• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Welp this was a colossal letdown

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Title of this thread. Pure genius! Best title evah!!! :drinker: even if it's bait & switch :laugh:

Good luck OP! And personally, I love casein protein shakes. They're so thick and filling. Not sure if that helps, but since you're trying to up your protein intake, mentioned it.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I will admit, I only came in here because of swallowing, but I have no clue at all what you are trying to say...

^ this.

uh-huh!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It's a myth that it's mostly protein. It's actually mostly carbs.

Oh wait, I just now read the OP.

Still...
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    It's a myth that it's mostly protein. It's actually mostly carbs.

Oh wait, I just now read the OP.

Still...

Still.....it could just tip the scale enough if your day is a little low.
  • johan1585
    johan1585 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Are you on some type of medication by chanse? Id sounds like a unwhanted side effect?
  • Matt24442
    Options
    INNNNNNNNNNN
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    what-the-hell-gif-784.gif
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Fellow ESL speaker here. I understood your post just fine.

You don't have to be eating all protein. Have balanced meals (protein, carbs and fats). What is your goal? Maintaining muscle while losing weight? Are you doing any resistance training?

As for the chewing and swallowing, let's just call that process eating. What is your calorie goal? If you set that too low, and restrict yourself from eating anything other than protein you will get cravings and have a harder time controlling them.

Mindless eating is never good. Figure out if it happens because of your diet being too restrictive on a day to day basis or if it's mindless eating because you're sad/bored/anxious/whatever.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about how to set your macros for your goals, etc.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I choke a bit when I feel the need to swallow, but I don't consider it a bad experience per say.

Workaholics-Adam-Says-Sup.gif

frank_eyebrow_wiggle.gif
    1qor5Mx.gif
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that you eat alot but you are still hungry?

Are you using a translator for this post?
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Wow. just wow!

I work with a lady who chews things (i.e chocolate cake) but doesn't swallow it.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I have something that numbs the back of my throat. It helps with the gag reflex so I can swallow better. Benzocaine..
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Whoa...I totally thought this thread was about something else!
  • ADietadaM
    ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lol, i didn't translate the post. actually i wrote that when i was a little sleepy! And cannot edit after the post lol

But in some quotes here i did resume my post.

But, Thanks anyway for the answers! Comic some of them! lol
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I just HAVE to take a stab at translating this
    Hello,

Like i said in some post that i have a problem eating protein. Normally Its around 40gr, and that isn't my goal at all! It's much higher.

So, i was searching and searching and decided to do one day of all protein! I started saturday to sunday and... in the beginning it was a only a little wierd, but by the afternoon i found I HAD to eat two pieces of cake (made with yogurt). Then after dinner (which of course consisted of protein as per my goals), I ate (sitdown please, as this might shock you), chocolate chips, dark bread with nutella and then I finished with two more pieces of cake with butter, and hot milk with coffee!!!

It was incredible! I feel full but I feel the need for chewing and chewing and after that I must swallow! [unsure if this is some type of "diet" where the OP thinks she can get away with chewing her food and then not swallowing it as per a previous poster who thought she could spit her food and not retain the cals.] And this happens a lot. Sometimes I know I'm full but i just like to feel the sensation of swallowing after chewing the foods I'm trying to not eat but just chew to get the flavor of. What is the purpose of swallow and chew? What is happening to me? Why can't I do this crazy diet I heard of where you do not swallow your food.

And why do I eat lots of carbs at night? It was just one day of protein, not five days of carb deprivation to have that reaction!

Thank you

FIFY :flowerforyou: [i think]

Do you have the recipe for the protein cake? Thanks in advance!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so we don't rightly know whether or not you're eating enough to start. Then again as I'd stated initially, it might be an oral fixation, however the act of shoveling food into your mouth might be another form of addictive behaviour, which has been set upon you from years of eating (on binge-auto mode); No thought, just senseless eating. You like to swallow, so gum is out. Maybe a combination of chewing gum and drinking water? Or possibly empty calorie fruits or veggies like celery, cucumber, lettuce, melon balls, melon sticks? You have to find alternatives. Plan ahead. Plot your binge and turn it around or you're just self-sabotaging.

You will don't understood the diary (is in my native language), you will just see calories.
    But yes, i will do that. maybe will help.
    Thank you for your help!
    Portuguese.

Not a barrier. Share away. A good number of us on here are multilingual. :smile:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Not a barrier. Share away. A good number of us on here are multilingual. :smile:

and a few of us are even mutlipersonalitual
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Like i tell in some post i have problem to eat proteins, normally Its around 40gr, and that isn't my goal at all!
    So, i was searching and searching and decided to do one day protein! I started saturday to sunday and... in the begining was a little ward, but on afternoon i eat two pieces of cake (yogurt) , after dinner (protein) i eat (sitdown please), chocolate, chips, dark bread with nutella and finish with more two pieces of cake with butter and hot milk with coffe!!!

It was incredible! I feel full but i have the need of chewing and chewing and after swallow! And this happen alot, sometimes i'm full but i just like to feel the sensation of swallow after chewing the foods. What is the meaning of swallow and chew? What is happening?

And why i eat lots of carbs at night? It was just one day of protein, not five days to have that reaction!

Thank you

You are suffering from an oral sensory fixation. Bear down.:happy:

No no no! Don't bear down! :noway:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Hello,

Like i tell in some post i have problem to eat proteins, normally Its around 40gr, and that isn't my goal at all!
    So, i was searching and searching and decided to do one day protein! I started saturday to sunday and... in the begining was a little ward, but on afternoon i eat two pieces of cake (yogurt) , after dinner (protein) i eat (sitdown please), chocolate, chips, dark bread with nutella and finish with more two pieces of cake with butter and hot milk with coffe!!!

It was incredible! I feel full but i have the need of chewing and chewing and after swallow! And this happen alot, sometimes i'm full but i just like to feel the sensation of swallow after chewing the foods. What is the meaning of swallow and chew? What is happening?

And why i eat lots of carbs at night? It was just one day of protein, not five days to have that reaction!

Thank you

You are suffering from an oral sensory fixation. Bear down.:happy:

No no no! Don't bear down! :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::drinker: :drinker: