My butt looks flat from behind

Options

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You're sparking a tiny bit of hope in me lol :laugh: I'm a banana shape but yeah i do see my figure changing and becoming more hourglass but not with bulking, with weightloss. i wonder if I'd be a real hourglass if I do bulking after i lose the excess fats... hmmm
    If you reduce fat mass enough about the waist, and increase muscle mass about the legs and glutes, then you can certainly develop more of an hourglass shape.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    >>My butt looks flat from behind <<

Was that a pun on purpose (butt) (behind)

No HAHAHAHA but it works! LOL
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I wasn't trying to take away hope! I was just pointing out that although hard work will make a change, you can only change within certain parameters that have been decided by genetics.

Check out this photo from a figure contest. They've all clearly worked hard to get these results, but you can still see they all have different shapes as a result of that work.

EDIT - Image is cropped - right click and choose 'view image' for full picture.

anotherbackshot.jpg
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said but, also - read 'strong curves' by Bret contradas (sorry if the spelling's wrong). Great tips on improving your *kitten* in there :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wait, when you say "squats" do you mean with or without weights?
  • norm67axp
    Options
    Lunges lunges and more lunges!!!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I wasn't trying to take away hope! I was just pointing out that although hard work will make a change, you can only change within certain parameters that have been decided by genetics.

Check out this photo from a figure contest. They've all clearly worked hard to get these results, but you can still see they all have different shapes as a result of that work.

EDIT - Image is cropped - right click and choose 'view image' for full picture.
    I understand in a way what you're saying but I wouldn't use competition photos for a few reasons.

1) Having cut fat mass and water weight, with reduced measurements, they don't appear as "shapely" compared to when they are not in competition shape. Thus, using non-competition photos would be preferred to observe their natural appearance.

2) We don't have any before and after photos of each lady for reference to see how much training has changed their shape.

3) You have competitors with varying total training experience - some women may have trained and competed for several years whereas others may have limited training and in their first show.

4) Some competitors lack symmetry because they neglected to work specific body parts and focused too much on others.

5) Some competitors restrict calories so severely, with excessive cardio, that they end up losing a lot of the muscle mass they initially gained.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain OP.
    I think you have the flat asian butt thing going on.... :cry:

My wife has same issue.....

Just wear some yoga style pants......they are like the push up bra for the butt. :wink:
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I understand in a way what you're saying but I wouldn't use competition photos for a few reasons....

For sure, and there are a million and one other variables which will affect the figure competitors and the OP. My point was even among people who are vying for the same "ideal" there is variation.

Just like in sport, it's nice to think we could all be world champions, if we put in the work, and had the right environment, but it's not true, some people were more blessed genetically than others.

Now, outside of elite athletes and competitors, most people get nowhere near their genetic limit, so they have a lot of room to improve, but it will still ultimately limit them.

As a silly example, you could take Beyonce, J-Lo, Paris Hilton and Kim kardashian, and even given infinite time, nutrition and training, they would change, but they would still all end up with different butt shapes and sizes, because that's the hand nature dealt them.
  • lauraspberry
    Options

I know haha you're being realistic and in the back of my mind I am thinking the same way as you are lol :laugh:
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    I really appreciate your suggestions you guys. :heart: :smooched:

I do lots of squats, lunges and jump squats BUT without weights since in the program I am following there is no weights yet maybe I should look into exercises with weights in addition to T25 :flowerforyou:

And yes, Asian flat butt, tell me about it geez! I must say yoga pants does work like magic but I cant wear it on a bikini :sad:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Lose fat (lift, calorie deficit, get rid of the belly)
    Step 2: Build muscle. (lift, calorie surplus, build a butt)

Can't do both at the same time.
    Pretty much this. To illicit any appreciable and noticeable muscular hypertrophy of the glutes, you need to lift heavy and eat at a calorie surplus.

In for amazing glute transformation following bulking.

2lnidj6.png

Different stance and angle. I agree, probably some hypertrophy, but it's difficult to appreciate the true difference from these photos.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    How is this thread getting more play than my cal question one? Especially since my butt does decidedly NOT look flat from behind. Doesn't that give me any kind of advantage?

\http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1142550-trampoline-sky-high-sky-zone-sky-jump-etc?page=1#posts-17776371
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Add weights to your squats.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    How is this thread getting more play than my cal question one? Especially since my butt does decidedly NOT look flat from behind. Doesn't that give me any kind of advantage?

\http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1142550-trampoline-sky-high-sky-zone-sky-jump-etc?page=1#posts-17776371

you asked a questions about a trampoline?

really? and you are bent about that? I'm all for doing something to get yourself moving- but
    1.) diet controls your weight- not working out
    2.) if you really want to get after it- go lift some heavy things- and do a real work out- trampolines are great- but well- it's just not the most effective use of your time.

now stop being a five year old about it and go work out.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    And yes, Asian flat butt, tell me about it geez! I must say yoga pants does work like magic but I cant wear it on a bikini :sad:

Shoot, then If that is all you want, than I am sure butt is plenty cute.
    keep working out and enjoy the summer weather.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Not getting enough attention? WTF
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I've been doing squats most of the time, my legs and thighs look amazing compared to before and my booty looked rounder and cute from the side BUT when I look it from the back it still looks flat :grumble:

I'm trying to lose my last 8.5lbs to hopefully lose my belly fat as of the moment.

I feel your pain and im also told to do more squats....flat as a freaking pancake!!
  • ChipmunkRoastingmmm
    Options
    Pretty much this. To illicit any appreciable and noticeable muscular hypertrophy of the glutes, you need to lift heavy and eat at a calorie surplus.

In for amazing glute transformation following bulking.

2lnidj6.png

You can see the changes in those pics, but the most noticeable effect is that in the second picture, she has much more of a lordotic curve, compared to the first picture.