what have you eaten today that makes you feel guilty...

Options

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    That Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake! I buy 1 box every year. They r great, but u can just taste that hydrogenated goodness:(
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    And don't say "nothing"?

Ok, i'll say "not a thing".
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon tossed mixed nuts, you know if I actually felt bad about it haha.
  • iLOVEbabySARA13
    Options
    I really didn't regret anything today.

But YESTERDAY...300 calories worth of peanut butter swirl fudge...yep.
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Not today, it is last week instead... I was PMS-ing, make myself a non-baked cheese cake... And i FINISHED the whole damn thing .... fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
  • numejak
    numejak Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was so thirsty and so in need of caffeine this morning that I drank a 20 ounce Mountain Dew. I burned it off biking this evening though
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh definitely the greek yogurt covered caramel popcorn from Costco.. Buuuut I earned it by going to bikram yoga, so am I really feeling guilty about it? Maybe, but only because I should have eaten more protein instead.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Guilt is something I used to experience around food when I was struggling with other general stresses of life in younger years. As I've gotten older and been able to more accurately separate out my negative feelings and accurately figure out their origin more often than not it has had nothing to do with the food consumed....it is more about the underlying emotional state I'm in at the time and in the end the overindulgence takes the brunt of the self-loathing/disappointment and guilt.

Your posts make me feel such compassion....I clearly remember these awful feelings of remorse and the seemingly endless need to indulge in a good dose of self-hate and remorse....which only debilitates our self-esteem, sucks our positive energy dry and leaves us vunerable to repeating the cycle of self-soothing to self punishment again and again.

Please please don't let this happen for you .....really look beyond the surface of the over-eating/remorse cycle and ask yourself the hard questions of why are you punishing yourself this way. Take heart.....self-acceptance and relaxing (not abandoning goals) can come with more life experience.....but get all the help and support you can to end this destructive cycle (manifesting in food issues), nurture yourself and end the self-flagellation.

The level of sad around this topic and all the others like it, is a heartbreaking read.
    Good luck to everyone who has shared so honestly.
    Karen
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    giphy2_zps210cf2ea.gif
  • veggiespice
    Options
    2 bakery cinnamon buns and 6 oreos. Being so honest is difficult! In the name of positivity I shall remind myself that I've joined to keep better track of such habits :x Cheers!
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ugh, two massive pieces of deep dish pizza yesterday, and then another one reheated today. So good though! Gotta do it once in a while
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    2 slices of carrot cake, 2 choc bars, 2 biscuits - 1,200 calories...........Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO NAUGHTY

Its a good job I work out to burn it off
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire pack of cookies yesterday, over and above my Calorie goal. No guilt whatsoever. I've had a crap week, cookies make me happy, and in the grand scheme of things my intake is still well tailored to my activity level. What's to feel guilty about?

I like this attitude!!!!!!!!!!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't do food guilt...If I want it I will eat it :smile:
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire pack of cookies yesterday, over and above my Calorie goal. No guilt whatsoever. I've had a crap week, cookies make me happy, and in the grand scheme of things my intake is still well tailored to my activity level. What's to feel guilty about?

exactly!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    The beauty of discovering MFP is that if I eat 'too much' in one day, I feel no guilt whatsoever, I can take responsibility for what I've eaten and then tailor the next day's calorie intake/exercise regime accordingly. :)
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet today but yesterday I had a slice of Marie Calendar's Chocolate Silk Pie which is majorly calorie dense and some chocolate covered sea salt caramels!
  • epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Half and Half
  • BonitaMay79
    BonitaMay79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Big ol' brownie with thick chocolate icing! That was before 9 AM. Oh well.......splurged now to be good the rest of the day!
  • 12333beth
    Options
    i ate cereal for breakfast and i regretted it. I put sugar in my tea and regretted it. i feel guilty for everything i have consumed today