Anybody try The Simple Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• stoogeswoman
    stoogeswoman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like both The Simple Diet and the No S Diet, so have made them both my "go to" plans - basically will do one of them for a few weeks, till I start getting bored, then switch to the other one for a few weeks. The rule is I have to stick with each one for at least two weeks before switching.

Haven't lost anything yet but haven't gained either ... and at least I'm having fun ... lol !
  • rwpennell
    rwpennell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm really interested in this diet because it seems so easy. I think I would probably do like the previous poster said and make calorie portioned out dinners at home and freeze them. I do that anyway now just not paying as close attention to the calories. Maybe just using the frozen entrees for lunch. My biggest challenge will be getting in all the fruits and veggies. I need to lose about 90 lbs so I fall in the optimal range for this diet plan.
  • HeinekenMan
    HeinekenMan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a coincidence! Most of the people on this diet have only posted 1-3 times on the forum, and all of them have great things to say about this diet.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    For me it doesn't get any more simple than calorie tracking.

IMHO.
  • genska
    Options
    (sorry in advance for my english, I'm a french girl !!)
    So, I started The Simple Diet on monday nov 18th, and lost about 5 lbs so far...
    Yes, it is, a calorie tracking diet, but I find it easier, than looking and counting every single bite I chew.

I'm not a shake fan so instead of taking 3 x 200 cal. Shakes + 2 x 300 cal. Entrees,
    I start with a 200 cal. Breakfeast (usually 1 egg + 1 toast, or cheese + 1 toast), than I will have 2 x 200 cal. Entrees +
    2 x 300 cal Entrees, and, my 5 portions of fruits/veggies (+ multi-vitamins).

That way I'm not hungry all the time, and I can eat all sorts of different entrees (Michelina's, Health Choice,
    Smart One's, etc) without counting.

Now, I just have to hold on!
    Have a good day and good luck to all of you! ;)
  • chantalscott1
    chantalscott1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lol that doesn't sound very "simple" to me. Has anyone tried eating a healthy balanced diet and exercise?
  • Kaetheb
    Kaetheb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on The Simple Diet now. I've lost 13 pounds since the end of May. I had tried it before but I made a couple of mistakes then. First, I didn't read the whole book, especially some of the later chapters. I chose entrees at the higher end of the calorie allowances, and I went with shakes that fit the calorie requirement but had way too much sugar.

This time, I read the book, stuck to entrees at the lower calorie end, and switched to shakes that are low sugar (and mix with water so I'm not constantly buying milk).

I love this diet! It has just enough variety, and I don't have to do lots of meal planning and endless grocery shopping. My cooking is limited to garden salads and steamed veggies, so I'm not in the kitchen longer than I need to be, and I can have dinner ready before I'm ravenous.

This diet is definitely not for everyone. If "just eating healthy" works for you, or you don't have much weight to lose, that's fine. For this foodie who likes to cook (and especially bake), this has been the best way forward for me. Already my clothes are fitting better and it looks like I'll be buying a new size (smaller) pretty soon.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like someone is trying to sell a book :huh:
  • kacassidy8067
    kacassidy8067 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have a comment on this particular diet, but a lot of the affirmations on this thread come from people who have had a successful first WEEK. I think it's fantastic that you're working to change your life and improve your health, and that you're seeing early good results.

But the thing is, most diet plans work really well for the first week. Heck, When I started, I dropped four pounds in the first two days just from drinking more water!

Again, I'm not saying this diet is good or bad, and I'm not trying to say that ONLY people who have lost a lot can have useful advice to share, I'm only saying: Take "first week" results with a grain of salt.

Good luck to everybody on whichever strategy you decide to try.
    I don't have a comment on this particular diet, but a lot of the affirmations on this thread come from people who have had a successful first WEEK. I think it's fantastic that you're working to change your life and improve your health, and that you're seeing early good results.

But the thing is, most diet plans work really well for the first week. Heck, When I started, I dropped four pounds in the first two days just from drinking more water!

Again, I'm not saying this diet is good or bad, and I'm not trying to say that ONLY people who have lost a lot can have useful advice to share, I'm only saying: Take "first week" results with a grain of salt.

Good luck to everybody on whichever strategy you decide to try.

I’ve done this diet. I lost 38 pounds in 12 weeks. So far I’ve kept it off. I’m going to go back on it to drop another 28.

It’s based on the HMR diet program Dr Anderson ran at the U of Kentucky. It’s a diy version using grocery store foods.
    I actually bought some of the HMR shakes on amazon your try
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    It’s all about eating less calories than your body burns. ALWAYS!!!!!
    This book is telling you what and how much to eat keeping to a calorie deficit.
    No miracle drugs, potions etc.
    We are already doing this ourselves on MFP, but we decide what to eat ourselves. What could be simpler?
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I am lost WHY people want to drink their nutrition... Research points to liquid nutrition being less satisfying than simple whole foods. Humans LOVE novel things. Will you stick to 3 shakes a day for life? Here is a simple diet for you. Increase your intake of lower energy dense foods. Increase whole foods protein, fruits, and veggie intakes... move more vs sitting on ones bum bum... there... saved you $30..

But it doesn't get 5 stars on Amazon.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I am lost WHY people want to drink their nutrition... Research points to liquid nutrition being less satisfying than simple whole foods. Humans LOVE novel things. Will you stick to 3 shakes a day for life? Here is a simple diet for you. Increase your intake of lower energy dense foods. Increase whole foods protein, fruits, and veggie intakes... move more vs sitting on ones bum bum... there... saved you $30..

But it doesn't get 5 stars on Amazon.

It also doesn't have 5 stars on Amazon. It might've at the beginning, when the author's friends and publicist were pumping out fake reviews. Not anymore.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    The OP hasn't followed up her thread in seven years. Perhaps the diet wasn't so simple after all. :/

😂
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Ugh. Why are we waking up a dead thread from 2012?

Here's a simple "diet", you can drink or eat your meals, and you don't need special recipes from a book, or anything at all from Amazon (well, maybe a food scale ;) , but even that's optional):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Because some of us love pissing into the wind! Lol
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Newbies are resurrecting loads of zombie threads today...
    How far back do you have to go to find these??
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I think you just have to be unbelievably bored. 😩