ARE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE WITH A MALE MASSAGE THERAPIST?

Options

Replies

• Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, am I the odd one out in *not* thinking of massage as something primarily sexual? Maybe it's because my housemate is a massage therapist.

Male wouldn't bother me at all.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought about it. I've had a massage from 1 man, and...4 women? As long as they are professional, avoid my lady bits, and are good at what they do, I don't see a problem either way. I can see where a man might be more likely to have more strength in his hands without resorting to forearms/elbows as much, and be more likely to know about my weight-lifting related stress/pain, so I suppose that would be my vote.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    kind of. i'm worried that if i fall asleep they might lift up the sheet for a peep show. i just can't seem to get as relaxed with a male as with a female.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on the situation. Mine is a male who works out of my chiropractors office. He does a therapeutic massage. He does a fantastic job! We are also in an office setting where there are others walking around right outside the door, so it never crosses my mind that he might try anything. But in my case, it doesn't bother me a bit!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    ok i've talked to a couple male massage therapist and both have said it's not uncommon for them to become excited? Is this pretty typical or is it just the guys I know?

My gf would regularly get a massage from a male massage therapist, who, on several occassions, had to back out of the room with his coat covering his business. It didn't help that she would leave his tip in the wet spot.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    WHY ARE WE YELLING AT EACH OTHER ON THE INTERNET?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I prefer women therapists. More soothing and relaxing. I prefer male doctors though. Go figure
  • ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    Options
    YES!!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

So you are a professional recipient of massages?

Yes. Does that bother you?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Only once, when I was in Japan. I asked for a foot massage but I think something was lost in translation as he ended up working his way up my legs to my butt instead. I wasn't sure if I had just used the wrong word for 'foot' or if he was just seizing the opportunity to feel up a stupid foreigner.

Whatever, best *kitten* massage of my life.

Doubt it was a mistake. :) Depending on how traditionally trained your therapist was ~ foot massages encompasses the full leg from hip to phalanges. Modern practitioners tend to separate limbs to remain competitive and bankable.
  • rkeosathit
    Options
    Yeah it's weird enough for me getting patted down by the security guy. Massage would be unbearable
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

So you are a professional recipient of massages?

Yes. Does that bother you?

On the contrary, it sounds delightful.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am fine with it. I honestly do not care. Although I do like a lot of pressure and lead toward deep tissue so I prefer larger ( stronger) females or guys...but that is just my experience so far.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Preferred.
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    yep
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    That's how I met my wife. I was an LMT (Licenced Massage Therapist). Being a guy and looking the way I do did make it hard to make a living.

A lot of guys are homophobic and prefer to not go to a man for a massage nd a lot of women were intimidated by me. Luckily, my wife was not one of those women. So, even though, my career was short-live3d, I did meet the woman I married.

Still have my table, though, and set it up for my wife. Happy Endings abound.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Very - even though it's never happened, and never will....gosh that sounds a bit homophobic doesn't it
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    No, they are a professional. I've taught enough anatomy to know that a hunk of meat is a hunk of meat. I go in once a month and my regular therapist is a large man. I have serious knotting issues in all of my major muscle groups and I need someone that has the physical strength to really break them up.