how to burn a quick 100 calories at work????

Options

Replies

• ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    As I understand it squats equal .096 calories burned per pound per minute.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/313995-calories-burned-during-squats/

To calculate the amount of calories you burn while doing squats without additional weights, multiply your weight by .096. Take the answer and multiply it by the amount of minutes you perform the exercise. For instance, if you weigh 160 lbs. and you take 15 minutes to complete your squats, you will burn approximately 230 calories.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    thanks guys!!!! going to do a set of the back stairs and so a little stretching!!! you guys are great!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Put down the soda
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I cant go outside because its raining so no walking!!

they have this new invention called an umbrella.

you always get the rude ones, everytime lol!!!!! i didnt bring one, if i did, my *kitten* would of been outside smh lol
    I found this funny. Not particularly rude.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Volunteer to do all of the dishes tonight, that will probably help.
    But honestly 100 calories is is like .02857 pounds, so I wouldn't worry about it too much if you just continue working rather than running up and down the stairs.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I weigh 212. I'm almost certain I wouldn't burn 20 calories per minute doing squats. I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic but I just can't see how??
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    Put down the soda

EWWW SODA, NO THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    Volunteer to do all of the dishes tonight, that will probably help.
    But honestly 100 calories is is like .02857 pounds, so I wouldn't worry about it too much if you just continue working rather than running up and down the stairs.

yea, i was thinking about the clean up tonight and lots of dishes!!!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    I weigh 212. I'm almost certain I wouldn't burn 20 calories per minute doing squats. I'm sorry to sound so pessimistic but I just can't see how??

no its your opinion, your aloud to have 1 :wink:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options

you always get the rude ones, everytime lol!!!!! i didnt bring one, if i did, my *kitten* would of been outside smh lol

then befriend him.... lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

i wasn't being rude, just pointing out the obvious, that sometimes people tend to overlook.

seriously had a conversation with someone once about how boring her running was, on the treadmill all the time. i told her to take it outside, maybe find a trail or something. now she loves trail running.

so maybe plan ahead next time. preparation is the key to success. i keep an umbrella in the car in case of rain, along with a rain jacket (can't hold up an umbrella and change a tire), but i also have a bag with work out clothes, just in case. also doubles to change into in case i ever do have to change that tire in the rain and i still end up soaked.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

we're already friends.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I typically burn 12 per minute by running according to my HRM. 20 by doing squats seems excessive. Anyway good luck in your journey.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Put down the soda

EWWW SODA, NO THANK YOU!!!!!!

okay, then drop the cookie.

if you want to scrub 100 calories from your day, the most reasonable solution is to reduce your caloric intake by 100, instead of futzing around and tapping your toes under your desk or something in an effort to burn an extra 100
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    google chair exercises , there are tons you can do :)
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options

i wasn't being rude, just pointing out the obvious, that sometimes people tend to overlook.

seriously had a conversation with someone once about how boring her running was, on the treadmill all the time. i told her to take it outside, maybe find a trail or something. now she loves trail running.

so maybe plan ahead next time. preparation is the key to success. i keep an umbrella in the car in case of rain, along with a rain jacket (can't hold up an umbrella and change a tire), but i also have a bag with work out clothes, just in case. also doubles to change into in case i ever do have to change that tire in the rain and i still end up soaked.

oohhh, sorry :bigsmile:

thanks though!!! i appreciate it
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do jumping jacks at my desk :tongue:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options

lol make sense now how she thought it was funny and not rude, i dont know you, but now i do thanks :wink:

we're already friends.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    I typically burn 12 per minute by running according to my HRM. 20 by doing squats seems excessive. Anyway good luck in your journey.

yea your right!!!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    are there stairs? you can walk up and them several times that will burn calories