Replies

• JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Because I have to work 7p-4a on Thanksgiving. :(
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Who the hell dreads mashed potatoes and gravy?

:drinker:
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I don't dread the holiday. However, this year I am worried about gaining back weight. So, that could be a reason.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I love Thanksgiving...no dread here.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Not only is there a ton of awesome food, family, (and probably some wine and beer), Hanukkah also shares Thanksgiving this year, thanks to that awesome Lunar versus Gregorian calendar fun.

Thanksgivinukkah. It's a celebration for just about everyone.
  • jillianash
    jillianash Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday honored with copious amounts of food... I'm a fan.

Those that dread it should GTFO to CANADA!!!

ExtrasGiggle.gif

We celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada.....

yeah, but does a dozen Tim Horton's donuts and a shot glass of maple syrup really count as "celebrating"???

willis1.jpg

LOL That actually made me laugh. I don't have a comeback for that either
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    ^^ First LOL... but seriously yeah why would you dread Thanksgiving? It's one day out of 365. Embrace it! :)

EDIT: Oh and @ Determined_erin and anyone else who is worried about the same thing - i.e. gaining weight 'back'. Think about this - how much weight do you think you can possibly gain from one meal or one day of eating? 3-5 maybe.... which in the grand scheme of things is small potatoes... If you just get back on the horse you will have that licked in no time. = Stop dreading! ENJOY!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Because my family is completely insane.

Yeah, yeah, everyone says their family is crazy, I get it. BUT try having a family function where you sit across from your father new girlfriend that is a 22 year old heroin addict (I'm 31 btw) and then you can get on my level.

Ha, I feel your pain. You just described my family, especially if your parent has been married/divorce 5 times.

I just dread not being able to bring alcohol because someone is a closet alcoholic and can't control herself.
  • jaimedejean
    Options
    Because I'm going to cheat on my diet, and I know it, and I'm doing so well!
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    If there is anything that makes me dread Thanksgiving, it's all the stress and phone calls we get between now and Christmas asking, "Do your kids need this," "Would your kids like that," or "What do you want for Christmas?"
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading the hangover on Friday, but Thanksgiving? Bring it on.

I'm dreading the hangover I'll have on Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving eve is always a night I have my bowling league.. so naturally we all drink a lot that night. Two years ago we took the party to a bar, where Wild Turkey reps were passing out shots.

The next day was the first Thanksgiving where I spent too much time puking to eat...
  • MayaLove1
    MayaLove1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Food, food , & more food. Oh, wait, who am i kidding. I love food, especially all the yummy carbs!
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    What's not to like? Good food, good drinks, good people, no work
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Because I drink all the wine and (much to the amusement of others) start talking in a very affected, Mid-Atlantic accent ... Then I stat drinking the Limoncello and Frangelico, and before you know It, I'm belting out standards ... And I get to hear about it for the next 4 weeks until Christmas, where it's de ja vous ... Thinking about it, I don't really dread it too much ... It's become sort of amusing at this point ....
  • arc8706
    Options
    I dread doing the dishes after. But this year I'm doing almost all of the cooking (everything but the turkey which my dad is frying, oh lord), so hopefully that means I'm relieved from dish-washing duty, or at least will have a lot of help!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    It's a holiday honored with copious amounts of food... I'm a fan.

Those that dread it should GTFO to CANADA!!!

ExtrasGiggle.gif

We celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada.....

yea but isn't it in like October?
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Because I drink all the wine and (much to the amusement of others) start talking in a very affected, Mid-Atlantic accent ... Then I stat drinking the Limoncello and Frangelico, and before you know It, I'm belting out standards ... And I get to hear about it for the next 4 weeks until Christmas, where it's de ja vous ... Thinking about it, I don't really dread it too much ... It's become sort of amusing at this point ....

That's OK. I sound like I'm from Fargo... I'd take the other accent.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I used to work retail. I dreaded Thanksgiving because it meant Black Friday was the next day. So glad I don't do that anymore.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I dont dread the holiday. I dread having to see my father this year - very long story.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    only because i know all the yummy food to be available, which will cause me to gain weight:laugh: