W.O.T - TOTALLY P*&$ED OFF!!

Options

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I agree with Kris, this is probably going to be a great thing for ya'll. He will find a job (that pays on time) and eliminate that undue stress you two have been under. Hang in there lady!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    indeed, sometimes prayers are answered in ways we dont expect. I am sure that something better will come along!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i know you dont wnt to move, but eventually it may be the only option at this rate ! Getting a guaranteed paycheck from McDonalds is better than not knowing if you are going to get a paycheck at all, regardless of how hard you work!

There is no option of moving unless we go into foreclosure on our home. We can drop the rent to move somewhere but can't drop the other 2 morts and all the bills that come with that.

I know you've probably gone through all this but..
    Have you considered kicking out the tenants who don't pay and moving in to eliminate costs?? I would think a small place with one less payment is better than what you are currently try to work with.
    Best of luck!!
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    OK Update again :cry: B got his termination date. The 31st..... of this month

defintiely not cool, but if there is outstanding paychecks you no longer have bridges to look after. Not sure what legal aid or employment tribunals are like your side of the big watery bit, but you should be able to get some aid in recovering any and all lost wage, especially if it is statutory (you mentioned $300 somewhere i think).

I would keep on at the company for lost earnings. someone also mentioned that CAD files are email-able. Not sure hat the market is like for structural engineers (not being one myself) but I would assume that workin from home on designs for architect firms, whether on a piecemeal basis, consultancy or full time but over distance must be an option?

My thoughts are with you both.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    A million hugs coming your way. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

From me too.....:heart::heart: :heart:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Thanks again y'all!! Ya know it's a sick side of my minor self-diagnosed OCD that makes stress and tough situations make me go into hyper drive. I instantly made about 8 phone calls and handled a couple things that will make life a little easier and I'll know we'll make it. Now let's focus on happier things, I haven't laughed much today and Al's slacking on the flirting! There are people with much worse problems than mine - there was a post yesterday that humbled me A LOT but there weren't the right words to really say why so I left it alone. But once again, thanks y'all! :flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    Options

:blushing: You give the best hugs! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

:blushing: You give the best hugs! Thanks :flowerforyou:
    We got your back Megs.

Now Al...get to flirtin'!!!
  • calatibo
    Options
    http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=structural+engineer&l=sc&jt=contract

though i am sure you know about this already (you could have thousands of us looking for jobs while we wait for witty and/or down right dirty remarks on here ;smile;)...still convinced that it is worth asking if they will allow working from home,, only being in the office a couple of days, especially if it is contract work rather than a permanent position....

hope everything is brilliant for you today :flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    Options
    http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=structural+engineer&l=sc&jt=contract

though i am sure you know about this already (you could have thousands of us looking for jobs while we wait for witty and/or down right dirty remarks on here ;smile;)...still convinced that it is worth asking if they will allow working from home,, only being in the office a couple of days, especially if it is contract work rather than a permanent position....

hope everything is brilliant for you today :flowerforyou:

YOU'RE A DOLL!!! I'm printing several right now! Thank you so much! :love: Al may have competition :wink:
  • calatibo
    Options
    you are more than welcome, anything to help out.

Al may have competition

a welshman and a scotsman, very celtic (and expensive :laugh:) tase.

:laugh:
  • mholmes
    Options
    you are more than welcome, anything to help out.

Al may have competition

a welshman and a scotsman, very celtic (and expensive :laugh:) tase.

I could go so many places with a response to that but I won't! :laugh:
  • richardwelch
    Options
    I am glad that things looked up for you a little bit. I stayed loyal to a company that was only loyal to itself for 2 years too long. I saw the writing on the wall but refused to ignore it due to the fact that they job was secure. I watched my pay go steadily down, however, and convinced myself that it would find its way back up. Needless to say, it never did.

I finally got out of that job (blowout with management led to no notice/ no job lined up) and was out of work for waaaay too long. Found another similar position and that company was having financial troubles and layed off 1/2 of its workforce after 6 months, including me. So, out of the last 12 months, ive been unemployed for 8.

Now my wife and I, like you, are having to deal with mortgages, et al, because I wouldn't listen to my gut instinct and get out while the getting was good.

Trust your hubby and yourself, your work ethics, and your hearts and you will come out on top.

I always tell my wife that we create our own happiness, and that most of our stress and unhappiness is caused by outside factors: jobs, family, traffic, and so on. So to change our situation, we change how we interact/ percieve these outside influences. It really helps, and I hope that these words will provide you w/ a little help as well.
  • mholmes
    Options
    Thank you very much. It does help, everyone was very kind to me and venting really helped too. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    That's awful. I hope they get that straightened out.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

you are so supportive.:flowerforyou:
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Have you already bought your first home or can you look elsewhere??

We have 14+ bills a month. Two mortgages, 1 rent, three electric bills, 2 cell bills, 2 car ins bills, HOIns, HOA, car payment, 2 credit cards, etc... The apartment we own is too small for us so we rent it out but they haven't paid... we have to have somewhere to live while the house is being renovated so we have the mort for that house PLUS 700 a month rent....

It seems to me that you've put yourselves in a really tough spot. If you've been having these troubles for two years, purchasing a home, renting another, and renting out your apartment was irresponsible.

Don't get me wrong, you're getting screwed by his employer, and that's terrible, but it seems this could have been much less stress on you had you not put yourselves in this predicament in the first place.

Either way, good luck!
  • maracuya23
    Options
    Holy zombie thread resurrection!

To the OP: hope things have gotten a lot brighter since 2008!