weigh-in day) & then depending on that come up with my goal for the 1st 2 weeks of nov...
  • KarenHapli
    KarenHapli Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, can I join you on this thread? I'm Selkie's sister. :) When's the next weigh-in? I got down to 160 (from just shy of 200), but my will power and discipline failed me and I weighed in at the gym yesterday at 168 (yikes!). Anyway, I want to start small and manageable, to maintain my confidence (or rebuild it). I've got a potential workout-training buddy soon who will keep me on track in person, but it'd be nice to join the support here, too.
  • SelkieGhost
    Options
    Wooo! Happy to have you join the party o' mini achievable goal joy that is this thread :-)
  • sas16
    Options
    Welcome to the group kostyalya! The mini goal is great. I don't feel overwhelmed by the fact that I'm still roughly 17 lbs from my goal. Baby steps actually work! Who knew! LOL

Anyway....start weight today is 146.2 lbs
    Goal for the 15th is to lose 3 lbs

I would love to be down to 140 by Thanksgiving....fingers crossed!
  • SelkieGhost
    Options
    Forgot to weigh myself yesterday (Monday) so hit the scale first thing this morning, and I'm down another pound! This is exciting, considering it's that TOM again. Maybe by next week the scale will show a 2 pound weight loss (silly hopefulness, but hey - yay for positive continued results) :-)

Edit: And hey! I just realized I hit my first mini-goal of 145! *happy dance* Now to work on hitting 140! :-)
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    Welcome kostyalya!! We all weigh-in on mondays but you can choose to do on any other if you please. Congrats on the loss you've had so far...it's a pretty good accomplishment. Of course, we have our ups & downs, and it's good that you realized soon enough you need to get back on track :)

Congrats selkieghost on hitting you mini-goal...we'll all do it again!!

My CW is 150.5lbs & my goal for 11/15 is tolose 3lbs & get down to 147.5

Good luck everyone!!
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    Oh, and I have another goal for this month....to do squats & crunches 3 times a week..
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    okay guys...... I am in too, once again.

Just weighed myself............ 159.8 (damn it!!!!)

My goal.............. 155lbs by November 14th 2010.

Lets all do it.
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    good to see you ontrac...we will all do it!!
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    Well, I am in again! I want to see 139 by Thanksgiving!
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    good to see you too kcurtis :)

hope everyone's been having a good week so far!!
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    Thanks! I have made a goal to only eat out once a week. The Hubs and I have been really bad lately. It's amazing to me that we don't want to cook (just being lazy) but we have enough energy to get up, get in the car, and drive to get fast food. Things have got to change.
    5'5"
    SW:169
    CW: 142.4
    GW:139 or better :smile:
  • sas16
    Options
    I got on the scale and it said 147.6! UGH!! I believe I'm going in the wrong direction!!!! Tuesday was a bad day for me....just seemed like I couldn't stop snacking. HATE that!! Anyway, I've been doing better the last couple days, but I didn't think it was that detrimental! Just goes to show EVERY LITTLE SINGLE CAL COUNTS!!! Doesn't help that my legs are sore and I've been taking it easy on the high impact workouts I usually do. So I'm not burning as many calories. I guess I'll just have to be super diligent w/my cal intake!

Hope the rest of you are having a good week.
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    Thanks! I have made a goal to only eat out once a week. The Hubs and I have been really bad lately. It's amazing to me that we don't want to cook (just being lazy) but we have enough energy to get up, get in the car, and drive to get fast food. Things have got to change.
    5'5"
    SW:169
    CW: 142.4
    GW:139 or better :smile:

haha...i am the same. In fact, I hate cooking & would rather eat out the whole time. I did lose weight when i used to do that actually. But since I got married, my hubby's ensured that we at home most of the time. We too eat out about once a week only now.
  • spellbinder25
    Options
    I got on the scale and it said 147.6! UGH!! I believe I'm going in the wrong direction!!!! Tuesday was a bad day for me....just seemed like I couldn't stop snacking. HATE that!! Anyway, I've been doing better the last couple days, but I didn't think it was that detrimental! Just goes to show EVERY LITTLE SINGLE CAL COUNTS!!! Doesn't help that my legs are sore and I've been taking it easy on the high impact workouts I usually do. So I'm not burning as many calories. I guess I'll just have to be super diligent w/my cal intake!

Hope the rest of you are having a good week.

I'm not having a good week either on this front. Scale showed an increase of 1.5lbs in a span of 2 days. Haven't weighed since then (Wed) but haven't workout either. Wed workout was also horrible...struggled through it all & managed to burn only 1/2 the calories I uaually burn in the same amount of time....aarrggghhhhhhhhh...

And, I've been craving desserts...eating a bit too :D
  • SelkieGhost
    Options
    Down another .5 pounds for a total of 4 pounds lost (solidly at 144 first thing upon waking up in the morning). I'm very happy with this considering that I sorta wrenched my knee when my very excitable dogs accidentally knocked me down the stairs a couple days ago - it kinda put a halt on exercise this past 2 days... and then I consoled myself with peppermint bark chocolate squares. (not the wisest thing to reach for the high calorie fattening junk when exercise is out of reach).
    I'm hoping to get back to exercise in a couple more days.. my knee is feeling better now but still a little too twingey for my taste to be putting overmuch pressure on it to perform lol :-) But yay - still very slowly but steadily dropping weight. I'm noticing the visual difference a lot more though - from now to 4 pounds heavier. It really amazes me what just 4 pounds difference looks like, when it seems like not much at all on the scale.